Spider Brownies are bite size treats perfect for Halloween parties, after school snacks and more. These fun and easy treats will be a hit with kids and adults alike. Give them a try.
Easy Spider Brownies:
These spider brownies are so cute and loved by all ages. I love treats that are super easy but look amazing. Even better they are so delicious. It is an all around decadent and fun Halloween treat.
These little spiders are small so you don’t have to worry about giving kids a huge treat. We actually use mini brownie bites and they are the perfect size for little hands.
My kids love these one bite brownies. Because they can have more than one and feel like they are getting extra treats. We love Halloween and fun desserts like this one really make it so festive.
What are Spider Brownies?
Spider brownies are a fun and festive to celebrate Halloween with. Mini brownies are transformed into bite size spiders with the help of pretzels, candy eyes and icing.
They are simple to make and the perfect addition to your Halloween parties.
Ingredients for Easy Spider Brownies:
- Mini Brownies You can use a store bought mix or we love this mini brownie cupcakes recipe.
- Mini-candy Eyes
- Pretzel Twists
- White Pre-made Icing
How to Make Spider Brownies:
- Step 1 – Prepare Brownies – Make the brownies based on the package instructions or prepare them from homemade. Set aside and allow them to cool.
- Step 2 – Cut Brownies – Cut the top curved pieces of the pretzels off.
- Step 3 – Add pretzels to brownies – Gently place 4 curved pretzel pieces into each side of the mini brownies.
- Step 4 – Add Eyes – Use the pre-made icing to adhere the candy eyes. Add them to the front portion of the mini-brownies.
How to Make with a Regular Baking Dish:
These brownie spiders can easily be made with a regular baking dish. Prepare the brownie as indicate and pour into a baking dish. Then with a biscuit cutter, cut the brownies into small circles.
Then decorate the brownies as indicated.
If you do not have a biscuit cutter, you can use a knife to cut the brownies into small circles.
- Mini Muffin Pan – Make sure you have a mini brownie pan or mini muffin pan to make these.
- Cool Brownies – After baking the brownies, allow the brownies to cool before decorating them.
- Pretzels – Gently cut the pretzels into round pieces. This helps to have the perfect pretzel legs.
Variation Ideas for Dessert Spider:
- Spider Eyes – You can use M&M instead of the candy eyes if you prefer. Also, you can use your own handmade icing instead of the pre-made icing to adhere the eyes to the brownies.
- Spider Legs – Instead of the pretzels, use black licorice to make the legs.
- Chocolate Covered – Dip the brownie bites into melted chocolate for added flavor.
- Frosting – Feel free to add a layer of chocolate frosting to the top. You can use chocolate frosting instead of vanilla to add the eyes.
- Chocolate Chips – Mix chocolate chips into the brownie batter. You can also use mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Mini Brownies – We like making homemade brownies. But you can find mini brownies in the bakery section at your local grocery store.
How to Store Brownie Spiders Leftovers:
These brownie spiders store well. Place the brownie spiders in an air tight container and the will last about a week.
Why we love making these Spider Brownies:
- Fun and Festive – This is a fun and festive treat to make for Halloween. We love baking during the holidays and this one is always made for Halloween. Make these and Spider cookies for your holiday parties.
- Easy Ingredients – The ingredients are easy staple ingredients. You probably already have everything you need.
- Great for Parties – This is a fun and easy brownie to make. Host a Halloween party and make these brownies.
Can Spider Brownies be prepared ahead of time?
Yes, these spider brownies are great prepared ahead of time. You can easily make the mini brownies the night before serving. Then decorate them right before serving.
Can you freeze Brownie Bites?
They can be frozen up to 3 months. This is convenient for holidays, parties or anytime you need to bake in advance.
The Best Halloween Treat:
This Halloween Treat is delicious and easy to make. Making holiday treats is one of my families things to do when the holidays come around. This is a great option to do with the kids or for a class party.
The ingredients are simple which makes this a budget friendly Halloween treat.
Print Recipe for Spider Brownies:
- 20 Mini Brownies cooked – you can use a store bought mix or make your own here – https://dessertsonadime.com/mini-brownie-cupcakes-recipe/
- 40 mini-candy Eyes
- 80 Pretzel Ting Twists
- 4 oz white pre-made icing
- Make the brownies based on the package instructions or prepare them from homemade. Set aside and allow them to cool.
- Cut the top curved pieces of the pretzels off.
- Gently place 4 curved pretzel pieces into each side of the mini brownies.
- Use the pre-made icing to adhere the candy eyes to the front portion of the mini-brownies.
- Recipe Notes:
- You can use M&M instead of the candy eyes if you prefer. Also, you can use your own handmade icing instead of the pre-made icing to adhere the eyes to the brownies.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other brownie recipes:
- Easy Homemade Brownies Recipe
- Double Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Easy Cheesecake Brownies Recipe