Keto chocolate frosting recipe is keto friendly and delicious. Now you can enjoy your favorite keto dessert with this amazing keto chocolate frosting.
Keto Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
We love frosting around here. Now, we can enjoy amazing chocolate frosting that is keto friendly without any guilt. Yeah!
Keto baked goods just got a lot better thanks to this tasty keto chocolate buttercream frosting. Each bite is so decadent and amazing that even my sugar loving family enjoyed it.
It is seriously so good! We also have a Keto Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe that is so decadent.
The Best Keto Frosting:
You are going to be amazed at how good this chocolate frosting is. It is actually sweet even though we are using a keto friendly sugar. This low carb, sugar free frosting is the best you will ever have.
The hardest part is trying to figure out what to put the frosting on. I have been known to just eat a spoonful. I love that the ingredients are simple and the process is easy to follow.
Why add Cream Cheese?
We like using cream cheese rather we are cooking our favorite low carb recipes or making these easy keto chocolate frosting. It is low carb and high in fat. It is also a budget friendly option when making frosting.
When you make a frosting it is usually loaded with powdered sugar and butter. Low carb ingredients can get expensive and they give your frosting an aftertaste. That is why we choose cream cheese. We like to think of it as a secret ingredient.
Ingredients for Keto Chocolate Frosting:
- Unsweetened Chocolate Chopped
- Coconut Oil
- Butter – softened
- Cream Cheese – softened
- Powdered Kept Friendly Sweetener (like swerve)
- Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Room Temperature
How to make Keto Chocolate Frosting:
- Melt Chocolate and Coconut Oil – First, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Let Chocolate Cool – Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Mix Ingredients – Next, in a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in the powdered sweetener and the cocoa powder until well combined. (Powdered erythritol is a keto sweetener option.)
- Mix Chocolate and Vanilla – Add the chocolate and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. The mixture will be very thick at this point.
- Add Heavy Cream – Add the cream a few tablespoons at a time until a spreadable consistency is achieved. (How much cream you need depends on the other ingredients…certain brands will require more cream).
- Add your Frosting to your favorite cakes – Pipe or spread on your favorite kept friendly cake/cupcakes.
Is Frosting Keto?
If you use the right ingredients, then this chocolate frosting is low carb and keto. Most other frosting are full of sugar so therefore they are not keto friendly.
Traditionally, frosting is full of powdered sugar which is not low carb or sugar fee. Using keto friendly powdered sugar, you make your favorite frosting without having all the sugary.
The frosting is still sweet, quick and easy to make. I never leave a cake unfrosted again.
How to make the frosting thinner or thicker?
When you are using your frosting to decorate cake or cupcakes you want your frosting a certain consistency. It also needs to be able to go through the piping bags.
- Make Thicker – If you need to make the frosting thicker, add in more cocoa powder and powdered sugar about a teaspoon at a time. Adding slowly gets the consistency that you desire.
- Make Thinner – To make it thinner, add in about a teaspoon of creamer. Make sure to slowly add this in to get the right consistency.
How to use Sugar-Free Chocolate Frosting?
Oh the ideas are endless to use this frosting. It is so easy to make and really delicious. The best part is that it is Keto.
This amazing frosting takes your keto recipe to the next level. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top if you want.
This frosting recipe makes about 3-4 cups of frosting. It is the perfect amount of you are frosting 2 9-inch cakes. You may want to half the recipe if you are frosting single layer cake or cupcakes.
The nutritional fact will vary but one serving of this keto sugar fee frosting is about 1 net carb. Which fits perfectly where you are trying to do low carb or just trying to lower you sugar in take. This keto frosting is also gluten free.
You will need a mixer in order to make this frosting recipe. We use our kitchen stand mixer all the time. If you love baking, I highly recommend that you get one. It’s so nice to be able to set it up and then just forget about it while it’s blending the ingredients together for you!
You can also use a hand held mixer. A hand mixer will work as well to whip the ingredients in this recipe to make the chocolate frosting.
Use what you prefer but I do think an electric mixer of some kind is best to make this recipe.
Great on a Keto Chocolate Cake:
Whether you are making keto chocolate cupcakes almond flour or keto chocolate ganache, there is lots of chocolate flavor to enjoy. You can even try your hand at keto frosting without cream cheese and try using peanut butter.
One of the keys to all of this is finding the powder sweetener you like the best. Everyone’s tastes do vary.
Either way, this is a great frosting recipe and sure to be a hit. Give it a try today.
Can you freeze Keto Frosting?
Yes, you can freeze Keto Frosting. If you are planning on not using the frosting within a week of making it, you can freeze it. Place in a freezer safe container and it will last about 2 months in the freezer.
How long will Keto Frosting last?
If you store your Keto Frosting properly, it will last about a week in the refrigerator. It would be great to make ahead of time if you are planning on making a cake.
How to Store Keto Chocolate Frosting:
Store your Keto Chocolate Frosting in the refrigerator. The frosting will get hard in the refrigerator but when you are ready to serve, just set it out on the counter.
Give it a quick stir and your frosting will fluff up again.
Print this keto chocolate frosting swerve recipe below:
Keto chocolate buttercream (frosting)
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coconut oil. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth. Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in the powdered sweetener and the cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla extract and beat until smooth. The mixture will be very thick at this point.
- Add the cream a few tablespoons at a time until a spreadable consistency is achieved. (How much cream you need depends on the other ingredients…certain brands will require more cream).
- Pipe or spread on your favorite kept friendly cake/cupcakes.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe