Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies are amazing and the perfect recipe for peanut butter fans. Chocolate and peanut butter come together for a heavenly treat.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
We love chocolate around here and it’s even better with peanut butter. These Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies are so simple but each bite is decadent and so tasty.
I promise they do not disappoint. Once you try these, you will look for any excuse to make them. They are that good.
Anytime I mention to the kids that we are making these, they go crazy. Everyone loves peanut butter and chocolate together.
This is also a great recipe to let the kids help with. Everyone will have a blast making and getting to enjoy a delicious treat!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Desserts:
These peanut butter cookies are stuffed with a Reese’s Peanut Cup for an ultimate cookie. Anything with peanut butter is always a good idea. We also love Peanut Butter Cake Mix cookies.
From parties to movie night, this recipe for Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies will be the perfect cookie recipe to make. Everyone will absolutely love these!
Tips for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
- Cookie Scoops – We love to use cookie scoops to shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls. This makes it so quick and easy. If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops!
- Freeze Peanut Butter Cups – To prevent the peanut butter cups from falling apart, we recommend freezing them. Unwrap the peanut butter cups and place in the freezer.
- Refrigerate the dough – To help with scooping the dough, we recommend refrigerating the dough at least an hour.
- Do not overbake – Make sure to not overbake the cookies. They will continue to cook in the muffin pan when you remove it from the oven.
- Cookie Sheet – If you don’t have a muffing plan, a cookie sheet works great also.
- Grease Muffin Pan – Spray muffin pan with cooking spray to easily remove the cookies from the pan.
Muffin Pan Recommendation:
If you don’t have a mini-muffin pan, I highly suggest you get one. Recipes like this are so easy when you use a mini muffin pan.
It really helps to shape the cookies and they turn out so pretty.
We use these mini muffin pans for lots of recipes so they will definitely get a ton of use.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Butter, softened
- White Granulated Sugar
- Peanut Butter
- Packed Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cup
How to make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies:
- Prepare Oven – First, preheat oven to 350 to 375 degrees.
- Mix Dry Ingredients – Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix additional ingredients – Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk in a large bowl.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together – Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls and place each into a greased mini muffin tin (or use paper liners).
- Place dough in mini muffin pan – Now it is time to bake the cookies. It only takes a few minutes and you want to be careful to not over bake.
- Bake and then add Mini PB Cups – Remove baking sheet from oven. Immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball.
- Serve and Enjoy – Cool completely and carefully remove from pan.
Bite Size Peanut Butter Treats:
These bite size treats are so delicious and everyone will go crazy over these. The mini muffin tin is the perfect size for these cookies.
Each bite just melts in your mouth for the best dessert or snack. Chocolate and Peanut Butter is the ultimate dessert combination.
Can you make Peanut Butter dough ahead of time?
Yes, this is the perfect dough to make ahead of time. Simply prepare the dough and place in the refrigerator. The dough will stay good for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to prepare, take out of the refrigerator and wait about 30 minutes before baking.
- Try adding chocolate chips to the peanut butter cookie mixture.
- Peanut butter chips are also tasty in cookies.
- We used creamy peanut butter but you can try other variations. We recommend using Crunchy Peanut Butter.
- Try using White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.
- Instead of making peanut butter cookies, you can use peanut butter cookie dough.
- Use Hershey Chocolate Kisses.
- Rolo’s Candy is a great alternative.
- Mini Butterfingers or mini Snickers.
- Top with sprinkles for the holiday or party that you are celebrating.
How to Store:
Store leftover cookies in an air tight container. You can place in the refrigerator or keep them at room temperature.
Can you Freeze Peanut Butter Cup Cookies?
These peanut butter cup cookies freeze great. Place cookies in an freezer safe container or a zip lock freezer bag and place in the freezer. They cookies will stay fresh up to 3 months.
Print Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups Recipe:
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls and place each into a greased mini muffin tin (or use paper liners).
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Do not over bake! Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool completely and carefully remove from pan.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe