This Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe is so simple to make and has the most delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
Easy No Bake Chocolate Cookies Recipe:
Growing up, we made these cookies all the time and now my kids get to enjoy them. They are the perfect combination of oats, peanut butter and chocolate and each bite is amazing.
They can be made entirely on the stove top and no baking is required. Seriously these are the easiest cookies ever to make.
In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy these cookies and most of that time is letting them set and harden. They are so quick and easy. The most difficult thing about this recipe is waiting for them to cool so you can eat one.
Anytime we want a sweet treat and need it fast, this is the recipe we make. It is so delicious and easy without hardly any work.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies:
- Salted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Quick Oats (don’t use old fashioned oats)
How to Make No Bake Cookies:
- Step 1 – Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or set out approximately 29 cupcake liners.
- Step 2 – Next, in a 2.5 to 3 quart medium saucepan over medium heat combine butter, cocoa, sugar, and milk.
- Step 3 – Set over medium heat, and cook stirring frequently until it reaches a full boil.
- Step 4 – Allow mixture to boil 60 seconds without stirring.
- Step 5 – Remove from heat, immediately add in vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
- Step 6 – Stir mixture until well combined and use medium cookie scoop or two spoons drop mixture onto lined baking sheets or into cupcake liners.
- Step 7 – Let the cookies rest at room temperature until set. If you need to rush this process, you can refrigerate to speed it up.
Keep reading for the full recipe. It is so simple and you are going to love it! They are also great for cookie exchanges or parties!
How to Store:
Store cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature. Either will work but I prefer to use a container.
I think the cookies stay in better shape that way.
How long will No Bake Cookies last:
These will last up to a week stored properly. However, they never last long in our house because we all gobble them up fast.
They are so amazing and creamy. Each bite has the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter for the best cookie.
Why didn’t my No Bake Cookies Harden?
Typically, if the cookies are gooey and too soft you did not boil them long enough. Make sure to not skip that step as they do need to boil for a certain amount of time for the cookies to reach the desired consistency.
Is there a way to harden No bake cookies?
You can put them in the refrigerator or freezer to harden the cookies. This will help them take shape a little better. However, it won’t fix it entirely as they still will not have the consistency if they were hardened initially.
Tips for Chocolate No Bake Cookies:
- Baking Liners – Another handy kitchen item I like to use are these baking liners for the cookies. Clean up is easy and they work great. We use the baking liners all the time so they get a ton of use.
- Parchment Paper – If you prefer a disposable option, you can also use parchment paper. Just use what you have on hand or you prefer. These are very simple to make.
- Boiling Mixture – Combine the mixture to a boil for one minute. Make sure the mixture is at a rolling boil for exactly 60 seconds. I always set a timer. Heat and stir the chocolate mixture.
- Quick Cooking Oats – We do not recommend using old fashioned oats, only use rolling oats for this recipe.
- Follow Recipe – Follow the recipe exactly as it indicates so the cookies set correctly.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Peanut Butter – We recommend using creamy peanut butter and not natural peanut butter. You can use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer the extra crunch.
- Toss in other ingredients – You can easily add in chopped nuts, coconut or chocolate chips.
Can you Freeze No Bake Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze no bake cookies. Prepare the cookies as indicated and place on a baking sheet. Allow the cookies to freeze for about an hour then place in a ziplock freeze bag.
They will stay fresh for about 3 months. See Can you freeze no bake cookies for more tips.
Easy Recipe for No Bake Cookies:
These classic no bake peanut chocolate cookies are always a crowd favorite. We love to make them for any occasions, but this is a staple holiday cookie.
The ingredients are simple to make and made with easy ingredients.
Print this Easy No Bake Cookies Recipe below:
No Bake Cookies
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or set out approximately 29 cupcake liners.
- In a 2.5 to 3 quart medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk.
- Set over medium heat, and cook stirring frequently until it reaches a full boil.
- Allow mixture to boil 60 seconds without stirring.
- Remove from heat, immediately add in vanilla, peanut butter and quick oats.
- Stir mixture until well combined then, using a medium (2 Tbsp) cookie scoop or two spoons drop mixture onto lined baking sheets or into cupcake liners.
- Allow to rest at room temperature until set, about 20 – 30 minutes (to speed up setting refrigerate).
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other no bake recipes:
- No Bake Cinnamon Corn Flake Cereal Bars Recipe
- No Bake Cheerios Bars Recipe
- Avalanche Cookies
- Quick and Easy Fruity Pebble Bars Recipe
More easy cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Monster Cookies Recipe
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- butter cookies recipe