No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream is rich and creamy and so easy to make. No ice cream maker needed for this simple 4 ingredient ice cream.
What does No-Churn Ice Cream mean?
This is my favorite type of ice cream recipe. It means that you do not need an ice cream machine to churn it. No egg yolks chocolate no churn ice cream is made with simple ingredient and the best chocolate flavored ice cream that you can make at home.
Homemade ice cream is so easy to make and this one with only 4 ingredients is sure to be a hit. Just a few simple steps and you will be on your way to enjoying ice cream that tastes amazing.
Chocolate Homemade Ice Cream is perfect for any occasion. We love to serve it for my kids birthdays or when we have friends over. This ice cream only requires a few simple ingredients which makes it budget friendly.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Whipping Cream – make sure it is cold
How to Make No Churn Chocolate Ice Cream:
- Step 1 – Mix Ingredients – First, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Beat Heavy Whipping Cream – Second, get a separate bowl and pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl. Use a stand mixer or hand held mixer to beat this until you start to see stiff peaks form. This normally takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 3 – Combine heavy cream and chocolate mixture – Now, very gently stir the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Stir until well combined but be careful to not overmix.
- Step 4 – Pour into loaf pan – Finally, you need a 9 inch loaf pan. Spread the mixture into the pan and cover with foil. Put in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Step 5 – Serve – Scoop and enjoy.
How Long will Chocolate Ice Cream last:
The ice cream will be good for up to 3 months in the freezer. However, we love it so much that we finish it off much sooner than that.
Chocolate Ice Cream Tips:
- Frozen Bowl – Use a frozen bowl to mix together ingredients. I like to freeze my bowl for 24 hours prior to using. This will help the mixture to freeze even better.
- Quality Ingredients – Try to use the best quality ingredients you can find. Since this recipe calls for so few ingredients, it is helpful to use high quality ones.
- Heavy Cream – Do not substitute regular milk for the heavy whipping cream. It will not result in the same creamy texture.
- Mixing Ingredients – When combining the chocolate mixture and the whipped cream, do not over mix. Stir until the ingredients are combined.
4 ingredient Chocolate Ice Cream Topping Ideas:
Ice cream is even more delicious with toppings. This is an easy and tasty ice cream to make for an ice cream sundae bar.
Some of our favorites include:
- Hot fudge –Homemade Hot fudge is easy and so decadent.
- Strawberry sauce -We love this strawberry sauce recipe .
- Caramel sauce (This homemade caramel sauce is the best.)
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Topping
- Whipped Cream (or homemade whipped cream.)
- Maraschino cherries
How to Serve:
You can scoop into bowls or serve in a cone. Feel free to add toppings such as more chocolate, crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows.
It is also delicious served on top of a warm brownie. The creamy texture chocolate ice cream with all of the yummy mix-ins tastes amazing with this.
When making ice cream, I like to add in different types of candies or nuts. This gives the ice cream delicious flavor and texture. These are my favorite additions:
- Chopped Candy – If you have leftover candy, chop it up and mix it into your ice cream. We recommend mini kit-kats, mini Reese’s cups, or heath bars.
- Gummy Candy – Another family favorite is to mix in gummy bears or Sour gummy worms (a big kid favorite).
- Cookies – If you have cookies chop them up and mix them in to your ice cream. Try Mini Oreo cookies or Mini chocolate chip cookies.
- Fun Sprinkles – Everyone loves sprinkles in their ice cream. Add some in to create a fun and festive ice cream.
- Chocolate Chips – Chocolate chips are a must when making chocolate ice cream. Peanut butter morsels or white chocolate chips would also be a good addition.
- Marshmallows – If you have never added mini marshmallows to your ice cream, you are missing out. They add a gooey texture to your ice cream.
- Chopping Nuts – Add in some chopped peanuts or sliced almonds to create a nice crunch to your ice cream.
Can this Recipe be made ahead?
Yes, this ice cream is perfect to make ahead of time. Because takes it at least 6 hours to freeze, we prefer to make it at least a day ahead from when I am serving it.
How to Store Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream:
Place inside a container with an freezer safe air tight lid or cover with plastic wrap. This will prevent it from getting freezer burn.
Print Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe:
No churn chocolate ice cream
- Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a separate bowl and mix with a stand up mixer or hand held mixer for 2-3 minutes until it holds stiff peaks.
- Gently stir the whipped cream into the cocoa mixture until well combined and be careful not to overtax.
- Then spread the mixture in a 9 in loaf pan. Cover with foil and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Then scoop out with an ice cream scoop and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes:
- Homemade Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Homemade Salted Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
- Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream