Salted caramel fudge recipe has only 6 ingredients for the most decadent fudge. This recipe is so easy and anyone can make this!
This Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe is loaded with sweet and salty flavor and has amazing texture. Being a mom of 8, we make a lot of desserts for many occasions and fudge is always on the list.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Fudge Recipe:
This simple ingredient fudge easily heats in a saucepan and there is no need for a candy thermometer. Once the fudge mixture has thicken then it is ready to chill.
We love serving this homemade fudge for the holidays and it is even better to hand out as a gift. Homemade desserts make the perfect holiday gifts for neighbors and friends.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Golden Syrup or Light Corn Syrup
- White Chocolate Melts
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card. The full ingredients and recipe are listed.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Coarse Sea Salt – You can sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of the fudge once in the pan. It looks pretty and tastes good too.
- Milk Chocolate Chips – Feel free to change the chocolate melts to milk chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. Chocolate fudge is also a family favorite.
- Brown Sugar – Feel free to use dark brown sugar or light brown sugar.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Add the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt to a large sauce pan. Use low heat and stir it all together until all the sugar has dissolved. Cook until mixture thickens.
Step 2 – Remove from the heat. Then add in the white chocolate melts and stir until the chocolate chips have melted.
Step 3 – Once all of this is combined, pour the fudge to the pan you prepared earlier. Let the mixture cool at room temperature and cover the pan.
Step 4 – Let the fudge set at least 4 hours in the fridge. Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Quality White Chocolate – I prefer to use white chocolate melts in this recipe as it melts smoother then white chocolate chips. If you do not have white chocolate melts in your area. Use a high quality white chocolate diced into smaller pieces instead.
- Melt on Stovetop – This fudge recipe is best made on the stovetop verses the microwave. This is to prevent the fudge from being grainy so that the brown sugar can be fully dissolved.
- Perfect Fudge Tips – For even more tips and tricks, read our 5 Tips to make the perfect fudge recipe.
- Prepare Baking Dish – To easily remove the fudge from the square baking pan, spray with cooking spray. We also recommend to line with parchment paper to easily cut into slices.
How Do You Harden Fudge?
Often when fudge does not set, the sugar mixture was not cooked long enough. Just make sure to follow the recipe exactly.
If you end up with soft fudge. Try placing in the fridge for an extra 30 minutes and then in the freezer for several hours.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I prefer to use parchment paper to separate the fudge inside an airtight container. Fudge can be stored at room temperature. Make sure to cover with plastic wrap if there is no lid.
You can also freeze fudge. This is super handy if you are making it for a party. Just make it ahead to save time on the actual day. Check out Can You Freeze Fudge.
I would still use the parchment paper between the layers to keep it from sticking. Stored properly, the fudge should last in the freezer up to 1 month.
More Easy Fudge Recipes:
- Peanut butter Chocolate Chip fudge
- Sugar Cookie Fudge Recipe
- Tips to make the Perfect Fudge
- The World’s Best Fudge
If you make this Easy Salted Caramel Fudge, make sure to let us know by leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!
Salted Caramel Fudge
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a large sauce pan. Heat on low and stir until all the sugar has been dissolved. Watch closely so that the mixture does not burn.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook in the sauce pan for 3-5 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Again watch the mixture closely so it does not burn.
- Then remove the mixture form the heat, stir in the white chocolate melts and continue to stir until all the chocolate chips have melted.
- Then transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature and then cover the pan and move the pan to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once the fudge has fully set, cut and serve!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe