Enjoy all the flavor of pumpkin pie in bite size cupcakes. This recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes is so delicious and topped with whipped cream.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
We love traditional pumpkin pie but these little cupcakes are amazing. It is so much fun to eat these tasty homemade pumpkin cupcakes. You might also like Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes.
What are pumpkin pie cupcakes?
Literally everything that you love about pumpkin pie is packed into these bite size treats. The combination of pumpkin puree, spices and more give each bite amazing flavor.
No need for a fork when you can just grab one of these cupcakes. This recipe definitely takes dessert to the next level.
Try this easy dessert for Thanksgiving or anytime you are craving pumpkin. They do not disappoint.
Another tasty dessert you must try, Pumpkin Pie Tacos.
- Pure pumpkin purée
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Evaporated Milk
- All Purpose Flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Whipped Cream (for topping)
How to make pumpkin pie cupcakes
- Preheat the oven. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the pan. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. You can also use cooking spray instead of lining the muffin pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice. Salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients. In a separate large bowl, mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and evaporated milk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is just combined.
- Pour batter into cupcake pans. Then pour the batter into the muffin tin. Make sure to fill each cupcake liner approximately ½ full (approximately ⅓ cup of batter in each cup).
- Bake the cupcakes. Bake for 20 minutes until the 12 cupcakes are set.
- Allow to cool. Then let the cupcakes cool to room temperature. This will take about 20 to 30 minutes. Then chill the cupcakes for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish and serve. When you are ready to serve the cupcakes, top with the whipped cream and serve immediately!
How to store
Store these cupcakes inside an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last up to 5 days.
They can be frozen up to 3 months if stored inside a freezer bag or container. When ready to serve, allow to thaw completely. Then top with whipped cream and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks:
- Pure Pumpkin. Make sure to use pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Topping. Do not top the cupcakes with the whipped cream until you are ready to serve them as the whip cream will sink as they sit.
- Allow time to set. The extra time in the fridge is needed so the cupcakes have time to firm up. Don’t skip this step.
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. If you do a lot of baking with pumpkin, consider making homemade pumpkin pie spice. It will save a ton of money. The jars in the store are small and you don’t get very much for what they cost.
Pumpkin pie cupcake Topping Ideas:
- Whipped Cream. Store bought is fine or make this easy homemade whipped cream.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice. Sprinkle some on top of the whipped cream. This looks pretty and gives it even more flavor.
- Caramel Sauce. Drizzle caramel on top for a decadent combination.
- Vanilla Ice Cream. Top each cupcake with a scoop of ice cream before serving.
- Frosting. Cream Cheese Frosting is really rich and amazing on the cupcakes.
Enjoy this fabulous recipe.
It is absolutely amazing and satisfies any craving for pumpkin. These cupcakes are packed with all the tasty things we love about pumpkin pie.
You will love this recipe for Fall or anytime of the year. Give it a try and see how yummy it is. It might just become a new family favorite.
Print this Pumpkin pie cupcakes recipe below:
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice. Salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and evaporated milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until the batter is just combined.
- Then pour the batter into the muffin tin filling each cup approximately ½ full (approximately ⅓ cup of batter in each cup).
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cupcakes are set.
- Then let the cupcakes cool to room temperature (20-30 minutes) and then chill the cupcakes for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve the cupcakes, top with the whipped cream and serve immediately!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More pumpkin desserts:
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Dulce De Leche Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies