This Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe is so simple to make and has the most delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Anytime we want a sweet treat and need it fast, this is the recipe we make. It is so delicious and easy without hardly any work!
Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe
Growing up, we made these cookies all the time and now my kids get to enjoy them. They are the perfect combination of oats, peanut butter and chocolate and each bite is amazing.
They can be made entirely on the stove top and no baking is required. Seriously these are the easiest cookies ever to make.
In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy these cookies and most of that time is letting them set and harden. They are so quick and easy.
The most difficult thing about this recipe is waiting for them to cool so you can eat one. 🙂
Ingredients for peanut butter no bake cookies:
- salted butter
- granulated sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- creamy peanut butter
- quick oats (don’t use old fashioned oats)
Check out this video to see how to make this
How to make no bake oatmeal cookies:
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or set out approximately 29 cupcake liners.
Next, in a 2.5 to 3 quart medium saucepan over medium heat combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk.
Set over medium heat, and cook stirring frequently until it reaches a full boil.
Allow mixture to boil 60 seconds without stirring.
Remove from heat, immediately add in vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
Stir mixture until well combined and use medium cookie scoop or two spoons drop mixture onto lined baking sheets or into cupcake liners.
Let the cookies rest at room temperature until set. If you need to rush this process, you can refrigerate to speed it up.
Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They never last long in our house though because we all gobble them up fast!
They are so amazing and creamy! Each bite has the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter for the best cookie.
Keep reading for the full recipe. It is so simple and you are going to love it! They are also great for cookie exchanges or parties!
Why do my No Bake Cookies turn out gooey?
Typically, if the cookies are gooey you did not boil them long enough. Make sure to not skip that step as they do need to boil for a certain amount of time for the cookies to reach the desired consistency.
Is there a way to harden No bake cookies?
Tip for this easy peanut butter no bake recipe:
I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out the cookies.
Plus, they are not expensive. Amazon has some cookie scoops for very cheap.
I also think they look more uniform when you use a cookie scoop.
I bought the three pack, so I can use the smaller two for cookies and then the bigger one to fill up cupcakes. They will get lots of use and you will be glad you bought them.
Another handy kitchen item I like to use are these baking liners for the cookies. Clean up is easy and they work great.
We use the baking liners all the time so they get a ton of use. They are worth every penny!
If you prefer a disposable option, you can also use parchment paper. Just use what you have on hand or you prefer.
These are very simple to make.
Try these easy no bake cookies today!
This classic no bake chocolate and peanut butter recipe is out of this world! You won’t believe how amazing something so simple can be.
Make sure to not boil it long and you will not have any issues with the cookie setting up properly. The key is to not over book or under cook.
It really is simple and as easy as a quick heat and stir! You are going to love these cookies and they are so simple to make.
Once you give them a try, they will become a family favorite! The only thing you need with the cookies is a big cup of cold milk. Yum!
Print this easy no bake cookies recipe below:
This Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe is simple to make and has a tasty combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Anytime we want a treat fast, we make this!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats (don't use old fashioned oats)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or set out approximately 29 cupcake liners.
- In a 2.5 to 3 quart medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk.
- Set over medium heat, and cook stirring frequently until it reaches a full boil.
- Allow mixture to boil 60 seconds without stirring.
- Remove from heat, immediately add in vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
- Stir mixture until well combined then, using a medium (2 Tbsp) cookie scoop or two spoons drop mixture onto lined baking sheets or into cupcake liners.
- Allow to rest at room temperature until set, about 20 - 30 minutes (to speed up setting refrigerate).
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe has everything that you love about cheesecake in bite size cookies.
If you enjoy this delicious and easy cookie recipe, I hope you try these easy butter cookies recipe as well. They are easy to make and perfect for any occasion!
If you like chocolate no bake cookies, try these easy no bake recipes:
- No Bake Cinnamon Corn Flake Cereal Bars Recipe
- No Bake Cheerios Bars Recipe
- Quick and Easy Fruity Pebble Bars Recipe
Try these other easy and delicious cookie recipes:
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies