White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are a holiday favorite. The peppermint flavor and white chocolate chips taste amazing in these soft and fluffy cookies.
These Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies are so festive and make the perfect holiday treat. There are white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes in every bite and the entire recipe is loaded with flavor.
Table of Contents
Why you will love these cookies
- Peppermint Flavor. If you love all things peppermint, this recipe is going to be a hit.
- Easy to make homemade cookies. Anyone can make homemade cookies with this simple recipe.
- They are delicious. The cookies are soft and fluffy with the best ingredients.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Egg
- Peppermint Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
- Miniature Candy Canes
Find the complete ingredient list at the bottom in the recipe card.
- Peppermint Candies. Substitute these for candy canes if desired.
- Chocolate Chips. Swap the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate.
- Nuts. Feel free to add nuts to the recipe. Macadamia, pecan or walnut would be great.
Step by Step instructions
Step 1. While the oven is preheating to 350, combine the dry ingredients. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Step 2. Get out a separate mixing bowl and beat together the butter and sugars. Use a stand mixer or electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Then add the egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract.
Step 3. Lower the mixer speed and gradually combine the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
Step 4. Add the crushed candy canes and a portion of the white chocolate chips. Carefully stir by hand until combined.
Step 5. Form the dough balls. They should be about 1 1/2-2 tablespoon size balls. Then roll in the remaining crushed candy canes and place on a baking sheet.
Step 6. Add the remaining chocolate chips on top of each of the dough balls on the baking sheet.
Step 7. Let the cookies bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges of the cookies start to brown slightly. Be careful that you do not overbake them.
Step 8. After the cookies have cooled on the baking sheet, move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Line the baking sheets. I like to use parchment paper or silicone baking mats. This helps the cookies not to spread so much.
- Don’t overmix the cookie dough. Stir the ingredients until they are just combined.
- Spoon the flour into measuring cup. This will prevent the flour from being packed into the cups if you scoop the flour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Keep a slice of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them soft.
The easiest way to crush them is with a food processor or a ziploc bag. If you are using a ziploc bag, make sure to seal tightly and then crush with a rolling pin.
The dough is easy to freeze. Form the dough balls and place on a baking sheet. Flash freeze them for 2 ours.
Then transfer to an airtight freezer container. You will need an extra few minutes to the baking time if frozen and not room temperature. Learn how to freeze cookie dough.
More Peppermint Recipes
I can’t wait for you to try these cookies. Once you make them, please come back and leave a comment.
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips divided
- 6 Miniature Candy Canes crushed and divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Then set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Reduce the speed on the mixer down to low and then slowly add the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently hand stir in half of the crushed candy canes and ¾ cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into approximately 1 1/2-2 tablespoon size balls. Roll in the remaining crushed candy canes and place on a baking sheet.
- Press the remaining chocolate chips on top of each of the dough balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges of the cookies start to brown slightly. Do not over bake so watch them closely while they are baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move them to wire racks to cool completely. Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe