Enjoy this gooey and decadent Homemade Pizookie Recipe in just a few easy steps. It is soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate. Top with ice cream for a real treat.
Homemade Pizookie Recipe:
What could be better than a cookie the size of pizza? My kids go crazy over this homemade pizookie recipe. You get all that you love about chocolate chip cookies but in a delicious cast iron skillet.
It looks like a pizza but tastes like a cookie. We love it served warm and topped with ice cream that melts in each groove of the cookie. It is so delicious and the best way to eat a warm chocolate chip cookie.
We love making copycat recipes to enjoy at home. If you love to order this at Bj’s restaurant, you are in for a treat.
Another family favorite is this Copycat Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake. So amazing and you will save a ton making it at home.
What is a Pizookie?
Pizookie is a fun name for the ultimate dessert. It is made in a round cast iron skillet like a pizza but is made with chocolate chip cookies. Combine pizza and cookies and you get Pizookie.
The center of this delicious cookie is gooey with melted chocolate and the edges are golden brown. This is one dessert that you eat straight out of the pan. We love to top ours with ice cream.
You can even top it with more chocolate chips, chopped candy bars or nuts.
Homemade Pizookie Ingredients:
- White Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Milk Chocolate Chips
How to Make a Pizookie:
- Step 1 – Prepare Oven – First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and get a 10 inch cast iron skillet ready for the dough.
- Step 2 – Melt Butter and cream with sugars – Next, melt the butter for 15-30 seconds in the microwave. Use a mixer to cream both types of sugars.
- Step 3 – Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients – Add in eggs and vanilla and combine well. Pour in flour, salt and baking soda or baking powder.
- Step 4 – Fold in Chocolate Chips – Let mix for 2-3 minutes to full combine. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Step 5 – Pout into Cast Iron Skillet – Pour cookie dough into cast iron skillet and make sure it is even around the pan.
- Step 6 – Cook Pizookie – Cook for 30 minutes. Edges should be brown. Baking time may vary.
- Step 7 – Remove from oven and let cool – Let sit for 30+ minutes to cool to room temperature.
How to Serve:
This pizookie is best served with vanilla ice cream. But you can also serve with chocolate or cookies and cream ice cream. If you are serving a crowd you can slice the cookie and allow everyone to top with your favorite ice cream.
We like to let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
How to Store Leftovers:
If you have leftovers, allow the pizookie to cool completely. Then store the cookie in an air tight container and place in the fridge.
You can also freeze leftovers for up to 4 months. We recommend freezing in individual slices and wrap completely with plastic wrap and place in a freezer safe container.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then serve.
Variations for Pizookie:
- Change Chocolate Chips – Use white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips. You can also use butterscotch morsels or dark chocolate chips.
- M&M’s – Mix in M&M’s with the chocolate cookie dough mixture for added flavor.
- Nuts – Adding chopped nuts is a great addition to this recipe.
Can I Make Pizookie without a Cast Iron Skillet?
Yes, you can make it in a 8 inch or 9 inch pie plate. We have made it both ways and they both turn out so delicious. I recently bought mini cast iron skillets to everyone can have their own.
We like to make this dessert for special occacsions.
Topping Ideas for this Easy Pizookie:
- Vanilla Ice Cream – This is so amazing warm with a scoop of this easy homemade vanilla ice cream recipe. We love the way the ice cream melts when the cookie is warm.
- Syrup – You might also want to drizzle a little chocolate syrup or caramel sauce over the top before serving.
- Syrup Trio Options – I love this trio of Ghirardelli Squeeze Bottles. You get Caramel, Chocolate and White Chocolate. Can you tell we love sweets around here?
- Crushed Candy Bars – This is a great dessert to use leftover crushed candy bars.
Can I use Premade Cookie Dough?
Yes, you can use the cookie dough that is already made. Press the cookie dough in the cast iron skillet and bake according to the package.
Feel free to use the package chocolate chip cookie mixture. All you need to do is add softened butter and this is a quick and easy way to make this dessert.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Easy Ingredients – This recipe is made with simple ingredients. You probably already have them to make this delicious dessert today.
- Simple to Make – This dessert is simple to make but it looks fancy. We love that making it at home saves me time and money.
- Amazing Texture – We love the crispy edges and soft and slightly gooey center. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert any day of the week.
Print this easy copycat pizookie recipe below:
Chocolate Chip Pizookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and get a 10 inch cast iron skillet ready for the dough.
- Melt the butter for 15-30 seconds in the microwave and then in a mixer, cream with both sugars.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and combine well.
- Pour in flour,salt and baking soda. Let mix for 2-3 minutes to full combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour cookie dough into cast iron skillet and make sure it is even around the pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Edges should be brown.
- Let sit for 30+ minutes to cool.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe