Caramel cheesecake bars combine decadent cheesecake filling and caramel topping into one amazing recipe. Once you try it, you will be hooked!
Cheesecake is always so amazing and this recipe with caramel topping does not disappoint. I have been making cheesecake for parties for years.
I love these bars because they are so convenient for a dessert tray or party. However, they are easy enough for an afternoon snack. They are similar to Cheesecake Bars but with gooey caramel. I also love Raspberry Cheesecake Bars for a nice assortment.
Why this recipe works
- Easy to serve. They are perfect for serving and you get all the flavors of cheesecake.
- Luscious Layers. The buttery graham cracker crust is layered with delicious cream cheese filling and topped with homemade caramel.
- Simple to make. The layers are a breeze to make.
Graham Cracker Crust
- graham cracker crumbs
- cream cheese, room temperature
- sour cream
- brown sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
Find the complete ingredient list at the bottom of the recipe card.
- Top with sea salt if desired on top of the cheesecake.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1. Get out a large mixing bowl and combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
Step 2. The last step is press the crumbs into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch prepared pan. Make sure to spray the dish with cooking spray. Set this aside while you make the filling.
Step 3. Get out another large bowl and add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix this together until it is smooth.
Step 4. Add the eggs one at a time to the mixture and combine using medium speed.
Step 5. Then add the sour cream to the cheesecake batter. Mix this again with an electric mixer until it is smooth.
Step 6. Finally, pour the cheesecake layer over the crust. Smooth it out so the top is even. Bake this for 50 minutes and then turn off the oven. Open the door and leave the cheesecake inside the oven for 15 minutes.
Step 7. While the cheesecake is cooling for an hour, make the caramel topping. Combine the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Keep stirring until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
Step 8. Add the condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Whisk this all together and bring to a boil. Make sure to stir the mixture continuously. Use a candy thermometer in the caramel mixture and continue to boil until the caramel reaches 225 degrees.
Step 9. Let the caramel cool in the pan for a few minutes. Next, pour over cheesecake and smooth it all over.
Step 10. Let this set until cool. Once it is cool, cut into squares and enjoy.
- Crust- You can use graham crackers and crush them instead of using the graham cracker crumbs. If you have a small food processor, use it to make crushing them super easy.
- 9×13 baking pan – Make sure you have a good pan. I spotted several on sale if you need a new one.
- Mixer – You need a mixer for the cream cheese mixture. I love my kitchen aid stand mixer but a hand mixer will work too.
Cover and place in the fridge up 4 days.
More cheesecake bars recipes:
- Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Slutty Cheesecake Bars
- German Chocolate Cake Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Try these easy salted caramel cheesecake bars and then leave a comment!
Caramel cheesecake bars
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Caramel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add sour cream and mix again until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over prepared crust, smooth top and bake for 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, open the door and let the cheesecake sit in the warm oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for an hour.
- Caramel Topping:
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir continuously until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in condensed milk, corn syrup and vanilla and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Place a candy thermometer in the caramel mixture and continue to boil until the caramel reaches 225 degrees F (or reaches soft ball stage if you don’t have a thermometer. That means that when you drop a bit of it into cold water to cool it down, it will form a soft ball.).
- Let caramel cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes, then pour over cheesecake.
- Smooth and let set until cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe