If you are looking for a patriotic and super easy dessert, this 4th of July poke cake recipe is the one to try! With only a few ingredients, it is so easy but tastes delicious.
4th of July poke cake recipe
This cake is amazing and always a hit at any party, cookout or 4th of July bash I bring it to. The red, white and blue inside the cake is so festive and the entire cake is tasty.
I love that you only need a handful of ingredients to make this but you have a really pretty dessert. This is our go to cake for July 4th, Memorial Day and more.
The kids love to help. It is so fun seeing the cake turn different colors from the red and blue jello. You are going to love this easy cake!
You can easily change this cake based on what you have on hand. Try switching up the jello flavors for other occasions.
We make a Christmas Jello Poke Cake and it is just as easy and so pretty.
Poke cakes are so easy to adapt for what you have on hand or other occasions or holidays.
What do you use to poke holes in a cake?
You can use a fork to poke the cake or really anything you have. The end of a wooden spoon also works as well.
We prefer to use a wooden spoon because it makes larger holes in the cake. This allows the jello to really get into the cake.
This is such an easy recipe so just use what you have and make this amazing cake.
Ingredients for 4th of July poke cake:
- White Cake Mix and all the ingredients needed on the back of the box
- Red Jello Mix
- Blue Jello Mix
- Cool Whip
- Red white and blue sprinkles
How to make red white and blue poke cake:
Prepare cake mix as directed and bake in a 9×13 pan. Let cool.
Poke cake with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake. I spaced the holes about 1″ apart on the cake.
Prepare both jell-o mixes as directed on the back in the box in separate bowls.
Then take turn spooning the jello mixes over the cake alternating the flavors per rows on the cake. Only use 1/2 half of each of the jello mixes as the full amounts are not needed.
Then chill the cake in the refrigerator and top with the cool whip.
Sprinkle the top with your favorite 4th of July sprinkles! Serve and Enjoy!
Does this 4th of july poke cake need to be refrigerated?
Yes, refrigerate the cake until ready to serve. This is the best cake and so easy to make with just a few ingredients.
I think it is best prepared a day ahead of time. This allows the flavors to really soak into the cake and it tastes even more delicious.
It is also nice to make in advance because it saves you time on the day of the party or cookout. You can just grab it from the fridge and go!
Try this 4th of July poke cake!
Red white and blue desserts are so fun to make.I think you will love this easy patriotic poke cake.
We love easy recipes and this is so simple. We also make these Red white and blue chocolate covered pretzels for another fun and festive treat.
Patriotic desserts are just so fun!
This Red white and blue poke cake is budget friendly!
You can really throw this together for hardly any money at all and in just minutes. It is the perfect dessert to feed a crowd or take to a gathering when you need to keep the cost low.
Just use what you have. You are going to love this cake.
Since we typically use what is on sale at the grocery store or that I already have in the pantry, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Save that money for something else or to give you family wiggle room in the budget. You will love the money you will save.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable and everyone gets to enjoy a great dessert!
Print this easy and delicious 4th of July poke cake recipe below:
If you are looking for a patriotic and super easy dessert, this 4th of July poke cake recipe is the one to try! With only a few ingredients, it is so easy.
- 1 White Cake Mix and all the ingredients needed on the back of the box
- 1 Red Jello Mix
- 1 Blue Jello Mix
- 1 Cool Whip - 8 oz
- Red white and blue sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as directed and bake in a 9x13 pan. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Poke cake with the end of a wooden spoon throughout the cake. I spaced the holes about 1" apart on the cake.
- Prepare both jell-o mixes as directed on the back in the box in separate bowls.
- Then take turn spooning the jello mixes over the cake alternating the flavors per rows on the cake. Only use 1/2 half of each of the jello mixes as the full amounts are not needed.
- Then chill the cake for 3 to 4 hours in a refrigerator and top with the cool whip.
- Sprinkle the top with your favorite 4th of July sprinkles! Serve and Enjoy!
Try these other 4th of July desserts:
- Red white and blue crinkle cake mix cookies
- 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich recipe
- Red White and Blue Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Easy Bomb Brownie Bites
- The Best Red White and Blue Cake to Impress!
- 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos
- How to make Red, White, and Blue Jello
- 4th of July rice Krispie Treats
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- Red, white and blue jello
Try these other easy poke cake recipes:
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- Cherry Poke Cake Recipe
- Jello Poke Cake Recipe
- Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- Lemon Poke Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Poke Cake Recipe