Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting is so luscious with the perfect amount of raspberry flavor. This homemade frosting is delightful on cupcakes or cakes.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
This raspberry frosting is very easy with only 6 ingredients. It has the rich flavor of cream cheese frosting with lots of raspberry flavor. If you loved our Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting, you will love this with raspberries.
We also love this Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe for another great recipe.
What’s the difference between Cream Cheese Frosting and Buttercream Frosting?
Buttercream frosting consists of butter and powdered sugar. Whereas Cream Cheese frosting contains less butter as it is replaced partially with cream cheese.
Buttercream Frosting is sweeter than Cream Cheese frosting.
- Fresh Raspberries
- Lemon Juice
- Soften Cream Cheese
- Unsalted Butter softened
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Step 1. Cook the fresh fruit. First, place the raspberries and the lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Step 2. Allow the mixture to cook down. Next, heat over medium high heat. Mash the raspberries and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the mixture cooks down.
- Step 3. Remove the seeds. Then, strain the mixture to remove the seeds and chill.
- Step 4. Combine the cream cheese and butter. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Step 5. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar. Next, add in the powdered sugar slowly until combined (2-3 minutes).
- Step 6. Combine the fruit mixture. Then add in approximately ¼ cup of the raspberry mixture and the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and the desired consistency. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Step 7. Allow to chill. Finally, chill until ready to use and then the cream cheese raspberry frosting is ready to enjoy! It is so rich and delicious.
What goes with Raspberry Frosting:
- Chocolate Cupcakes. This is a crowd favorite and everyone loves chocolate with raspberry frosting.
- Vanilla Cupcakes. The contrast in colors is stunning with this frosting.
- Brownies. Top brownies with some of this frosting for a rich and decadent dessert.
- Chocolate Cake . It would be pretty on a layer cake.
- Lemon Cupcakes. The combination of lemon and raspberry flavor is divine.
Refrigerate the Raspberry Buttercream in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It contains dairy and has to be refrigerated.
Tips for Success
- Consistency of frosting. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If the frosting is too thick, add a small amount of milk until the frosting is the consistency that you prefer.
- Food Coloring. It is optional but you can add food coloring to the frosting for a deeper color. The raspberries give it such nice color though, so it is really not necessary.
- Full Fat Cream Cheese. This frosting is best with full fat cream cheese. Also, do not buy whipped cream cheese. The block is best to make the frosting.
- Fresh Fruit. While some recipes call for raspberry jam, this recipe calls for fresh fruit and we think it tastes better.
- Room temperature ingredients. Soften the butter and cream cheese at room temperature. This will make it easier to combine the frosting ingredients. However, you don’t want it too soft, or the frosting will not be firm enough.
- Strain the fruit. Make sure to pour the fruit puree through the strainer to remove the seeds. This will ensure the frosting is perfectly smooth.
- Ripe berries. The frosting will be better if you use sweet ripe berries.
- Don’t overmix the frosting. Whip the frosting ingredients until just combined and fluffy. Continuing to overmix the frosting will make the texture grainy.
Variations to try:
- Frozen raspberries. It is fine to substitute frozen berries in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw the fruit completely and drain the liquid. If you do not do this, the frosting will be very runny.
- Try different fruit flavors. Strawberry and blueberry taste great. The recipe is easy to follow and swapping out the types of fruit flavors.
- Flavoring. Instead of the vanilla, try adding different extracts to the frosting. Some ideas include lemon, coconut or almond extract.
This frosting is so delicious and very easy to make. It pairs well with an assortment of baked goods. Anyone can make this easy homemade frosting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cakes and Cupcakes with this Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting can sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours. After that, it needs to be stored in the fridge.
You can add more powdered sugar to the frosting to thicken the texture. Another option is to try refrigerating it.
If your kitchen is warm, it might just need to be chilled for 20 to 30 minutes. This often does the trick and the frosting firms up.
Try More Fruit Frosting Recipes:
Print this Cream Cheese Frosting Raspberry Recipe:
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Place the raspberries and the lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat. Mash the raspberries and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the mixture cooks down.
- Strain the mixture to remove the seeds and chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar slowly until combined (2-3 minutes).
- Then add in approximately ¼ cup of the raspberry mixture and the vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Chill until ready to use and then the frosting is ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe