Enjoy a decadent combination when you make these tasty Chocolate peanut butter cookies. Classic peanut butter cookies get even better when you add chocolate. Peanut butter and chocolate fans will go crazy over this new recipe.
Chocolate peanut butter cookies
We love peanut butter cookies and wanted to try a new twist by adding chocolate. This recipe did not disappoint and the kids declared it a success!
The combination of these amazing ingredients make a delicious cookie that is also incredibly simple to make. You can’t go wrong!
You can easily make a large batch if needed for parties. This recipe won’t break the bank and is very inexpensive to make.
If you participate in cookie exchanges, this is a great recipe to try. The cookies hold up well and you can easily double the recipe if you need a larger quantity.
Let’s get started!
Chocolate peanut butter cookies ingredients:
- Butter Flavored Shortening
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
How to make chocolate peanut butter cookies:
Start out by preheating your oven.
Mix the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with a hand held mixer. Just mix until all the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix!
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
Then gradually stir in the flour mixture into the wet mixture by hand. The dough will be thick but this is normal.
Use a cookie scoop to drop about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Then make the crisscross design on the top of each cookies with a fork.
Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes until the cookies are firm. Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes and then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for chocolate peanut butter cookies recipe:
If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops!
I have had mine for several years and I use them for all types of baking. I bought the 3 pack and used the smallest of the 3 scoops for these funfetti cake mix cookies (and almost all my cookies) and they were just the right size for adults and kids.
The other sizes are perfect for other recipes or meatballs and such. Trust me, they will get lots of use and are well worth the small investment.
We have even used an ice cream scoop but I do prefer the smaller cookie scoops.
It is also a good idea to use a cooling rack. Place the cookies on racks to cool completely.
We also line baking sheets with parchment paper. This makes cleaning large baking sheets easier as well. You can also use silicone baking mats.
Our family loves these cookies and these simple steps make the recipe even easier. I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!
Other ideas to try with chocolate peanut butter cookies:
- Peanut butter chips would be delicious in these cookies for even more peanut butter flavor.
- Add chocolate chips if you really love chocolate.
- Try white chocolate chips for a different flavor with the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Make an ice cream sandwich with the cookies. This is amazing and so decadent.
If you love double stuffed cookies at the bakery but not the price, try making them at home. Whip up some easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe and make your own at home in minutes. I will warn you though, they are super decadent with the icing.
These soft chocolate and peanut butter cookies make delicious cookie sandwiches. Give it a try!
It is really decadent and a great treat for something extra special. The frosting is oh so tasty with these soft chewy cookies.
Print the recipe for chocolate peanut butter cookies below:
Enjoy a decadent combination when you make tasty Chocolate peanut butter cookies. Classic peanut butter cookies get even better when you add chocolate.
- 1/2 cup Butter Flavored Shortening
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/4 Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with a hand held mixer. Just mix until all the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Then gradually stir in the flour mixture into the wet mixture by hand. The dough will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Then make the crisscross design on the top of each cookies with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes until the cookies are firm. Cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes and then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will also love Funfetti Cake Mix Recipe for another quick treat that tastes delicious.
With just a few simple ingredients, Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe comes together quickly and easily for another great cookie recipe.
Another favorite recipe is Red Velvet Cookies with just 4 ingredients!
Make a festive treat in minutes with this St Patrick’s day cake mix cookie recipe.
Jello cookies recipe is a fun and delicious way to enjoy cookies.
Try these other cookie recipes:
- M&M Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- How to make Snowman Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Amazing Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Butter Cookies Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Moist and Rich Brownie Cookies
- Jello Cookies Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- Quick and Easy Monster Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chips Cookie Recipe
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats