Chocolate Kiss Cookies Recipe is a decadent chocolate cookie topped with a Hershey Kiss. This fun filled cookie is packed with chocolate.
Chocolate Kiss Cookies Recipe
This is the perfect cookie recipe for chocolate lovers. Each bite is packed with chocolate. From the decadent cookie to the luscious topping, it is amazing.
Don’t let the idea of making cookies from scratch intimidate you. This recipe is crazy easy. I don’t consider myself a baker and I can make this. It is that simple.
Anyone can easily make these cookies for a cooking exchange, party or just an after school snack. If you love peanut butter blossoms, this recipe for Chocolate Kiss Cookies will be a hit. Chocolate fans might also like Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe.
- Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- Granulated Sugar, plus a little more for rolling the cookies in
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Semi sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Baking Powder
- Milk Chocolate Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
How to make chocolate kiss cookies:
- Preheat the oven. It needs to be set to 350 F.
- Melt the chocolate. Place the semi sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stir after each interval until the chocolate is fully melted. Set aside for the chocolate to cool.
- Combine the butter and sugar. Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy. I like to use a stand mixer.
- Add eggs to the mixture. Add egg, vanilla and cooled melted chocolate and beat together. You do not want the chocolate to be hot or it will cook the egg.
- Get out a separate large bowl. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Make the cookie dough balls. Roll dough into 24 1″ balls. Roll each of these cookie dough balls into a bowl of granulated sugar and place on a prepared baking sheet several inches apart. You might want to put parchment paper on the sheet prior to placing the cookies.
- Bake the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Hershey Kisses so they are ready.
- Top the cookies with a Hershey Kiss. Once the cookies are done, place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie once you remove them from the oven.
- Allow to cool. Then move the cookies from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to store:
The cookies will last in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days.
Can you freeze chocolate kiss cookies?
Yes, these cookies freeze extremely well. Freeze inside an airtight container with wax paper in between the layers of cookies.
Make sure the cookies are completely cool before freezing. Be gentle when placing the cookies in layers as the tops aren’t even. You don’t want to break the Hershey kisses.
They can be frozen up to 4 months. When ready to eat, allow to thaw on the counter.
If you are in a hurry, you can place in the microwave for 30 seconds. You do not want to heat the cookies too long and risk melted the chocolate.
- Hugs. I love the combination of white chocolate in these cookies.
- Peppermint Kisses. If you love peppermint, this is a must try combination.
- Caramel Kisses. These are absolutely divine.
- Seasonal. There are various Hershey Kiss options available year round. Give them a try for a new flavor.
- Dark Chocolate. This is super yummy with the chocolate cookies.
- Peanut butter cup. This isn’t a Hershey Kiss but would make a tasty peanut butter and chocolate cookie combination.
- Chocolate Chips. If you are out of kisses, toss a few chocolate chips on top.
There are so many delicious ways to change these cookies.
Tips and tricks:
- Cookie Scoop. This will make it so much easier and quicker to make the cookie dough balls. Each cookie will be uniform and cook evenly.
- Cookie dough. The dough may seem soft to you but resist the urge to add more flour. This is the consistency it is supposed to be. Too much flour will result in crumbly cookies.
- Completely cool. It is crucial to allow the cookies to cool completely before storing. You do not want to risk losing their pretty appearance.
- Room temperature butter. You want the butter to be room temperature. It should not be cold or warm.
- Flour. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup and then level with a knife. This will prevent too much flour from being in your dough if you scoop the measuring cup and pack it in.
- Sprinkles. These cookies are perfect for holidays and special occasions. You can easily add sprinkles to match any color theme.
Simply press the dough ball in sprinkles prior to baking. I think red and green would be so pretty for Christmas, pastel for Easter and so much more.
- Unwrap the candy. It is important to unwrap the candy while the cookies bake. You will need to work quickly once they are out of the oven. The longer the cookies sit, the less likely the Hershey Kiss will adhere.
Start baking and enjoy this treat.
This is such a fabulous recipe and really simple to make from scratch. Everyone will love all the chocolate packed into this cookie.
It simply does not disappoint. Make this recipe today for an easy treat that friends and family will enjoy.
Print this recipe for Chocolate Kiss Cookies:
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar plus a little more for rolling the cookies in
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup semi sweet baking chocolate melted
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 24 Milk Chocolate Hershey Kisses unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the semi sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 20 second intervals, stir after each interval until the chocolate is fully melted. Set aside for the chocolate to cool.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and cooled melted chocolate and beat together. You do not want the chocolate to be hot or it will cook the egg.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Roll into 24 1″ balls. Roll each of these cookie dough balls into a bowl of granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Hershey Kisses so they are ready.
- Once the cookies are done, place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie once you remove them from the oven.
- Then move the cookies from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe