Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe is so simple to make and tastes amazing. This peanut brittle recipe without a candy thermometer is easy and so delicious.
Skip the store-bought stuff and make easy Peanut Brittle at home for a fraction of the price. This recipe for microwave peanut brittle is easy to make and so tasty.
Table of Contents
What is Peanut Brittle?
Peanut Brittle is a smooth hard candy that is loaded with peanuts, almonds or pecans. It can be cooked on the stovetop or microwave to make a delicious hard candy.
Once the ingredients are combined and melted, the mixture is poured onto a baking sheet to cool. Once it is hardened it is then broken into pieces to make Peanut Brittle.
Everyone loves to receive this as a gift during the holidays.
Ingredients for Microwave Peanut Brittle:
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Corn Syrup
- Unsalted Roasted Raw Peanuts
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
Scroll to the bottom of the post and find the complete ingredient list in the recipe card.
- Chocolate Chips – You can top the peanut brittle with chocolate chips. We recommend adding as soon as it is spread over the baking sheets and let it melt.
- Change the Nuts – Try using slice almonds, cashews, walnuts or pecans for a different flavor.
- Drizzle with Chocolate or Caramel – You can drizzle the top of the peanut clusters with chocolate or caramel.
How to Make Peanut Brittle in the Microwave:
- Step 1. Prepare Baking Sheet – First, generously butter a cookie sheet.
Step 2. Combine Corn Syrup and Sugar – Next, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar. Then added in corn syrup with a spoon and microwaves. Note that microwaves do vary.
Step 3. Add Peanuts and Salt to Mixture – Stir in peanuts and salt and continue to microwave.
Step 4. Stir in Butter and Vanilla – Mix in butter and vanilla extract, stirring until butter is melted. Microwave on HIGH and bring to a boil. Watch for a golden brown color near the end.
Step 5. Mix in Baking Soda – Last, stir in the baking soda (mixture will become light and foamy). Air bubbles will form in the peanut brittle mixture.
Step 6. Pour onto Baking Sheet – Remove from heat using oven mitts and pour the mixture.
Step 7. Lightly spread the mixture out onto prepared pan with a silicone spatula.
Step 8. Cool and Break into Pieces – Don’t over spread and move quickly. Allow to cool at room temperature then break into pieces once set.
Step 9. Serve and Enjoy – Enjoy this classic holiday treat or give as gifts.
- Baking Sheet – Make sure that your baking sheet has sides. You can use a cookie sheet as long as it has sides. But you don’t want the mixture pouring off the edges as it will make a big mess.
- Line Baking Sheet – It will be one sticky mess to clean up so make sure to use a rimmed baking sheet. I also like to use parchment paper to line the baking sheet with.
- Butter Pan – You can also butter pan to prevent the peanut brittle from sticking.
- Spreading Mixture – You can lightly spread the mixture but, we recommend letting the mixture spread on its own.
- Cool Completely – Let peanut brittle cool completely before baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sugar, corn syrup, peanuts and more come together to make this tasty peanut brittle microwave recipe. It is a family favorite around here and you will love it!
Baking soda combines with the sugar syrup to give peanut brittle the texture it is known for. Peanut Brittle is very delicate and gets this texture from the combination of baking soda and sugar syrup.
Peanut Brittle can become chewy if refrigerated. I would not refrigerate peanut brittle because it will lose its crunch and soften the brittle over time.
It is best at room temperature. You want to store the peanut brittle an airtight container to make the homemade peanut brittle last the longest.
This will keep it nice and crispy.
Microwave Peanut Brittle is a great candy to make as it is easy to store. Store at room temperature and it will last about 2 months.
More Holiday Candy Recipes:
Make this easy peanut brittle recipe today and come back to leave a star recipe rating!
MICROWAVE PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE
- Generously butter a cookie sheet. In a 2-quart (8 cup) glass mixing bowl, using a spoon, stir together granulated sugar and corn syrup. Microwave mixture on HIGH power 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts and salt, microwave on HIGH power 3 ½ minutes.
- Mix in butter and vanilla extract, stirring until butter is melted. Microwave on HIGH power 1 ½ minutes.Cook times may vary slightly depending on microwave wattage. Watch for a golden brown color near the end.
- Stir in baking soda (mixture will become fluffy and foamy). Pour and and lightly spread out onto prepared baking sheet. Don’t over spread and move quickly
- Allow to cool at room temperature then break into pieces once set.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe