If you love Andes mints, you need to try this recipe for Chocolate Andes Mints Cookies. This is super easy and packed with chocolate and mint flavor for the best treat.
Chocolate Andes Mints Cookies Recipe:
I love Andes mints and the combination of mint and chocolate. It is so luscious and decadent. One day it occurred to me that this would make a great combination for a cookie.
Even better, these little cookies are SO easy. They look really amazing and fancy but they are super easy. You know we like to keep things simple around here. These cookies are soft and chewy and full of mint flavor.
This chocolate cookie is perfect for the holidays. Andes mints a holiday staple candy and we love adding them to our favorite chocolate cookie recipe. The melted chocolate candy on top really gives it so much flavor.
For more mint flavor, try this amazing Grasshopper Pie we love.
Andes Mint Cookies:
Andes Mints are a staple holiday stocking stuffer. My kids know every year that they will find these green shiny wrapped candy in their stocking. These candies can easily be found at your local grocery store in the candy isle.
This candy is the star ingredient to this easy chocolate cookie recipe. I always buy extra boxes so I can make these cookies that are always a favorite holiday cookie.
Ingredients for Andes Mint Cookies:
- Butter, softened (butter needs to be slightly soft at room temperature not melted)
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Andes Mint Chocolates
Chocolate Andes Mint Cookies Recipe
How to Make Andes Mint Cookies:
- Step 1 – First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – In a large bowl whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Step 3 – In a separate mixing bowl, blend the butter with the sugars until smooth. I used a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer for this.
- Step 4 – Add in the eggs and vanilla 1 at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Step 5 – Then hand mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix the batter.
- Step 6 – Scoop approximately 1 Tbsp of the dough onto a baking sheet. Make sure that they are approximately 2 in apart. (I use a cookie scoop to save time and make sure they are all the same size.)
- Step 7 – Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are soft. Bake on prepared baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Step 8 – Remove the cookies from the oven and place an unwrapped Andes mint on each cookie at the center.
- Step 9 – Allow them to set and let the heat from the cookie melt the mint (3-5 minutes).
- Step 10 – Then take a knife and gently spread the cookie around the top of the cookie to make the icing.
- Step 11 – Transfer the cookies to a cool rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Step 12 – Serve and Enjoy this easy cookie recipe.
It is really that simple and easy to make these cookies. Anyone that loves mint flavor will love the Andes Mint and chocolate cookie combination.
Chocolate Andes Mint Cookie Tips:
- Dry Ingredients – Combine dry ingredients separately from the wet ingredients.
- Mix Wet Ingredients – Mix the wet ingredients with a hand held mixer or a stand mixer.
- Add in Eggs – When adding in the eggs, add in one at time. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Combining Ingredients – When mixing the wet and dry ingredients do not over mix. Just mix until ingredients are combined.
- Chilling Cookie Dough – You can easily make the dough ahead of time and chill the dough if you prefer. If baking the cookies when the dough has chilled, we think they are not as flat.
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto balls. This allows for the balls to be about the same size.
- Baking Cookies – Bake cookies until they are cooked with a crispy edges and soft in the center.
- Andes Mints – Top the cookies with Andes Mints and allow them to melt before spreading the cookie. This will take about 5 minutes for the heat from the cookie to melt the chocolate.
- Cooling Cookie – Allow cookie to cool completely before serving. We recommend placing on a cooling rack to cool.
- Andes Mint Baking chips – You can mix in Andes Mint Pieces for added flavor. We love to melt the Andes mints on top, but you can definitely added in the chips.
- Add Nuts – Mix in chopped nuts to the chocolate cookies for added flavor. We like the combination of sweet and salty when making these cookies.
- Mix in Andes Candy – Add in chopped Andes Candy into the batter if you prefer. You can skip melting the melting the candy on top.
- Chocolate Chips – Mix in chocolate chips to the chocolate cookie batter for added texture and flavor.
- White Chocolate Chips – Instead of chocolate chips, stir in white chocolate chips to change the flavor and look of the cookie.
- Christmas Sprinkles – These are the perfect holiday cookies, add in some Christmas Sprinkles for a fun holiday treat.
- Add Mini Marshmallows – Add mini marshmallows to the cookie mixture. This is eye pleasing and makes these cookies taste amazing.
How to Store Andes Mint Cookies:
Storing Andes Mint Cookies is easy to do. Store in an air tight container at room temperature. They will stay fresh for about a week if store correctly.
They would be perfect to give out as gifts or to be added to a cookie tray.
How to Freeze:
You can also easily freeze these cookies. Place them in a freezer bag or freezer container for up to 2-3 months. Let the cookies defrost at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy.
Why we Love Andes Mints Chocolate Cookies:
- Chocolate and Mint The combination of chocolate and mint go perfectly together. Andes is a family favorite candy and melted and added to this candy makes it extra special.
- Easy to Make – The cookies are easy to make. No need for fancy ingredients, just combine the ingredients to make a basic chocolate cookie.
- Simple Ingredients – We love holiday baking and making desserts that do not require a lot of ingredients. This means that they are budget friendly and that is my favorite part. These ingredients are staple pantry ingredients.
- Chewy Texture – After baking the chocolate cookies, they come out with a chewy texture and crispy edges. Then adding the melted Andes Mints takes a basic chocolate cookie to the next level.
Print this Andes Mints Cookies Recipe below:
Andes Mints Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend the butter with the sugars and vanilla until smooth (I used a hand held mixer or stand up mixer for this).
- Add in the eggs 1 at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Then hand mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Scoop approximately 1 Tbsp of the dough onto a baking sheet and ensure that they are approximately 2 in apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are soft.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place an unwrapped andes mint on each cookie at the center.
- Allow them to set and let the heat from the cookie melt the mint (3-5 minutes).
- Then take a knife and gently spread the cookie around the top of the cookie to make the icing.
- Transfer the cookies to a cool rack and allow them to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe