Rolo Pretzel Turtles are sweet and salty for a delicious treat. With only 3 simple ingredients, this recipe is perfect for any occasion.
We love making candy dessert recipes for many occasion. We love the flavors of these pecan Rolos and how easy they are to make.
Table of Contents
Why Make These Pretzel Rolo Treats:
This 3 ingredient recipe is a crowd favorite. Anytime I make Rolo pretzel turtles everyone goes crazy over them. The salty pretzels combined with the caramel and chocolate make the best snack or dessert.
They are also great to place on your dessert tray or wrap up and give as gifts.
- Snap Pretzels
- Pecan Halves
Scroll to the bottom to see the full recipe in the recipe card.
- Milk Chocolate: You can substitute Hershey Kiss or M&M’s for the Rolo candy. If you like white chocolate, that is another tasty variation to try. Switch out the m&m’s for other variations such as peanut butter, peppermint or dark chocolate.
- Nuts: Other ideas include walnuts. You can also crush the nuts instead of leaving them whole. Just crush them and sprinkle on top of the chocolate.
- Pretzels: While I prefer the snap pretzels, Twist or round pretzels also work in this recipe. Feel free to use what you like the most. Just keep in mind if you use the circle ones to be careful the toppings don’t sink in.
- Seasonal: Try making Rolo Turtles for all occasions. You can easily make these for various holidays, birthday parties, Game Day and more. Try using red and green m&m’s for Christmas and pastels for Easter.
- Caramel: These are already amazing but you can make them a little more decadent. Simply, drizzle caramel all over the top of each rolo pretzel turtle.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven. You need to set the oven to 200 degrees. Don’t be tempted to use a higher setting such as 300 degrees. Low and slow is best.
- Step 2 – Second, get out a baking sheet. Arrange the mini pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet. You don’t want any of them overlapping. I like to use a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 3 – Take the wrappers off the Rolo candy. Put a Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Step 4 – Bake the pretzels. It does not take long so don’t leave to go do another task. It normally takes about 3 to 5 minutes until the chocolate starts to glisten but still has their shape.
- Step 5 – Remove from oven. Immediately press a pecan half on top of each melted Rolo pretzel making sure to do so gently. Make sure to press down so the melted chocolate and caramel spread out onto the pretzel.
- Step 6 – Let the treats cool. The pretzels need to harden. You can speed up this process by putting the pan in the fridge until they are completely cool.
- Low Oven Temperature – Make sure to preheat the oven at a low temperature. These easy treats melt quickly so watch closely when in the oven.
- Top with Pecan – When you remove the baking sheet from the oven. Immediately top chocolate with slice pecan.
How to Store:
The leftovers can be stored at room temperature. However, if you live in a humid area than I suggest storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I also like to use wax paper in between the layers of chocolate covered treats to prevent them from sticking.
Can you Freeze?
Yes, you can freeze this sweet treat.
First, flash freeze the treats by putting them on a baking sheet or plate in the fridge. Leave them for about an hour.
Next, place the treats inside an airtight container or bag in the freezer. This makes it very easy to grab a couple when the craving strikes.
They shouldn’t stick together since they were flash frozen first. The treats will last up to 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
More Easy Holiday Treats:
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies recipe
- Rolo Pretzel Sandwich Recipe
- Pretzel Toffee
- Christmas Cookies in a jar
We love hearing from you. If you make these Rolo Pretzel Turtle Recipe, make sure to leave a star review.
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 50 Snap Pretzels
- 12 oz Package Rolos
- 50 Pecan Halves
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Lay out the pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Remove all the Rolo wrappers and place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes until the Rolos glisten but still keep their shape.
- Remove from oven and immediately lightly press a pecan half on each Rolo pretzel and press down to spread the chocolate and caramel out onto the pretzel.
- Allow to cool completely so they harden. I like to place them in the fridge until completely cooled.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe