You might be surprised that Cream Cheese pound cake recipe only calls for 8 ingredients. It is so easy to make and turns out wonderful. The cream cheese makes it rich and delicious.
Cream Cheese pound cake recipe
Don’t let the idea of making homemade cream cheese pound cake intimidate you. This recipe uses pantry staples that you likely already have. The entire pound cake is effortless and anyone can make this.
I recently make this easy pound cake recipe and wanted to try a cream cheese variation.
The results? Everyone absolutely loved it! It was the perfect pound cake.
The cream cheese gives it such a soft texture and each bite is really yummy.
What does cream cheese pound cake taste like?
Pound cake typically is a heavy cake. The addition of cream cheese lightens the recipe. The batter bakes into a light and fluffy cake thanks to the cream cheese.
It changes the texture and lightens the cake significantly. It tastes rich and delicious from the cream cheese. You get all the flavors of traditional pound cake with a twist.
The cake will be slightly more moist than a classic pound cake due to the cream cheese.
What is the secret to a good pound cake?
- Don’t over bake. This will result in a dry pound cake.
- Good quality ingredients. In order to achieve a good pound cake, you need to use high quality ingredients. Use real butter and not margarine.
- Room temperature ingredients. Allow butter, eggs and cream cheese to sit at room temperature before combining.
- Don’t overmix the batter. The texture will not be consistent with pound cake and become doughy.
- Full fat ingredients. Do not use reduced fat or fat free cream cheese.
- Correct measuring. Ensure that you measure the flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup (not scooping the flour).
By utilizing these simple tips, the pound cake will turn out perfectly every single time. It is not hard to make a pound cake. The instructions just need to be followed precisely to ensure the best results.
- Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- Full Fat Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs, room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
How to make a cream cheese pound cake:
- Preheat the oven. Set the oven to 325 degrees F. Then grease and flour a 10-12 cup bundt pan.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese. Use a hand held mixer or stand up mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar to the mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowls and then add in the sugar and beat for approximately 3-4 more minutes until well combined.
- Mix in the eggs. Then on a low speed, add in the eggs one at a time until all of the eggs have been added. Then mix in the vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add the flour. Add in the flour to the bowl gradually and mix on medium speed until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into a pan. Then pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 75-90 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake at least 1 inch from the edge of the pan comes out clean. It should be golden brown.
- Let the cake cool. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes to invert the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy. Once cool, slice, serve and enjoy this dessert.
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
We love this recipe just the way it is but toppings are a tasty idea too when serving. It is really served as Strawberry Shortcake. You can cube the cake and make a trifle or serve as slices.
This pound cake is amazing.
How to store:
Store any leftover cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. The cake also be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze this recipe. See Can You Freeze Pound Cake.
What type of pan to use?
We used a traditional bundt cake pan. If you do not have one, you can use a tube pan or even a loaf pan.
Just keep in mind that changing the type of pan will also vary the cooking time. Tube pans and loaf pans usually take less time to cook.
Can you freeze pound cake?
Yes, pound cake freezes well. Allow it to cool completely before freezing. Then wrap in plastic wrap.
Place inside an airtight container and freeze up to 4 months. It can actually be frozen longer. However, for best quality I would not exceed 4 months.
You can freeze pound cake in slices or freeze the entire cake. Either method is fine. I prefer to freeze it in slices so it’s easy to enjoy.
When ready to serve, allow to thaw and enjoy.
How to prevent a pound cake doesn’t stick:
Make sure that you thoroughly grease and flour the bundt pan or tube pan prior to adding the batter. Also, allow the proper cooling time before removing from the pan once baked.
You also do not want to allow it to stay in the pan too long. The longer it stays in the pan, the cake will become damp and start to stick.
It is crucial to remove during the set amount of time. You will have a mess trying to remove the cake if left too long.
Pound cake with cream cheese is delicious.
This cake is easy to make and turns out so sweet and delicious. Each slice is a real treat and so moist.
You can enjoy it plain or with any toppings you prefer. It is very simple to make but sure to impress a crowd.
Make this today and see for yourself how simple it is. It is the perfect dessert for your next potluck, holiday or birthday celebration.
Please leave a comment once you try it and let us know how it turned out. I think it will be a big hit with the entire family.
Print this Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe below:
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Then grease and flour a 10-12 cup bundt pan.
- Use a hand held mixer or stand up mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowls and then add in the sugar and beat for approximately 3-4 more minutes until well combined. Then on a low speed, add in the eggs one at a time until all of the eggs have been added.
- Then mix in the vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the flour to the bowl gradually and mix on medium speed until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Then pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 75-90 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the cake at least 1 inch from the edge of the pan comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes to invert the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe