Salted caramel fudge recipe has only 6 ingredients for the most decadent fudge. This recipe is so easy and anyone can make this!
Salted caramel fudge recipe
Caramel fudge is so delicious and salted caramel is just amazing! Even better, this recipe is so very simple. It is truly effortless!
I used to only make fudge every now and then. It was reserved for special occasions such as the holidays. However, thanks to simple recipes like this salted caramel fudge, I make it all year long!
Birthdays, Game day, Tuesday’s…….all great times to make fudge! Make this today and see for yourself just how easy it is. Fudge is no longer just for Christmas with this easy to make recipe. You also might like Tiger Butter Fudge and Crock Pot Fudge.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Golden Syrup or Light Corn Syrup
- White Chocolate Melts
How to make Caramel fudge
First, get out an 8X8 baking pan and line it with parchment paper.
Second, add the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt to a large sauce pan. Use low heat and stir it all together until all the sugar has dissolved.
Make sure you don’t walk away or try do something else while you are cooking this mixture. It needs to be watched closely because you don’t want the mixture to burn.
Next, increase the heat to medium. Cook the mixture in the sauce pan for another 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
This is another step that you also need to watch very closely to ensure it does not burn!
Finally, remove the mixture from the heat. Then add in the white chocolate melts and stir until the chocolate chips have melted.
Once all of this is combined, transfer the mixture to the pan you prepared earlier. Let the mixture cool at room temperature and cover the pan.
Let the fudge set at least 4 hours in the fridge. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Tips for caramel fudge:
- I prefer to use white chocolate melts in this recipe as it melts smoother then white chocolate chips. If you do not have white chocolate melts in your area, use a high quality white chocolate diced into smaller pieces instead.
- This fudge recipe is best made on the stovetop verses the microwave. This is to prevent the fudge from being grainy so that the brown sugar can be fully dissolved.
- For even more tips and tricks, read our 5 Tips to make the perfect fudge recipe.
- It is optional but you can sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of the fudge once in the pan. It looks pretty and tastes good too.
How do you harden Fudge?
Often when fudge does not set, the sugar mixture was not cooked long enough. Just make sure to follow the recipe exactly.
If you end up with soft fudge, try placing in the fridge for an extra 30 minutes and then in the freezer for several hours.
How do you store Fudge?
I prefer to use parchment paper to separate the fudge inside an airtight container. Fudge can be stored at room temperature.
You can also freeze fudge. This is super handy if you are making it for a party. Just make it ahead to save time on the actual day. Check out Can You Freeze Fudge.
I would still use the parchment paper between the layers to keep it from sticking. Stored properly, the fudge should last in the freezer up to 1 month.
This is also great for snacking and just grabbing a piece of fudge when the craving strikes.
This easy caramel fudge is the best!
I love fudge and this salted caramel version is heavenly. It melts in your mouth and is so delcious.
My kids were so excited to get this at home without much effort. They know that means Mom will make it more!
Give this a try and let us know how it turns out for you. It is sure to be a hit with the entire family.
Print this Salted Caramel fudge recipe:
Salted Caramel Fudge
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a large sauce pan. Heat on low and stir until all the sugar has been dissolved. Watch closely so that the mixture does not burn.
- Increase the heat to medium and cook in the sauce pan for 3-5 minutes until the mixture has thickened. Again watch the mixture closely so it does not burn.
- Then remove the mixture form the heat, stir in the white chocolate melts and continue to stir until all the chocolate chips have melted.
- Then transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature and then cover the pan and move the pan to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Once the fudge has fully set, cut and serve!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe