Avalanche Cookies combine creamy peanut butter, melted white chocolate, crispy rice cereal, marshmallows and more. This no bake dessert is super easy with just 5 ingredients and very little prep time.
No Bake Avalanche Cookies
The white chocolate and peanut butter mixture is so delicious with the gooey marshmallows and crispy rice cereal. This easy no bake recipe is a breeze to make and perfect for any event or occasion.
They are so easy that you can quickly make a batch just for movie night or a quick after school snack.
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- White Chocolate Bark
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips (divided)
How to make avalanche cookies:
- Step 1. Prepare the pan. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Step 2. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter. Place the almond bark and ½ cup butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Step 3. Heat in 30 second intervals. Stirring after each interval, until the mixture is melted and combined.
- Step 4. Add the cereal and marshmallows to the mixture. Stir in the cereal and mini marshmallows using a large bowl.
- Step 5. Fold in the chocolate chips. Stir in half of the mini chocolate chips.
- Step 6. Scoop the cookies. Drop the mixture onto the baking sheet with a tablespoon and top the cookies with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Step 7. Allow to set. Let the chocolate sit for 2 hours until the cookies are set. Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy! The complete recipe card is below.
Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week
The cookies can also be frozen up to 3 months. Allow to cool completely then place inside a freezer container.
Separate the layers of cookies with wax paper so they do not stick together. This will also make it easier to remove if you just want a couple.
How to make Peanut Allergy friendly:
Cookie butter or biscoff can be used in place of the peanut butter. Almond butter can also be used in this recipe. You can even use Nutella in this recipe.
If you need to avoid tree nuts entirely, you can use sunflower butter.
Try one of these options if you need to make this peanut allergy friendly for your friends or family.
Tips and Recommendations for Avalanche Cookies:
- Melting the chocolate. You can also use a double boiler if you prefer but it’s not necessary. We find the microwave is the easiest and does a great job.
- Chocolate chip variety. Substitute the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips, dark chocolate or semi-sweet. You can also split the batch and make some with each variety. Another option is to combine all in the same batch.
- Peanut Butter. We prefer creamy peanut butter in this recipe because of the texture. However, crunchy can also be used if you prefer.
- Cereal. The name brand of Rice Krispies cereal seems to hold up better in this cookie recipe.
- Mini Marshmallows. Mini is best so you do not have large chunks in the cookies. The smaller marshmallows also stick better to the mixture.
- Garnishing. Before the cookies set, you can add a few toppings. Some ideas include extra chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Add ins. Try adding a handful of nuts such a peanuts to the mixture. Just don’t add too much as you want to have enough of the peanut butter mixture to coat the cookies.
What is almond bark?
It is made with vegetable fat instead of cocoa butter. It is typically flavored so that it tastes like chocolate or vanilla.
Almond bark does not contain nuts even though its name references it. This ingredient melts extremely well. It gives baked goods a smooth texture that is creamy and delicious.
Can I substitute white chocolate chips for almond bark?
Yes, feel free to substitute white chocolate chips in this recipe if desired. Either is fine to use but the almond bark does seem to melt smoother.
Print this Avalanche Cookie Recipe:
- 2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 pound White Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips divided
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chocolate bark and peanut butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the mixture is melted and combined.
- Stir in the cereal and mini marshmallows.
- Stir in half of the mini chocolate chips.
- Drop the mixture onto the baking sheet with a tablespoon and top the cookies with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Let the chocolate sit for 2 hours until the cookies are set and then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe