Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies are so gooey with the perfect texture. Heart-shaped cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day and so festive.
I have a super easy cookie recipe to make for Valentine’s Day. It is loaded with chocolate chips for a fabulous treat. It is so easy to make heart shaped chocolate chip cookies. You can even make them for an afterschool treat.
Table of contents
Why this recipe works
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter make it easy. The trick is a cookie cutter, and it makes the cutest dessert.
- Homemade is so delicious. This recipe for homemade cookies is a step above store bought.
- Soft and Chewy. Everyone will love this recipe and it has the best texture.
- Unsalted Butter, softened
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles. Add Valentine’s Day sprinkles to the cookies if desired.
- Chocolate Chips. Substitute milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks in the recipe.
Step by step instructions
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2. In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat until light and fluffy.
Step 3. Add the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
Step 4. Use a separate bowl and whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. On low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
Step 5. Mix the chocolate chips into the cookie dough by hand.
Step 6. Roll the cookie dough into approximately 1-inch balls. Then spray a heart shaped cookie cutter with cooking spray. Place the cookie cutter on a baking sheet and place the ball evenly into the cutter. Gently remove the cookie cutter. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center of the cookies are slightly underdone. Be careful not to overcook.
Step 7. Finally, take the cookies out of the oven. Let them rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Please note that baking times vary.
Tips and Tricks
- Room temperature ingredients. Use room temperature ingredients (butter, eggs, etc) for the best cookies.
- Measure the flour correctly. Make sure that your flour is measured correctly. Do not pack the flour into your measuring cups. Make sure to use a spoon to gently spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level it off with a flat edge.
- Line the baking sheet. I like to use parchment paper or a baking mat.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Learn How to Freeze Cookie Dough.
More Valentine’s Desserts
- Valentine’s Day Cake Pops
- 45 Best Valentine’s day Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Brownies
Go ahead and make Chocolate Chip Heart Cookies. Don’t forget to come back and leave a comment and star rating!
Heart Shapes Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Mix the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into approximately 1 inch balls.
- Spray a heart shaped cookie cutter with non-stick cooking spray. Place the cookie cutter on a baking sheet and place the ball evenly into the cutter. Gently remove the cookie cutter.
- Continue this process until all the cookies are formed and are on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Spray the cookie cutter with non-stick cooking spray as needed.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the center of the cookies are slightly underdone. Be careful not to over cook. The cookies will continue to cook as they sit.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Let them rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe