Homemade Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies have the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut butter blossoms are so creamy and sure to be a family favorite.
The decadent combination of peanut butter and chocolate is always a popular choice in our family. There is just something about those 2 flavors blended together.
These peanut butter kiss cookies are so easy and definitely satisfy that sweet tooth. Check out more Peanut Butter Desserts. We love making Cookie Recipes for many occasions. These classic peanut butter blossom cookies are always a family favorite.
Table of Contents
What are Peanut Butter Blossoms?
These are peanut butter cookies with a Hershey Kiss on top. Since the chocolate is larger than chocolate chips, it is easiest to put on top instead of mixed in.
Peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies is a classic cookie that we make every holiday.
- Peanut Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Hershey Kisses
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe in the recipe card.
- Try different types of Hershey Kisses. The ideas are endless and they make so many different types now of milk chocolate. Change things up and try white chocolate, birthday kisses or anything you like.
- Try different chocolate. This recipe is not limited to Hershey Kisses. You can use mini Reese’s peanut butter cups for even more peanut butter flavor.
- Roll in sanding sugar. For Christmas, it is fun to roll the dough balls in red and green sanding sugar before baking. You can choose any color for any occasion you are baking for.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – First, go ahead and preheat the oven. It needs to be set to 350. Although some prefer to preheat oven to 375, I think the cookies turn out better at 350 degrees. You can adjust according to your oven.
Step 2 – Second, mix the ½ cups peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Cream this together until it is well combined and smooth.
Step 3 – Then add the egg and vanilla. Beat this together with the peanut butter mixture.
Step 4 – Add the flour, baking soda and salt and whisk together.
Step 5 – Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Make sure to do this slowly and beat until blended well on medium speed with paddle attachment.
Step 6 – Now, it is time to roll the dough into balls. You want each ball to be 1-inch balls. Place on a ungreased cookie sheet several inches apart. Make an indentation in the each cookie dough ball. Then bake cookie dough.
Step 7 – As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, place a Hershey kiss candy in the center of each cookie. Allow cookie to cool on a cooling rack.
- Cream Peanut Butter – Use creamy peanut butter so that the cookies will be smooth. Crunchy peanut butter is not recommended in this recipe.
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to make the dough balls.
- Butter – Use real butter for rich and delicious cookies.
- You will need a good mixer. – Having a good mixer will help to make these cookies fast and easy. I have a Kitchen-aid stand Mixer that I use all the time for baking. If you prefer a hand mixer, this this Kitchen-aid hand held mixer works great as well.
- Make sure you have nice Baking Sheets. If they have started to turn brown on the bottom, your cookies will be dark on the bottom and not cook as well. It is worth it to make sure you have good cookie sheets before you start. I also like to use silicone baking mats because they cook so evenly and make clean up easy.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Use room temperature butter and eggs. It is important to allow these 2 ingredients to get to room temperature before mixing. This will help the cookies be the right consistency and not crumble once baked.
- Cookie Dough Consistency – If your dough is too firm, add a tiny bit of milk.
How to Store:
Store cookies inside an airtight container. I like to use parchment paper in between the cookie layers. Also, make sure to cool completely before storing.
They will last 3 to 5 days store at room temperature.
Can you Freeze?
Yes, these cookies freeze really well. Just put them inside an airtight container and freeze up to 3 months.
When you are ready to eat, allow the cookies to thaw until room temperature.
You can also freeze the uncooked dough if you prefer that method. Just roll into balls and freeze in freezer bags or containers. This can be stored in the freezer up to 3 months and then bake as normal.
Note that the cooking time may need to be increased a few minutes since frozen.
More Christmas Cookies:
More Peanut Butter Desserts:
- Peanut Butter Fluff Recipe
- Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this peanut butter kiss cookies recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Homemade peanut butter kiss cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat together.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Roll into 24 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe