This super easy recipe for 2 ingredient chocolate peanut butter fudge is a keeper. You will be amazed how creamy and decadent this is for the best fudge recipe.
Fudge with just 2 ingredients is a winner in my book. I love fudge but rarely have time for complicated recipes. I make fudge every Christmas and this is easy enough to make year-round. From Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe to Tiger Butter Fudge Recipe, the ideas are endless for fudge.
This simple chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe takes just a few minutes in the microwave. The results are smooth and creamy fudge with a ton of flavor.
Why we love this recipe:
The next time the craving strikes for fudge, you can make this really easy 2 ingredient peanut butter fudge recipe without hardly any work.
You don’t need any special gadgets or candy thermometers. Just 2 simple ingredients and your microwave.
This is truly the easiest and creamiest fudge recipe ever.
- creamy peanut butter
- container of chocolate frosting. Traditional frosting and not whipped is best in this recipe.
Jump to the peanut butter cup recipe below with full instructions and ingredient list.
- Nut Butter. Peanut butter can be substituted with another type of nut butter.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter. Use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy for a different texture in the fudge. It will not be as smooth but gives it a new flavor in the peanut butter layer.
- Frosting. Substitute vanilla frosting for the chocolate frosting to make Peanut Butter fudge. This tastes so amazing.
- Nuts. Add nuts to the fudge mixture either on top or mixed in. Walnuts or pecans would be delicious in this recipe.
- Mix-ins. You can add candy or add-ins to change the flavor. Mini M&M’s, reece’s pieces, mini marshmallows and peanut butter chips would all be delicious.
- Extract. You can add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the fudge if you prefer.
- Topping. Sprinkle the top of the fudge with sprinkles, nuts or candy. Try different color sprinkles for holidays, birthday parties and special occasions during the year.
- Shapes. Use cookie cutters to cut the fudge into shapes instead of slicing into bars. You can do hearts, stars, Christmas trees or anything you like.
How to make chocolate peanut butter fudge
Step 1. First, you will need a microwave-safe bowl. Add the peanut butter and frosting together in the bowl and microwave for one minute.
Step 2. Next, stir the chocolate mixture until smooth. Place back in the microwave for another minute. Continue to stir until smooth.
Step 3. Finally, pour the fudge mixture into a baking dish. Don’t forget to line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Then you can easily just pull it out to cut into bars.
Step 4. Once it is in the square baking pan, smooth it out with a spatula. Put in the fridge until it hardens. It normally takes about an hour. Then remove the chocolate fudge from prepared pan and cut.
- If you prefer fudge to be harder, put in the freezer for 30 minutes. This should help it to harden.
- Fudge is best enjoyed at room temperature. I would suggest taking it out of the fridge a few minutes before serving.
- Don’t try to cut the fudge into squares too early. It needs time to set or it will be hard to cut and messy.
- Try using a plastic knife to cut the fudge into squares. It will give you nice clean lines. Make sure to wipe the knife with a napkin if any residue remains so all the slices will be clean.
- You can cut fudge into any size you prefer. It is so sweet and rich so a little goes a long way. I like to cut the fudge into very small pieces.
Place inside an airtight container in the fridge. I also like to use parchment paper in between the fudge to prevent it from sticking.
It will keep up to a week in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve this, allow the fudge to come to room temperature before eating.
Fudge can easily be frozen if you need to make this in advance. I love doing this for holidays, parties and more.
Just put the fudge inside an airtight container and put in the freezer. I also like to use the wax paper in between the layers when freezing.
You can freeze fudge up to 3 months in the freezer. It is best to let this thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to serve.
I often make extra to have some for the freezer. It is perfect when you need a last minute gift.
It is also really nice when you want a little something sweet. You can grab a few squares from the freezer.
Yes, you can freeze fudge. Check out Can You Freeze Fudge for more information on how easy it is to freeze fudge.
More easy fudge recipes:
Make this decadent fudge recipe today. Then leave a star recipe rating.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 jar peanut butter (16 oz.)
- 1 jar chocolate frosting (16 oz.)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and frosting together for one minute.
- Stir and heat for one more minute.
- Pour mixture into a prepared 9×9 glass baking pan. (I like to line my baking pan with foil or parchment paper)
- Smooth, then refrigerate fudge until hard.
- It will take About an hour.
- Remove from pan, and cut into bite size pieces
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe