What do you make when you are craving a treat but only have a few ingredients? Chocolate Covered Pretzels! Learn how to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels with only 2 ingredients that taste amazing.
How to make chocolate covered pretzels
Salty and sweet is a combination that can’t be beat. We are going to show you how to make chocolate covered pretzels for a fun and tasty treat in minutes.
This recipe only calls for 2 ingredients so it is really very simple. You can make these year round for different occasions. Easter Chocolate Covered Pretzels are so festive and another fun idea to try.
What ingredients do you need for chocolate covered pretzels?
- miniature pretzel twists
- chocolate chips or candy melts – (We used white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. )
How to make chocolate covered pretzels:
First, place the chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. If you are using different colors, use different bowls for each color so they don’t get mixed together.
Next, microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is fully melted.
Dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate.
Use a fork to coat each pretzel in chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl until all of the excess chocolate is removed from the pretzel.
Drizzle with a fork the different colors of chocolate over the chocolate covered pretzels for decoration.
Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
Let the pretzels sit until dry. This will take approximately 1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
It is that easy to make these delicious chocolate dipped pretzels!
Should I refrigerate chocolate covered pretzels?
The pretzels should be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. It is not necessary to store these in the fridge. However, if you it is warmer where you live, this is an option.
How far in advance can you make chocolate covered pretzels?
Tips for making white chocolate covered pretzels and milk chocolate:
- Make sure the chocolate or candy melts are completely melted before dipping the pretzels.
- If the melted candy or chocolate is not smooth, add about 1/2 tsp of vegetable oil to it to make it more smooth as it will coat the pretzels better.
- Make sure that you do not overheat the chocolate or candy melts as this will make it difficult to spread so watch it closely while melting. You definitely want to make sure to do 30 second intervals. Feel free to also use a double boiler.
- Use the melted chocolate or candy melts immediately. It will harden back so be ready to dip the pretzels once it has been melted.
- When dipping the pretzels in the chocolate, I recommend using a fork and tapping it gently on the side of the bowl. The excess chocolate will run off through the prongs on the fork so it works better than a spoon.
- Cover your cookie sheet in foil to allow the pretzels to dry. You can also use wax paper or parchment paper as well.
- Allowed a few minutes ( approximately 15 minutes) before drizzling with the other colors to make sure that they do not mix together on the pretzels.
- Make sure that the pretzels are completely dried before moving for storage.
More ideas to try with Chocolate covered pretzels:
- Try different types of chocolate: dark chocolate , milk chocolate, white chocolate and more.
- Top with your favorite sprinkles. This is perfect for special occasions or holidays.
- Use other types of pretzel: pretzel rod, pretzel twist or whatever you have!
- Use crushed candy or cookies to top the pretzels with. This is a great way to use up things from your pantry. Some of our favorites include: m&ms, Oreo cookies, butterfingers, nutter butter cookies and more.
Try these chocolate covered pretzels today!
This is such an easy dessert recipe with only 2 ingredients. Give this a try and see how delicious and simple it is. The kids love when I make this and they enjoy helping as well.
It is the perfect snack and great for parties as well. We make these year round because everyone loves them. Plus, they are just so easy.
I love tasty recipes that are so simple and inexpensive to make. Sometimes, you just don’t have time to mess with a bunch of ingredients. This is the perfect recipe for those times!
Print this chocolate covered pretzels recipe below:
What do you make when you want a treat but only have a few ingredients? Chocolate Covered Pretzels! Learn how to make Chocolate Covered Pretzels in minutes.
- 50 miniature pretzel twists
- 12 ounces chocolate chips or candy melts - We used 6 ounces of white chocolate and 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate.
- Place the chocolate or candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. If you are using different colors use different bowls for each color so they don't get mixed together.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate. Use a fork to coat each pretzel in chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl until all of the excess chocolate is removed from the pretzel. Drizzle with a fork the different colors of chocolate over the chocolate covered pretzels for decoration.
- Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Let the pretzels sit until dry. This will take approximately 1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
- Serve, or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Try these other easy chocolate desserts:
- Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- White Chocolate Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Caramel Chocolate Microwave Fudge
- Rocky Road Fudge Recipe
- Amazing Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Easter Chocolate Bark
- The Best Chocolate Fudge Recipe
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats