Get ready for Game Day with these Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries. With only 4 ingredients and simple instructions, they are so easy.
We are going to show you how simple it is to make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Footballs. They turn out so cute and taste delicious. Everyone will enjoy these chocolate dipped strawberries for Game Day or Super Bowl.
Table of contents
Why this recipe works
With easy-to-follow instructions, anyone can quickly transform strawberries into chocolate covered football treats. They are one of the cutest Super Bowl Desserts.
- Chocolate almond bark
- White Chocolate Chips (or white melting chocolate)
- Coconut Oil
The entire ingredient list and instructions can be found at the bottom of the post.
How to make chocolate covered strawberry footballs
- Step 1. Clean the strawberries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and clean the strawberries.
Step 2. Melt the chocolate using a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
Step 3. Next, dip the strawberries in melted chocolate and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes so the chocolate sets.
Step 4. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe container. Heat in 15 second intervals (stirring after each interval) until fully melted.
Step 5. Pour the melted white chocolate inside a ziploc bag with one of the small corners cut off one of the ends. You can also use a piping bag. Pipe the small lines on the middle of the strawberries. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
Store strawberries inside a covered, airtight container in the refrigerator.
These are best served within 48 hours.
While these can be frozen, we recommend eating these fresh. The fruit will form condensation when thawing and can obstruct the appearance of the design.
If you do decide to freeze the, the berries will last up to 3 months. Store inside an airtight freezer container lined with parchment paper.
- Remove any excess chocolate from the strawberry.
- Allow the chocolate coating to set before adding the white line down the middle.
- Make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping into chocolate. You do not want any moisture on the berries or the chocolate will not adhere.
- Melt the chocolate in intervals to prevent it from burning. You can also use a double boiler instead of the microwave if you prefer.
- Refrigerate the berries for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. This will give them time to set.
- You can also use dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate for the strawberries.
- The strawberries should be room temperature before dipping into chocolate.
- Choose strawberries for the recipe that are firm. You don’t want to use overly ripe or mushy berries.
- Use high quality chocolate for best results. The taste will be noticeable.
- Don’t overcook the chocolate or it will be too hot and cook the strawberries. It should be melted but not excessively hot.
More chocolate covered desserts
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Football Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Football Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Recipe
Try these football desserts
- How to Make a Football Cake
- Football Oreo Balls
- Football Dirt Cups
- Football Sugar Cookies Recipe
- How to Make a Football Cake
Try chocolate dipped strawberry footballs for your next Super Bowl party. Leave a comment and star rating once you make them!
Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 16 oz. chocolate almond bark
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips or white melting chocolate
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and clean the strawberries.
- Add Almond Bark to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave chocolate starting with 1 minute, stir. Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time. Stop just before chocolate is completely melted, then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and place on a parchment covered baking sheet. Refrigerate for approximately 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Melt the white chocolate chips with the coconut oil in a microwave safe container. Heat in 15 second intervals (stirring after each interval) until fully melted.
- Add the melted white chocolate to a ziplock bag with one of the small corners cut off one of the ends. Create the laces on each of the chocolate covered strawberries with the melted white chocolate.
- Refrigerate for approximately 10 more minutes to allow this chocolate to set. Then the strawberries are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe