With just a few ingredients, Butter Cookies Recipe comes together quickly for a tasty and gorgeous treat. Easy butter cookies are pretty enough for a cookie exchange but easy enough to make any day of the week.
Butter Cookies Recipe
Butter Cookies are so delicious and they look so pretty for any occasion. They are easy to make into designs and shapes and everyone will think you spent a ton of time when really it was super easy!
Try making plain butter cookies or jazz things up with icing and sprinkles. However you decide to make these, they are going to impress your friends and family!
What is the difference between sugar and butter cookies?
While these cookies are similar there are several big differences. The main difference being the amount of sugar.
Butter cookies call for more sugar. Also, the temperature the cookies are baked at is different as well.
The cookies have different textures. Sugar cookies have a sturdier dough.
Ingredients you need for easy butter cookies:
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- egg yolks
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
How to Make Butter Cookies:
First, preheat your oven.
Next, in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and salt until combined.
Mix in egg yolks and vanilla.
Add flour and mix until crumbly then add in milk. Note- If needed add in another 1 – 2 tsp milk for a more pipe-able consistency, add as little as possible for less spreading though.
Transfer to a 16-inch piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
Pipe dough into rounds onto two ungreased baking sheets (if you normally have issues with cookies spreading chill them for 30 minutes on baking sheet before baking).
Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven until golden brown on bottom.
Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container.
They never last long around here though because everyone loves them!
Which butter is best for cookies?
Unsalted butter is best for baking cookies! It is easy to grab the wrong one at the store so definitely grab the unsalted version.
Try chocolate butter cookies recipe:
You can sprinkle the cookies with sprinkles fresh out of the oven, or you can even dip them into white chocolate or regular chocolate and add sprinkles.
They are amazing plain but also really tasty with some extras. We have made them both ways and they turn out amazing either way.
There are lots of delicious options to try. If I dip them I just hold them and dip so only half is covered.
This really looks super cute and so festive.
Try these easy to make butter cookies today!
These are so fun to make and look amazing. You can top with powdered sugar, sprinkles, chocolate or whatever you like!
You can try different ideas for holidays, birthdays and more. Try rainbow sprinkles for birthdays, pink or blue for baby showers, red and green for Christmas and a ton of other great variations!
Make some today and have a blast decorating these.
Tip for easy butter cookies:
Another handy kitchen item I like to use are these baking liners to bake my cookies. Clean up is easy and the cookies turn out perfectly every time!
We use the baking liners all the time so they get a ton of use. They are worth every penny!
You can also use a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper. However, I prefer these silicone liners because they are reusable and so handy.
We bake a lot so they definitely get a lot of us. You will love them!
Try making soft butter cookies recipe.
Whether you are looking for eggless butter cookies recipe or butter cookies recipe martha stewart, try this easy recipe. From indian butter cookies recipe to butter cookies recipe without eggs, you do not need to search anymore for the perfect recipe.
This is a delicious cookie and so easy to make. Give it a try!
Print this butter cookies recipe below:
With just a few ingredients, Butter Cookies Recipe comes together quickly for a tasty and gorgeous treat. Easy butter cookies are so pretty and delicious.
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and salt until combined.
- Mix in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix until crumbly then add in milk (if needed add in another 1 - 2 tsp milk for a more pipe-able consistency, add as little as possible for less spreading though).
- Transfer to a 16-inch piping bag fitted with a large open star tip (I like this tip https://amzn.to/31kK3rU).
- Pipe dough into rounds onto two ungreased baking sheets (if you normally have issues with cookies spreading chill them for 30 minutes on baking sheet before baking).
- Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven until golden brown on bottom, about 12 - 16 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
You can sprinkle them with sprinkles fresh out of the oven, or you can even dip them into white chocolate or regular chocolate and add sprinkles. Lots of options. If I dip them I just hold them and dip so only half is covered.
I love making cookies. If you enjoy this delicious cookie recipe, try these easy no bake cookies recipe. They are simple to make and taste amazing!
Try these other easy cookie recipes:
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats