Keto chocolate cake recipe is a chocolate lovers dream. Enjoy decadent chocolate cake that is keto friendly for an amazing treat without guilt.
Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
Are you on the keto diet or eating low carb and missing cake? We have the answer with this delicious Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe!
You will be amazed that this cake is low carb. This cake is so decadent and loaded with lots of chocolate.
From the chocolate layers to the chocolate frosting, it is one of the best desserts and totally keto friendly. Whether you want a treat just because or need a keto friendly birthday cake, this cake is a must try!
Sugar Free Chocolate Cake Recipe:
For a sugar free chocolate cake, this one is the best. My friends and family are always impressed that this cake is low in net carbs and is sugar free. If you follow a Keto Lifestyle, you probably already have all the ingredients.
All the ingredients are mixed together in one bowl to make this rich, decadent chocolate cake. I make this cake for any occasion. This cake is a must try and I am sure you will impress everyone that trys it.
What is a Keto Cake Made of?
It is hard to believe that this decadent cake that is so beautiful and chocolaty cake is actually Keto. The key to the Keto Chocolate Cake is the almond flour and the sugar that is used.
You will be amazed that this chocolate fits into the Keto lifestyle and being low carb.
Ingredients for Low Carb Chocolate Cake:
- Almond Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Erythritol or Regular Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How to make Keto Chocolate Cake:
- Ingredients are for one layer cake – This is for one layer – double the recipe if you want a two layer cake.
- Prepare Oven and Pan – Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 inch pan.
- Mix together ingredients – Stir dry ingredients together very well, then mix in the wet ingredients. If you use baking soda instead of baking powder, add in a 2 more teaspoons.
- Add in Vanilla Extract – After mixing together ingredients, add in vanilla extract.
- Add cake batter to prepared pan – If needed, use a sheet of parchment to smooth down.
- Bake Cake – Bake 14 minutes on the center rack.
- Cool then frost cake – Let cool completely before frosting.
- Serve and Enjoy – You can top with fresh fruit and enjoy. Slice cake in narrow pieces since the cake is rich in flavor.
Can you use Cocoa on Keto?
Yes, you can use cocoa within the Keto Diet. Cocoa Powder is low in carbs and a great way to add this chocolate ingredient to your favorite dessert.
Make sure to always check the label to ensure that it is sugar free and unsweetened.
Keto Chocolate Frosting is a Must:
This is optional but what is cake without frosting!? :You definitely want to make this tasty keto chocolate frosting recipe.
It is so rich and decadent that even your non keto family members will love it. It really is so simple to make and tastes amazing.
Also, you certainly can use a hand mixer but we love our stand mixer. It gets a ton of use and to this day is such a good investment.
We bake a lot so it is so handy and we love our mixer. It will really help to make the cake and frosting even easier.
Keto Frosting Ideas:
- Make enough cake frosting – Since this cake is very decadent and rich in flavor and we love icing, we usually try to make enough to cover the side and a little on the top.
- Icing Spatula – To evenly spread the frosting on the cake, use a icing spatula. It helps to prevent sticking and it just makes it easier to spread.
- Place your cake on a Cake Stand – We love placing the chocolate cake on a cake stand. It is great for ease of frosting the cake and it makes for a beautiful presentation of the cake.
- Frosting the Cake – If you are doing a double layer cake, place the bottom layer on the cake pan and frost the top. Then place the top layer on the cake and frost the top. Then finish with frosting the sides.
Flourless Chocolate Cake Tips:
- Double the Recipe – This recipe is for one layer. If you want a layer cake like in the pictures, double the recipe to get 2 layers.
- Grease the Pan – Make sure to grease the 8-inch pans and line with parchment paper. I even grease the parchment paper to make sure the cake doesn’t stick.
- Don’t Overbake – When baking your cake, make sure not over bake. Insert toothpick in the center of cake. When it comes out clean the cake is done.
- Cool Completely – Before frosting cake, make sure to let it cool completely.
How to Serve Keto Chocolate Cake:
This cake is rich in flavor, we love to balance it out with a scoop of keto friendly vanilla ice cream. You can even add a side of fruit.
To be honest, my favorite way to enjoy this cake is a slice in the morning with my coffee. It is delicious and it makes a for a great way to start my day.
Can you use Regular Sugar?
You can use regular sugar for this cake, but it would be higher in carbs and would not follow the Keto Diet.
Powder Erythritol is a good substitution for sugar and it can be replaced with same amounts in most recipe. It also doesn’t give that bitter after taste that a lot of sugar substitutes do.
When selecting a keto sweetener, make sure to check ingredients to make sure it stays within your low carb diet. It could change the net carb count if the sweetener contains any added ingredients.
This is the Best Keto Chocolate Cake!
I think everyone needs a good layer keto cake recipe and now you can enjoy one on the keto diet. This recipe for keto chocolate cake is so amazing, gluten free and does not disappoint.
Just make sure to cool completely before frosting the cake. It really is so rich and decadent. I love to enjoy a slice with a cup of almond milk.
This keto friendly cake recipe is one of the best keto dessert recipes and so delicious. The recipe is so easy to make and the ingredients are simple.
Make sure you put it on a pretty cake stand so everyone can see your gorgeous cake. Especially if you are doing Keto Birthday Cake.
Keto Chocolate Cake Variation:
- Powdered Sugar – If you prefer to not frost the cake, you can dust the top with keto friendly powdered sugar and top with fruit.
- Chocolate Chips – Mix in sugar free chocolate chips to the batter. We love the extra chocolate it gives the cake.
- Add in Chopped Nuts – We love mixing in unsalted pecans for an extra crunch to this recipe.
- Dairy Free Option – If you prefer, you can use coconut oil instead of butter. You can even get buttery flavor coconut oil.
- Coconut Milk – You can use coconut milk instead of cream for a good substitution.
Understanding the Keto Diet:
First of all, I know it can seem overwhelming initially. However, once you understand the Keto lifestyle it is very simple.
It’s a lot to take in but basically the ketogenic diet is a diet high in fat with healthy fats for weight loss. The diet calls for a lot of nut butters, peanut butter and low or no net carb snacks called fat bombs.
Plus, weight loss is fairly easy while also filling full and satisfied. This is a key component as to why it works for so many.
Can I use Coconut Flour instead of Almond Flour?
We do not recommend using coconut flour instead of Almond Flour. It would require you to change several of the ingredients because Coconut Flour is so absorbent.
Is Almond Meal okay to use?
When preparing this cake, it best to stick with ground almond flour. Almond Flour makes the cake moist and fluffy. Almond Meal is just not a good substitute for almond flour for this recipe.
How to Store Leftovers:
This Keto Chocolate Cake is great stored at room temperature. You can also place in the refrigerator covered. The cake will stay good for up to 3-4 days.
Can you Freeze Keto Chocolate Cake?
Yes, you can freeze this almond flour cake. If stored properly the chocolate cake will stay good for up to 3 to 4 months.
We recommend freezing it without the frosting. If you are doing a two cake layer, wrap the layers separately in plastic wrap and then foil once cake has cooled. Then stack the layers and freezer.
If you prefer, you can freeze a frosted cake. After frosting the cake, the frosting is sticky and you can’t wrap it until it has reached room temperature.
For a safe way to freeze your assembled cake, make room for the cake in the freezer. Place cake in the freezer uncovered and keep it in there for about 3 to 4 hours. Once the cake is slightly frozen, then you are able to wrap it properly and store in the freezer.
Print this Keto friendly Chocolate Cake Recipe below:
Keto Chocolate Cake
- This is for one layer – double the recipe if you want a two layer cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8 inch pan.
- Stir all ingredients together very well, then spread into the pan.
- If needed, use a sheet of parchment to smooth down. Bake 14 minutes on the center rack.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe