The layers of Red, White and Blue Icebox Cake look stunning. Family and friends will love this dessert with fresh berries. The pudding mixture is so decadent but not heavy at all. It is the perfect Summer time treat.
Red White and Blue Icebox Cake:
Did you grow up eating ice box cake? I did and now the kids love it too. The entire dessert is so quick and easy with lots of luscious layers. This is the perfect 4th of July dessert to make.
Fresh berries make this recipe even better. We love to make this for our annual 4th of July cookout and Memorial Day get together. 4th of July icebox cake has layers of delicious and is made with simple ingredients.
It is really the perfect dessert for warm weather because it is light and not too heavy. Whenever I make this, everyone raves about it and the dish is always scraped clean.
This Fourth of July icebox cake recipe always turns out great and anyone can make this. It is impossible to mess up. This is one dessert that I recommend making for any occasion.
What is an Icebox Cake?
An Icebox cake is layers of graham crackers, cream filling and fruit. These layers are placed in a baking dish and placed in the refrigerator to set. This no bake dessert is easy to make and the ingredients can be changed.
It is an easy dessert that is perfect for any occasion.
- Cream Cheese
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Graham Crackers
- Blueberries – divided
- Strawberries – divided
How to Make Red White and Blue Icebox Cake:
- Step 1 – Mix Creamy Cheese and Sugar – First, get a large bowl and mix the cream cheese and sugar together. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Step 2 – Mix in whipping cream and vanilla – Second, add the heavy cream and vanilla to the mixture. Beat until it starts to thicken and you see soft stiff peaks. Set this aside for later.
- Step 3 – Prepare Pan – You will need a 9×13 pan. If you are taking this to a cookout, the disposable pans are so handy.
- Step 4 – Add Graham Cracker Layer – Put a single layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan.
- Step 5 – Add Cream Cheese Layer – Next, pour a third of the cream cheese mixture all over the graham crackers. You can use a spatula to spread this out to make sure each graham cracker is covered.
- Step 6 – Add Fruit – Now, start layering with the fruit. Top the cream cheese mixture with blueberries and strawberries.
- Step 7 – Continue with layers – Keep repeating the layers two more times.
- Step 8 – Decorate the top – Finally, decorate the top berry layer by placing strawberries and blueberries all over. You can do a pattern or anything you prefer. There are so many ways to top this dessert.
- Step 9 – Refrigerate – Just refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving. This will allow the layers time to settle and the flavors to blend.
- Make Ahead – I have made this a few hours before serving and it was delicious. However, I do prefer to make this the night before. The extra time really allows all the flavors to come together.
- Cream Cheese – Before mixing the cream cheese with the sugar, we recommend softening the cream cheese. This helps for it to blend easier without any lumps.
- Mixing Ingredients – We recommend mixing ingredients with a stand mixer or a hand held mixer. This allows for the ingredients to combine completely.
How to Store an Icebox Cake:
Store icebox cake in the refrigerator until ready to serve. We like to make the night before serving as the ingredients really marinate together.
- Pudding Mixes – You can easily use vanilla pudding mixes to mix into this as a variation.
- Cool Whip – Mix cool whip with the pudding mix to make a creamy and delicious layer.
How Long does Icebox Cake Last:
We recommend serving within 2 to 3 days. If stored to long the graham crackers become to mushy.
Easy 4th of July Ice Box Cake:
This berry icebox cake is perfect for all your July 4th gatherings. It is creamy, delicious and easy to make. You can also make it for potlucks or any special gatherings.
Change the fruit or the filling to what you prefer.
Print Blueberry Strawberry Icebox Cake:
Red white and Blue Icebox cake
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese
- 3 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 14- ounce box graham crackers
- 2 cups blueberries divided
- 3 cups strawberries thinly sliced divided
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and beat until mixture begins to thicken and forms soft peaks. Set aside.
- On the bottom of a 9×13 pan, place a single layer of graham crackers.
- Next, place one-third of the cream cheese mixture over the graham crackers spreading gently.
- Top this layer with ½ cup blueberries, and one cup thin sliced strawberries. Repeat this layering process twice more.
- For the top berry layer place the strawberries and blueberries sprinkled throughout (or however you want to decorate the top)
- Refrigerate 2 to 4 hours before serving so that the layers can “settle” into each other.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Red White and Blue Desserts:
- 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich recipe
- Red White and Blue Bark Recipe
- How to make Red, White, and Blue Jello
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- Red White and Blue Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
- 4th of July Poke Cake