Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies has a delicious combination of Oreo Cookies and chocolate all tossed together with a cereal mixture. It is easy to prepare and sure to be a hit.
This sweet snack mix is a tasty spin on traditional Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies. Oreo fans will go crazy over this new recipe. It’s one of the easiest Oreo Desserts Recipes and I make it for the kids frequently. The entire no bake recipe is so quick and easy.
Table of Contents
What are Muddy Buddies?
It is a snack mix that you might also know by the name Puppy Chow. Traditionally, classic Muddy Buddies consists of chex cereal, powdered sugar, peanut butter and chocolate.
I am making a fun twist today with oreo cookies for a fun new twist on an old favorite. You will love Muddy Buddies Cookies and Cream.
- Corn Chex Cereal
- White Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate Chips or semi sweet chocolate chip
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
Find the complete ingredient list and recipe for cookies and cream puppy chow at the bottom of the post.
- Oreo Cookies. Try Golden Oreo Cookies or other types of flavors.
- Mini Oreo Cookies. Toss in Mini Oreo Cookies instead of the large cookies.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. First, divide the Chex mix evenly into 2 large mixing bowls. Then crush 10 Oreo Cookies in a food processor until they are fine crumbs. Place the remaining Oreos in a ziplock bag or zip top bag and gently crush into large pieces.
Step 2. Get out a large gallon size bag and place half of the powdered sugar and half of the finely crushed Oreos into the bags.
Step 3. Melt the white chocolate chips and half of the vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl. Continue to microwave in 20 second intervals until melted.
Step 4. Next, melt the milk chocolate chips.
Step 5. Coat one bowl of cereal in the melted white chocolate mixture. Stir until well coated.
Step 6. Then coat the other bowl of cereal in the melted milk chocolate.
Step 7. Dump them separately into the large ziploc bag. Seal tightly in the bag and shake in the powdered sugar mixture until the cereal is well coated.
Step 8. Finally, spread both types of coated cereal onto a cookie sheet. Gently stir the cereal mixtures and mix in the large pieces of Oreos. Allow to set and then serve.
- Combine thoroughly. Make sure to combine the cereal completely in the powdered sugar mixture.
- Melt the chocolate in intervals. You don’t want to burn the chocolate. Make sure to melt in intervals and stir after each one.
- Crushing the cookies. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a ziploc bag. Seal and crush with a rolling pin.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature.
The most common is rice chex cereal or corn chex cereal. You can use what you prefer.
More Snack Mix Recipes:
I am so excited for you to make Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies. Please leave a comment once you do.
Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies
- Divide the Chex mix evenly into 2 large mixing bowls (3 cups each).
- Crush 10 Oreo Cookies in a food process until they are fine crumbs. Place the remaining Oreos in a ziplock bag and gently crush into large pieces.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and half of the finely crushed Oreos into 2 large ziplock bags. Set aside.
- Place the white chocolate chips and half of the vegetable oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until fully melted.
- Follow the same process with the milk chocolate chips.
- Pour the melted white chocolate chips over one bowl of the cereal. Stir until coated with the melted chocolate.
- Follow the same process with the melted milk chocolate chips and the other bowl of cereal.
- Pour them separately each into prepared ziplock bags. Seal and shake until the cereal is coated.
- Spread them both onto a cookie sheet. Gently stir together and mix in the large pieces of Oreos.
- Let the chocolate set and then the muddy buddies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe