Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe is a peanut butter lovers delight. No need to heat up the kitchen when you can make this no bake treat.
Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe:
No bake cookies are so easy to make when the craving strikes. I love that you can whip these up in minutes.
We have been making this easy no bake cookies recipe and it never disappoints. I started thinking about making something similar but without the cocoa powder.
The results? This easy peanut butter not bake cookie recipe was so easy and everyone said it was amazing! Now, we love the chocolate version still but this peanut butter version is equally delicious too!
I love having more options for no bake cookies. Yum! Oh and we also love Pretzel no bake cookies too. The salty and sweet combination is so good.
Why did my No Bake Cookies not set?
Typically, if the cookies are gooey you did not boil them long enough. Make sure to not skip that step as they do need to boil for a certain amount of time for the cookies to reach the desired consistency.
Once your mixture starts to vigorously start to boil, set a time for 60 seconds. After 1 minute then your mixture is set. If you do not allow it for the peanut butter mixture to boil then it could cause it not to set.
- Salted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Quick Oats (don’t use old fashioned oats)
How to Make No Bake Cookies without Peanut Butter:
- Step 1 – First, go ahead and line your baking sheets with parchment paper. If you don’t have wax paper, you can use cupcake liners. Both of these will help make cleanup much easier.
- Step 2 – Second, combine the butter, sugar and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Step 3 – Keep stirring until this mixture reaches a rolling boil. You want to let this boil for a minute without stirring.
- Step 4 – Next, remove from the heat and add the vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
- Step 5 – Stir this together until it is well mixed.
- Step 6 – Scoop the cookies onto the baking sheets. I like to use a cookie scoop. It makes it go so much faster and you can get each cookie the same size.
- Step 7 – Finally, let the cookies sit at room temperature so they can set up properly. If you are in a hurry, you can put in the fridge.
Can these be Made with Crunchy Peanut Butter?
Yes, you can make these no bake cookies with crunch peanut butter. This gives the cookies texture and a little extra crunch.
Can you Make No Bake with a Different Nut Butter?
Yes, this no bake cookie would be delicious with natural peanut butter, almond butter, Sunflower Seed Butter or cashew butter. You can even use Nutella for a tasty twist on this classic cookie.
Can you Mail No Bake Cookies?
Yes, you can mail no bake cookies. Make sure to cover them completely with plastic wrap and place in a container. Ship the cookies in a heavy cardboard box.
Are Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Gluten Free?
Yes, just make sure your oats are gluten free when preparing these cookies. Some oat are not gluten free.
Tips for Peanut Butter No Bakes:
- Chocolate Chips – Add in chocolate chips to make chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies. My favorite combination is chocolate and peanut butter.
- Measuring Ingredients – Make sure to measure ingredients as the recipe card ingredients. This ensures that your cookies are soft, chewy texture and creamy.
- Prepare Ingredients – We recommend getting all the ingredients together before starting to make the cookies. This makes the process go much smoother.
- Boil Butter Mixture – Make sure to allow the butter mixture to boil for 60 seconds. This ensure the peanut butter cookies set.
- Allow Cookies to Set – These peanut butter no bake cookies take a little longer to set than no bake chocolate peanut butter. We usually allow about an hour for then to set. But you can enjoy them warm too. They may even need to set in the refrigerator.
Old Fashioned Oats or Quick Cooking Oats?
We recommend using quick cooking oats when making these cookies. The quick oats are broken down into small pieces which allows the cookies to have a better texture.
How to Freeze No Bake Cookies:
These No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies freeze well. The perfect cookie to prepare ahead of time. Place cookies in an air tight container or freezer bag and freeze. They will stay fresh for up to 2 months.
When ready to thaw, place on the counter and enjoy.
- Chocolate Chips – This recipe would be delicious with added chocolate chips. Feel free to add in milk chocolate, dark chocolate chips or peanut butter chocolate chips.
- Nuts – You can easily add in chopped nuts to this cookie recipe.
- Melting Chocolate – Melt chocolate and drizzle over the top of the peanut butter cookies.
- Cocoa Powder – Add in cocoa powder for chocolate oatmeal peanut butter no bake cookies. Sugar, milk, and cocoa powder mixed with peanut butter makes a delicious cookie.
- Maple Syrup – Feel free to mix maple syrup with the cookie mixture to make a warm flavored cookie.
- Add more Oatmeal – If you prefer a more chewier cookie, add in more oatmeal to the mixture.
How to store:
You can store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They do not need to be refrigerated.
How to freeze
Yes you can freeze no bake peanut butter cookies. See Can you freeze no bake cookies to learn more.
Print peanut butter no bake cookies recipe:
Peanut butter no bake cookies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or set out approximately 29 cupcake liners.
- In a 2.5 to 3 quart medium saucepan combine butter, sugar and milk.
- Set over medium heat, and cook stirring frequently until it reaches a full boil.
- Allow mixture to boil 60 seconds without stirring.
- Remove from heat, immediately add in vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
- Stir mixture until well combined then, using a medium (2 Tbsp) cookie scoop or two spoons drop mixture onto lined baking sheets or into cupcake liners.
- Allow to rest at room temperature until set, about 20 – 30 minutes (to speed up setting refrigerate).
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Peanut Butter Cookies:
More No Bake Desserts:
- No Bake Lemon Icebox Cake
- Avalanche Cookies
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe