Learn how to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries. We have the best tips and tricks with easy step by step instructions to make homemade chocolate covered strawberries.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe:
It really isn’t difficult to make these at home and you can get the same gorgeous results for a fraction of the price. We have easy step by step instructions. Decorate the chocolate covered strawberries or leave them plain.
This bite-sized dessert is everyone’s favorite. They are budget friendly and the options are endless on how you can decorate them. Simple ingredients makes this a crowd pleasing dessert.
How do I Choose the Best Strawberries?
You want to select strawberries that are ripe and bright red so they will be full of flavor. Just make sure the strawberries are not too ripe as you do not want mushy strawberries.
I usually select strawberries that are large which makes them easier to dip into the chocolate.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
No! You need to use fresh strawberries. Frozen strawberries will not work and you will have a big mess once they unthaw.
How to Wash and Dry Strawberries
One big tip is to make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping in chocolate. Don’t wash them and then immediately try to dip them in chocolate. The moisture will make it difficult for the chocolate to stick.
I prefer to wash my strawberries, pat them dry and then allow them to sit and dry completely. This ensures the moisture is eliminated.
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Chocolate Sprinkles for topping
- White Sprinkles for topping
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Step 1 – First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Step 2 – Prepare all of the toppings you are using. I like to get everything sorted in cups or bowls so everything is ready to go!
- Step 3 – Clean strawberries and make sure they are completely dry. I like to lay them on a paper towel to allow them to dry.
- Step 4 – Add Almond Bark to a heat proof microwave safe bowl. The amount will depend on how many strawberries you are coating.
- Step 5 – Microwave chocolate starting with 1 minute intervals, stir. Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Step 6 – Stop just before chocolate is completely melted, then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Step 7 – You can also use a double boiler. Just use what you prefer or have on hand.
- Step 8 – Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and remove excess chocolate after dipping the strawberries. Immediately add sprinkles. Place on parchment covered baking sheet.
- Step 9 = For drizzling the chocolate, melt Almond Bark in the microwave, then fill a plastic squeeze bottle to drizzle the strawberries.
- Step 10 – Once the chocolate coating has set, you can store the chocolate covered strawberries. We usually allow the chocolate to set for about 30 minutes.
How to Melt Chocolate:
Place the almond bark in a microwave safe bowl. Begin with heating the chocolate for 1 minute. Then stir chocolate and place back into the microwave. Continue heating chocolate in 30 seconds intervals and stirring after.
Stirring chocolate allows for it to melt faster and smoother. Make sure to not heat the chocolate for to long as it could burn.
How long do Chocolate Covered Strawberries last?
They will last for several days but are best eaten within a day or so. I try to always serve the chocolate covered strawberries within 2 days of making them.
Make sure you store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use parchment paper to separate the layers.
How to Decorate:
Decorating chocolate covered strawberries is easy and fun to do. They can be drizzled with white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top for fun designs.
There are many fun and easy ways to top your Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I like to use different toppings when I serve them.
- Chopped Nuts
- Shredded Coconut
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles – White, Chocolate or Colored Sprinkles is what we usually use.
- Crushed Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Crushed Candy Canes
- White Chocolate Drizzled over the top
Tips for the Best Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
- Almond Bark – Coating: 3-4 squares of Almond Bark should coat 10-12 strawberries.
- Strawberries – Make sure to choose good strawberries for this dessert. Wash and dry strawberries completely before dipping into chocolate. We recommend the strawberries be at room temperature before dipping.
- Melting Chocolate – Don’t over melt the chocolate or it will burn and the chocolate will taste burnt.
- Double Boiler – You can also melt the chocolate in a double boiler if you prefer.
How to Store Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
Store leftover Chocolate Covered Strawberries in the refrigerator. They are best served within 48 hours of making them. We recommend serving them the same day you make them.
Cover the container with plastic wrap or a lid.
Print Homemade Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipes below:
Chocolate covered strawberries
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 package 16 oz chocolate almond bark
- 1 package 16 oz white chocolate almond bark
- Chocolate sprinkles for topping
- White sprinkles for topping
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Prepare all of the toppings you are using
- Clean strawberries
- Add Almond Bark to a microwave safe bowl. The amount will depend on how many strawberries you are coating ** see notes
- Microwave chocolate starting with 1 minute, stir.
- Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Stop just before chocolate is completely melted, then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and immediately add sprinkles
- Place on parchment covered baking sheet
- For drizzling the chocolate, melt Almond Bark in the microwave, then fill a plastic squeeze bottle to drizzle the strawberries
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Strawberry Desserts You’ll Love:
- Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Angel Food Cake
- 3 ingredient Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake in a jar
- Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
More chocolate treats to try:
- Golden Graham S’mores Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Fondue Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- Caramel Chocolate Microwave Fudge
- The Best Chocolate Fudge Recipe