No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars combine creamy peanut butter and chocolate into one luscious treat. If you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, then you are going to love these peanut butter and chocolate bars.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars:
Our entire family loves anything with chocolate and peanut butter. It is the best combination and these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars do not disappoint.
Each bite is just heavenly and melts in your mouth. We make these year round because they are just so amazing. They are perfect for parties, game day, holidays, cookouts and more!
Basically, we look for any excuse to make this peanut butter bars recipe. They are super easy to make and the perfect no bake treat for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Bars:
You are going to love these bars because they are no bake dessert and you don’t even have to heat up your kitchen. They are not hard to make and inexpensive as well.You can cut these bars in whatever size you like.
If I am serving these at a party, I cut the squares a little smaller almost like fudge squares. A little goes a long way with these decadent treats.
If I am making the peanut butter bars for home, I cut them larger because I don’t need to serve a crowd. They really are so easy for any occasion!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layers:
The delicious layer of peanut butter just melts in your mouth and is so light and creamy. The chocolate on top is just the icing on the cake. It really takes this dessert to the next level.
If you love Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls, you are going to go crazy over this recipe for Peanut Butter Bars.
The best is that these chocolate peanut butter layers are made with only 5 staple ingredients. These are peanut butter lovers dream.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients:
- Salted Butter – Melted
- Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 8 full sheet graham crackers)
- Confectioners’ Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to make No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars:
- Prepare Baking Dish – Line an 8×8 square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Easy Clean Up – You definitely do not want to skip this step. The aluminum foil or parchment paper make clean up a breeze and also getting them out of the baking dish to cut. Once you have lined your pan, set the baking dish aside.
- Make the Graham Cracker Crust – Mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and confectioners’ sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Press crust into pan – Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter, then press evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Make Chocolate Layer – Melt remaining 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove. Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Pour on Peanut Butter Layer – After mixing the chocolate layer thoroughly, pour on peanut butter layer.
- Place in Refrigerator – Chill in the refrigerator until completely firm, at least 2 hours. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve chilled or a room temperature if you are serving for a party.
What can I substitute for the Graham Cracker Crumbs?
If you do not have graham crackers where you live here are some alternative to use for the graham cracker mixture.
- Crushed up Cookies
- Ice Cream Cones
Can I use Natural Peanut Butter?
No, we do not recommend using natural peanut butter. The best kind of peanut butter to use is the no-stir kind, like jif or skippy. If you use natural peanut butter the bars don’t set up fully.
Naturally peanut butter is to oil and separates easily.
Tips for Crushing the Graham Crackers:
I prefer the graham crackers to be crushed into fine crumbs as they mix easier. You can also crush the graham cracker sheets in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin.
- Change the Crust – Get creative on the crust. Crush up cookies, cereal or even pretzel to make an delicious crust.
- Add-ins – Mix in M&M’s or chopped nuts for an amazing chocolate peanut butter bar.
- Drizzle on Top – Drizzle the top of the bars with caramel or white chocolate. Or top with powdered sugar.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Bar Tips:
- Parchment Paper – Make sure to line baking pan with parchment paper. This allows you to remove the bars from the pan easily. It also makes it easy to cut the bars.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – When combining the graham cracker crumbs, slowly add in the ¼ cup of crumbs so that it mixes easily.
- Chill Bars – Always make sure to give time for the bars to chill. This allows the bars to set and it makes it easy to cut them.
How to Store:
The chocolate peanut butter are easy to store. Cover leftover bars tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Can you Freeze Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars?
Yes, you can freeze the bars by arranging the bars in an air tight container or freezer bar. Place parchment paper between the layers so they don’t stick.
The bars will stay good for up to 3 months. When you are ready to serve, just thaw in the refrigerator.
These freezing instructions are great if you want to make these bars ahead of time.
Print this easy recipe for peanut butter bars below:
Chocolate peanut butter bars (no bake)
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and confectioners’ sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter, then press evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Melt remaining 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove. Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator until completely firm, at least 2 hours. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve chilled. Setting them out for a few hours at room temperature for serving is OK.
- Cover leftover bars tightly and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try more peanut butter chocolate desserts:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Scotcheroos Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls