Enjoy light and refreshing Homemade Lime Popsicles when you make this simple recipe. It is the perfect summer time treat and the entire family will enjoy them. Skip the store bought popsicles and make this instead.
Lime Popsicles are Super Easy:
Popsicles are always a good idea. There is something so refreshing about enjoying a popsicle in the warmer months. They beat the heat and satisfy that sweet tooth. It doesn’t get any better than these light and delicious popsicles.
These homemade lime popsicles are so amazing and you will be pleasantly surprised just how simple they really are. Once you see how easy and delicious they are, you won’t buy the boxes at the grocery store anymore.
You will love how these taste. Another idea is to try lemon for another fun and tasty idea. Just substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.
Let’s get started making these popsicles.
Easy Lemon Lime Popsicles:
You only need a few minutes to make these and they are really going to be a hit. My kiddos gobble these popsicles up. I love them just as much. This is definitely a treat the entire family can enjoy.
This frozen treat only requires three ingredients. You will love how simple they are to make. Enjoy these lime ice pops on a hot summer day while sitting by the pool.
- Fresh Lime Juice – fresh is best but you can use bottled lime juice in a pinch.
- Optional: Lime Zest. This not required but it makes it looks so pretty.
How to Make Lime Popsicles:
- Step 1 – Simmer Water and sugar – First, use a small pan and add the water to it. This will need to come to a simmer and then add the sugar. Whisk this until it is completely dissolved.
- Step 2 – Let simple syrup cool – Second, remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- Step 3 – Add fresh squeezed lime juice – Next, add the fresh lime juice and mix until everything is well blended. If you are using lime zest, go ahead and add it to the mixture.
- Step 4 – Pour into molds – Pour the mixture to the popsicle molds and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Step 5 – Freeze then enjoy – Finally, freeze overnight or at least 5 hours.
Supplies for Homemade Popsicle Recipes:
- Ozera Ice Pop Molds Maker, Set of 6, GreenI love the star shapes of these. They have several types to choose from.
- Norpro 431 4-Piece Silicone Ice Pop Maker SetThese are great because you can toss them in the freezer easily. Use them to make go yogurts and things. They are also great to freeze applesauce in.
- Adult Popsicles – If you are having an adult only party add in some alcohol. You can easily add rum or tequila and salt for a flavorful popsicle.
- Add other Fruit – Feel free to add in other fruit. We recommend strawberries or mangos for a delicious variation.
- Lemon – Lemon and lime popsicles are always a family favorite.
- Honey – You can substitute the sugar for honey for an easy swap.
Tips for Lime Flavored Popsicles:
- Removing the Mold – Easily remove the popsicle from the mold by running warm water over the mold. Only run water over briefly so it doesn’t melt the popsicle.
- Sugar Water – Simmer sugar water until the sugar is dissolved into the water. This creates the simple syrup to make the popsicle.
- Filling the Molds – Make sure to not to overfill the popsicle molds. While the popsicles are freezing they will expand some in the molds.
- Freezing Popsicles – We recommend making the popsicles and allowing them to freeze overnight.
- Fresh Lime Juice – For the best flavored lime popsicles, we recommend using fresh lime juice.
How to Store:
We recommend storing these popsicles in the freezer while in the mold. I like to prepare the popsicles and let them freeze overnight. They will last about a month in the freezer.
How Long will Homemade Popsicles last:
These popsicles will last up to a month stored properly in the freezer. Make sure they are covered so they stay fresh and without freezer burn.
You can either leave them in the mold or remove each one and place in a freezer bag.
I prefer to store them in bags because they are easier to grab and go. You don’t have to try to remove from the mold each time you want one.
Print this lime popsicle recipe below:
Homemade Lime Popsicles
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Optional: lime zest
- In a small pan, bring water to a simmer and whisk in sugar until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Stir in fresh lime juice until fully incorporated.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the popsicle mold.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy popsicle recipes:
- Root Beer Popsicle
- Homemade Lemon Popsicles Recipe
- The BEST Homemade Watermelon Popsicles
- Mango Popsicles Recipe
- Homemade Orange Creamsicle Popsicle Recipe