If you love lemon, this Lemon Brownies Recipe is a must try. Each bite is packed with lemon flavor and a delicious lemon glaze on top. It’s so easy and everyone will love it.
Easy Lemon Brownies Recipe:
This recipe is full of lemon flavor. It is a dream come true for lemon fans. Not to mention that glaze on top. This is the best recipe for lemon brownies.
These lemon brownies are soft and thick but full of tart flavor. These brownies are quick and easy to make and the perfect summertime treat. Homemade brownies are made from scratch and topped with the best lemon glaze.
If you love lemon desserts as much as my family, these are the ones to make. These lemon brownies are perfect for a pot luck or BBQ’s.
Ingredients For Lemon Brownies:
- Salted Butter – softened at room temperature
- Lemon Zest
- Large Eggs
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
Ingredients For the Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
These are all simple ingredients that are easy to find. You will love how easy this is and how delicious it turns out.
How to Make Lemon Brownies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven and prepare baking dish – First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, spray an 8X8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Beat Ingredients – Second, use a mixer and beat together the butter, sugar, lemon juice and zest for the brownies. Make sure this is well combined and then add in the eggs and lemon juice.
- Step 3 – Blend with Mixer – I love my stand Mixer but you can use a handheld mixer if you prefer. Blend until everything is mixed together really good.
- Step 4 – Mix in dry ingredients – Next, stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Do this part by hand and mix until just combined with the other ingredients.
- Step 5 – Pour into baking dish – Finally, pour the brownie batter into the baking pan and bake. It normally takes about 20 to 25 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Once they our out of the oven, set aside so they can cool at room temperature.
How to Make Glaze for Lemon Brownies:
- Step 1 – Combine Glaze Ingredients – Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients. Once the brownies are completely cooled, pour the glaze over the top of the brownies.
- Step 2 – Top the Brownie – That is all you do. Slice and enjoy these brownies.
What is the Difference between Lemon Brownies and Lemon bars?
Lemon desserts are my favorite. I love both lemon brownies and lemon bars but the main difference is that lemon brownies do not have a crust. It is dense and fudgy and usually tops with a glaze.
Lemon bars have a buttery crust with a lemon filling. You are going to want to make both desserts.
What to the Best Way to Cut Brownies?
- Cool Brownies Completely – The brownies need to cool completely before slicing them.
- Knife – Begin cutting the brownie, cleaning the knife with each slice. We like to cut into medium size squares. We also like to use a plastic knife to cut the brownies.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to scoop out brownie and serve.
- Baking Dish – We recommend preparing the baking dish by spraying with cooking spray. This helps to remove the brownies easily and easy to cleanup. You can also line pan with parchment paper.
- Mixing Brownie – Don’t over mix the brownie batter. Just mix until the brownie mix is combined.
- Baking Brownies – Be careful to not over bake the brownies. We like the soft center so we like to use the toothpick to check if done.
- Ingredients – When we are mixing the ingredients, it is best if the eggs and butter are at room temperature. The ingredients mix together easily.
- Cookie Tray – We love making these brownies for many occasions. They are perfect for the holidays, cookie exchange parties and even on your holiday dessert trays.
- Double Recipe – You are going to want to double the recipe. If you do, bake the brownies in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Lemons – Choose lemons that are bright in color, firm, and heavy. You may need to heat the lemons in the microwave to easily juice the lemon.
- Cool Completely – To easily cut the brownies we recommend that you cool the brownies completely.
- Add in Blueberry – For a blueberry and lemon flavor brownie, mix in fresh blueberries.
- Shredded Coconut – If you love a tropical flavor brownie, mix in ¾ cup of shredded coconut. It is the best combination.
- Strawberry – Strawberry and lemon is a delicious combination so mix in ½ cup of fresh strawberries.
- White Chocolate Chips – For added texture and color, mix in some white chocolate chips.
- Vanilla Extract – Add in a teaspoon of vanilla to the brownie mix for added flavor.
What is the Secret to Good Brownies?
The secret to good brownies is using quality and in date ingredients. When using quality ingredients allows the brownies to rise properly. It also helps sift the flour with the dry ingredients.
How to Store:
Store the Lemon Brownies in an container covered with plastic wrap. You can leave them on the counter or store them in the refrigerator. These brownies will last about a week.
Can you Freeze Lemon Brownies?
Lemon brownies can be placed in the freezer. Make sure to store in an air tight freezer container. These lemon brownies will last about 3 months in the freezer.
When you are ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Why we Love these Lemon Brownies:
- Simple Ingredients – Making these lemon brownies from scratch so easy. They are pantry ingredients and I usually only have to get a lemon to make these brownies.
- Easy To Make – These brownies take less than 10 minute to make. This makes it when you have need to make a last minute dessert.
- Full of Flavor – These brownies are full of lemon juice flavor which has a bright, citrus flavor.
Print Recipe for Lemon Brownies:
Easy Lemon Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8X8 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Beat together the butter, sugar and lemon zest for the brownies together with a hand held mixer or a stand up mixer until well combined. Then add in the eggs and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Then stir in the flour, baking powder and salt by hand and mix until just combined with the other ingredients.
- Pour the brownie batter into the 8X8 baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Let the brownies cool at room temperature.
- Then whisk together the glaze ingredients. Once the browniess are completely cooled, pour the glaze over the top of the brownies.
- Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe