Enjoy a decadent combination when you make these tasty Chocolate peanut butter cookies. Classic peanut butter cookies get even better when you add chocolate. Peanut butter and chocolate fans will go crazy over this new recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie:
We love peanut butter cookies and wanted to try a new twist by adding chocolate. This recipe did not disappoint and the kids declared it a success!
The combination of these amazing ingredients make a delicious cookie that is also incredibly simple to make.
You can easily make a large batch if needed for parties. This recipe won’t break the bank and is very inexpensive to make.
If you participate in cookie exchanges, this is a great recipe to try. The cookies hold up well and you can easily double the recipe if you need a larger quantity.
Easy Cookie Recipe:
These thick and chewy peanut butter chocolate chip is an easy cookie recipe. We love that they are easy to make and have simple pantry ingredients. They are freezer friendly and loaded with creamy peanut butter.
You can easily add in peanut butter chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips. We love any desserts that combines the chocolate and peanut butter flavoring.
Our family loves these cookies and these simple steps make the recipe even easier.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients:
- Butter Flavored Shortening
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Preheat Oven – Start out by preheating your oven.
- Combine the ingredients – Mix the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. You can mix with a hand held mixer or a stand mixer. Just mix until all the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Mix dry ingredients – In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients – Then gradually stir in the flour mixture into the wet mixture by hand. The dough will be thick but this is normal.
- Scoop cookie into dough balls – Use a cookie scoop to drop about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture. Place the dough onto an ungreased prepared baking sheet.
- Use fork to put design into cookie – Then make the crisscross design on the top of each cookies with a fork.
- Bake Cookies – Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes until the cookies are firm.
- Cool and Serve – Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes. Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How do I know when cookies are done?
The cookies are done when the edges are firm and the center is very soft. Cookies will continue to cook after removing from the oven on the baking sheets.
Tips for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe:
- Cookie Scoop – If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops. I have had mine for several years and I use them for all types of baking.
- Line Baking Pan – We also line baking sheets with parchment paper. This makes cleaning large baking sheets easier as well. You can also use silicone baking mats.
- Chill the Dough – For thicker cookies, we recommend chill the dough for about an hour after mixing the dough.
- Cool Cookies – To get the perfect cookie texture, make sure to let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. Allow cookies to finish cooking on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Brown Sugar – There is no granulated sugar in this recipe. Light brown sugar is added to give this cookie moisture and the chewy texture.
Can I use butter instead of shortening?
Yes, you can use butter instead of shortening. But the texture and the appearance of your cookies will change. Here is what we found when we baked the cookies with butter and with shortening.
Shortening – When we used shortening to make these cookies, they cookies turned out thick and soft. They rose some and did not spread much when baking.
Butter – The cookies that were made with butter, did spread some while baking. They were also much thinner than those that were made with shortening. They still tasted great and had a chewy texture.
- Peanut butter chips would be delicious in these cookies for even more peanut butter flavor.
- Add chocolate chips if you really love chocolate.
- Try white chocolate chips for a different flavor with the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Make an ice cream sandwich with the cookies. This is amazing and so decadent.
- Add M&M’s to the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
What does my cookies burn on the bottom?
When you are preparing your pans for baking, make sure to line your pan with parchment paper. This prevents the cookies from burning on the bottom.
How long will these cookies last?
To keep the cookies fresh, store in a air tight container at room temperature. The cookies will stay fresh up to 3 to 4 days.
How to Freeze Cookies:
You can freeze the cookie dough or the cookies once they have cooled to room temperature. Place cookie dough on a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Once the cookie dough is frozen, then you can store in a zip lock freezer bag.
Freezing individual cookie dough cookies, you can then cook how many you need. To freeze cookies, store in an air tight container and they will last about 3 months.
Chocolate Peanut Butter are a Crowd Pleaser!
This perfect little cookie is amazing for any day or occasion. Thanks to how easy it is, you can whip these together in minutes. Your family will love these chocolate peanut butter cookie.
Let the kids help. They will have a blast making the criss cross pattern on the cookies. Make sure to store in an airtight container. However, ours don’t last very long because everyone eats them so fast.
We love creamy peanut butter but you can try using natural peanut butter if you prefer. It is a great recipe all around.
Let us know how your cookies turn out! I think they will be a hit for sure. Another great thing about this recipe is how budget friendly it is.
Print the recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies below:
Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with a hand held mixer. Just mix until all the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Then gradually stir in the flour mixture into the wet mixture by hand. The dough will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Then make the crisscross design on the top of each cookies with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes until the cookies are firm. Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes and then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe