Funfetti cookies are ready in under 20 minutes for a tasty treat. Not only is this recipe so easy but the cookies are gorgeous and so colorful!
Sprinkles are just so fun and these Funfetti Cookies are loaded with lots of them. The kids will go crazy over this cookie recipe and they are super easy. We love this flavor and also make Funfetti Cake Batter Dip and Easy Funfetti Puppy Chow Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe
They are perfect for special occasions and parties or just for a fun weekday treat. They are so simple that you don’t need much time to make these. Busy moms can fit them in the schedule.
You know we keep things simple and easy around here and this recipe does not disappoint. They taste amazing and the texture is soft and chewy.
- almond extract
- baking powder
- Rainbow Sprinkles – I used Jimmie sprinkles for this recipe but you can easily use any type of rainbow sprinkles.
Scroll all the way to the bottom and find the complete ingredient list.
- Sprinkles. Substitute red and green sprinkles for Christmas. Try using pink and red sprinkles for a Valentine’s Day treat. The ideas are endless with nonpareils.
- Double Stuffed Cookies. Make the cookies based on the recipe and then make this Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Then prepare cookie sandwiches by placing the frosting between 2 of the Funfetti cookies.
How to make Funfetti Cookies
- Step 1. First, preheat oven and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with silicone baking mat.
Step 2. Get out a large mixing bowl and beat the unsalted butter and sugar until fluffy on high speed. You can also use the bowl of a stand mixer and the paddle attachment. Then add the egg and combine. Finally, add the vanilla extract and combine together.
Step 3. Sift together the dry ingredients and slowly add to the mixture and whisk together.
Step 4. Add the rainbow jimmies to the mixture. Be careful that you do not overmix, or they will bleed into the dough. Scrape the sides of the bowl. The dough will be thick but this is normal.
Step 5. Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls using a cookie scoop. Then roll the cookie dough balls into sprinkles for a pop of color.
Step 6. Finally, bake the cookies until they are light golden brown. The texture will be light and fluffy. If you prefer a crispier cookie, bake for a few extra minutes to turn golden brown.
Step 7. Let the cookies cool a few minutes and then move to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a common question for baking cookies. Some recommend that you chill the dough for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
This will help solidify the fat in the dough and help the cookies not spread out while they are baking.
Place the funfetti sugar cookies inside an airtight container. STore at room temperature.
Yes! In fact, I often make a double batch just so I will have leftover cookies to freeze. Make sure the cookies are completely cool first.
Next, put them on a baking sheet in the freezer to let them began to freeze. I usually leave them in the freezer initially for about 20 minutes.
Take them out and put in an airtight storage container or storage bag. Return the cookies to the freezer.
You will love having these cookies in the freezer.
These Funfetti cookies can be made with a Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. See Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies Recipe. I recommend using a yellow or white cake mix, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs and the sprinkles.
Mix the cake mix, oil and eggs together in a large bowl. Then stir in the sprinkles. Roll the dough in the sprinkles and bake for 8-10 minutes.
I love the homemade option on this cookie recipe, but using a cake mix will work too!
- Cookie Scoop. I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out the cookies.
- Prepare the baking sheet. You can also use baking sheet with parchment paper. We love using the silicone baking liners though because they are reusable and work really well.
More easy cookie recipes
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Easy Rainbow Cookie
- 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Best M&M Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with silicone mat
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes
- Add egg, beat well
- Add vanilla and almond extracts, beat
- Sift together dry ingredients, gradually add and beat well
- Note: dough will be very stiff
- Stir in sprinkles being careful not to overmix or the sprinkles will start to bleed into the dough
- Use a cookie dough scoop and roll dough into 1 inch balls
- Roll cookies in addition sprinkles, if desired
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for a softer cookie or 11-12 for a crisp cookie
- Cool on wire rack
- Store in airtight container
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe