Enjoy a sweet treat in minutes with this recipe for easy rolo pretzel bites. Rolo pretzels are salty and sweet and so simple with only 3 ingredients.
Anytime the craving strikes for something sweet, we tend to make rolo pretzels. What’s not to love about the delicious combination of chocolate, caramel and pretzels?
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe
- Only 3 ingredients. It is quick and easy to make with only a few ingredients.
- Sweet and Salty Combination. It is such a flavor packed treat.
- Snap Square Pretzels
- Rolo candies
- M&Ms Chocolate Candy
Variations for Rolo pretzels:
- Use a Hershey Kiss – Substitute a Hershey kiss for the Rolo. Try some of the other Hershey kiss flavors such as white chocolate or peppermint.
- Reese’s Cup– Top the pretzels with a mini Reese’s Cup for the chocolate. Peanut butter fans will love this.
- Change the Candy – Instead of an m&m, use Reese’s pieces on top or even a chocolate chip.
- Make them for any holiday – Try seasonal candy and colors to make these color coordinate for special occasions. These are perfect for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, birthday parties, Game Day and more.
- Use Pecans – Use pecan halves instead of m&m candy and make Rolo Turtles.
- Try Hershey Hugs – Substitute the Rolo for a Hershey hugs. It is delicious as well!
How to make rolo pretzel bites:
Step 1. While the oven is preheating, arrange the pretzels on the baking sheet. Place rolos on top.
Step 2. Bake for 3 minutes until the candy starts to glisten but still has their shape. It should not be totally melted. Remove from oven and place a M&M on top. Allow to cool and set.
The leftovers can be stored at room temperature. However, if you live in a humid area than I recommend storing them in the refrigerator.
Also, I suggest placing a layer of wax paper in between the chocolate covered treats. This will prevent them from sticking to each other.
Yes, you can freeze these treats easily.
I suggest that you flash freeze the treats first. You can do this by putting them on a baking sheet or plate in the fridge. Allow them to stay in the fridge for about an hour.
Then put the treats inside an airtight container or bag in the freezer. You can easily grab a couple when the craving strikes.
They shouldn’t stick together since they were flash frozen first. The treats will last up to 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
- Cool completely before serving. This yummy holiday treat needs to set completely before enjoying.
- Line the baking sheet. Prepare the pan with parchment paper to make clean up easier.
More easy candy recipes:
- Rocky Road Fudge
- Homemade Mounds Bar Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- The Best Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- Rolo Pretzel Turtles – 3 Ingredients
Try this easy recipe for Rolo Pretzel Bites and leave a comment once you do.
Rolo Pretzel Bites
- 24 Snap Pretzels
- 24 Rolos
- 1 bag of m&ms
- Preheat over to 200 degrees F.
- Lay out the pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Remove all the Rolo wrappers and place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes until the Rolos glisten but still keep their shape.
- Remove from oven and immediately lightly press an M&M on each Rolo pretzel.
- Allow to cool completely so they harden. I like to place them in the fridge until completely cooled.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe