Homemade pumpkin ice cream recipe is rich and creamy. The pumpkin mixture is wonderful and you don’t need an ice cream maker. This no churn pumpkin pie ice cream comes together without much work.
Homemade pumpkin ice cream recipe
Pumpkin fans will go crazy over this easy recipe for homemade ice cream. It is packed with pumpkin flavor and so delicious.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised just how easy it is to make. Give it a try. If you love pumpkin recipes, as much as we do then this is the recipe to make.
Check out this other delicious pumpkin dessert – Pumpkin Delight Recipe.
What does pumpkin ice cream taste like?
Each bite is creamy and tastes like eating homemade pumpkin pie but in ice cream. The heavy cream makes it so light and fluffy. This recipe is heaven for pumpkin fans.
This must try recipe is easy to make and the results are absolutely fabulous for any time of year.
Why we love this recipe:
- There isn’t any egg mixture. You won’t find any egg yolks in this simple Pumpkin Spice ice cream recipe.
- No ice cream maker needed. No churning ice cream to make this super easy homemade ice cream.
- It tastes amazing. The pumpkin flavor is just perfect in this delicious recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Heavy Whipping Cream, chilled
- Pumpkin purée
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How to make pumpkin ice cream:
- Beat the heavy cream. With a stand up mixer or hand held mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until the cream is whipped and can form soft peaks.
- Mix the remaining ingredients. In a separate bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine everything. Then gently fold the sweetened condensed milk into the heavy whipping cream until the mixture is fully combined and smooth.
- Freeze the mixture. Spread the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Serve and enjoy the ice cream! It tastes amazing for an instant hit.
How long will homemade ice cream last:
The ice cream will keep covered in the freezer for up to 1 month. Use a freezer safe container to store the ice cream.
I recommend placing a piece of parchment paper directly on top of the ice cream. While optional, this extra step greatly reduces ice crystals from forming on the ice cream.
Pumpkin Spice Ice cream tips
- Chill the bowl and beaters. I place my mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before whipping the cream to help whip it quicker.
- Cold ingredients. Use cold ingredients to make this ice cream. You do not want the cream to be at room temperature because it will take longer to freeze.
Pumpkin Ice Cream Mix ins:
- Marshmallows. Add a handful of mini marshmallows for a fun twist.
- White chocolate chips. Toss in some white chocolate chips for a decadent mix in.
- Regular Chocolate Chips. Use regular or dark chocolate for a great combination with the pumpkin.
- Nuts. Chopped pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts would taste fabulous with this ice cream.
- Graham Crackers. Crumble graham crackers into the ice cream to make it really taste like pumpkin pie.
- Gingersnap Cookies. Chop these cookies into small pieces and blend into the ice cream. Any type of spiced cookie will be delicious with the pumpkin flavor.
- Pound Cake or Pumpkin Cake. Toss in cubes of cake for a really decadent ice cream treat.
This base recipe for Pumpkin Ice Cream is easy to change for new flavors or mix ins. Any of these would taste great with the Pumpkin flavor.
You might even want to add a couple of these for a loaded Pumpkin Ice Cream. I bet it would be amazing.
More Pumpkin Desserts
More no churn ice cream recipes:
- Homemade peach ice cream
- Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- Caramel Pecan Praline Ice Cream Recipe
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Kool Aid Ice Cream
- Pecan Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions:
No, you do not need an ice cream maker. This pumpkin ice cream is a no churn recipe which means anyone can make this delicious ice cream.
We usually make this pumpkin ice cream during the holidays. I like to serve in glass bowls for a fun and festive look.
Feel free to top this pumpkin ice cream with many different toppings. You can make a pumpkin ice cream sundae with whipped creamy, chopped nuts and a cherry.
Print Pumpkin Ice Cream recipe:
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream chilled
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- With a stand up mixer or hand held mixer, beat together the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract until the cream is whipped and can form soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- Then gently fold the sweetened condensed milk into the heavy whipping cream until the mixture is fully combined and smooth.
- Spread the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
- Serve and enjoy! The ice cream will keep covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe