Keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs are so rich and creamy for the perfect treat for anyone that loves peanut butter. Enjoy one of these fat bombs while staying on track with keto for a quick snack or dessert.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs:
Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite dessert combination. That is the best combination and one I can’t seem to resist. Keto butter chocolate fat bombs to the rescue!
They remind me of a delicious Reese’s cup. Whenever you are craving something sweet, try eating one of these to help you stay on track. It does not take much as they are so decadent. You are going to love them.
If you enjoyed our Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs, you will love this new recipe for peanut butter fat bombs. These little treats are completely keto friendly and you can enjoy them without any guilt at all.
What is a Fat Bomb?
A fat bomb is a keto friendly chocolate and peanut butter treat. Since the keto diet is made up of high fat and low carb recipes, this treat satisfies your sweet tooth.
Fat bombs are made up of a nut butter of your choice, coconut oil, cocoa powder and a keto friendly sweetener. With these healthy fats ingredients and easy process, I make these weekly and place in the refrigerator to enjoy when I need something sweet.
Why use Fat Bombs on Keto?
Fat bombs help keep you on track while on a keto diet. They are perfect for a quick snack or treat helping to keep you on track with your diet.
Whenever I am craving something sweet, eating a fat bomb helps to satisfy that craving and keep me on track. Fat bombs are a must on the keto diet in my opinion.
How many fat bombs can I eat on keto?
Due to the amount of fat in one fat bomb, a little goes a long way. You will feel satisfied without eating a ton. Typically, 1-2 fat bombs a day will do the trick on keto diets and low net carbs diets.
Ingredients for Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs:
- All-Natural Peanut Butter, creamy
- Room Temperature Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Liquid Stevia
- Sea Salt, for topping
How to make Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs:
- Prepare muffin pan – First, line with mini cupcake liners.
- Mix Peanut Butter and Coconut oil – Next, place peanut butter and coconut oil in a medium-size bowl and mix.
- Add in additional ingredients – Then, add cocoa powder and stevia and mix until combined.
- Add mixed ingredients into lined muffin pan – Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture into each mini cupcake tin. We like to use a cookie scoop to quickly and easily put the mixture into the mini cupcake liners.
- Continue adding – Repeat until mixture is gone. You should get about 24 fat bombs.
- Add in Peanut Butter – Swirl in a little more creamy peanut butter.
- Top with Sea Salt – Sprinkle of sea salt when ready to consume.
Fat Bomb Pantry Staples:
If you enjoy making fat bombs as much as I do, make sure you always have the following items. So when the craving hits you, you will be able to quickly make up a batch.
- Coconut Oil
- Cocoa Powder
- Stevia Sweetener
- Peanut Butter
- Cashew Butter
- Almond Butter
- Shredded Coconut
Always make sure to check ingredients before purchasing items, to make sure they fit within your keto lifestyle.
What Keto Sweetener Should I Use?
Stevia is the sweetener that we prefer and use most often. You can also Swerve as a good option for these fat bombs. Powder erythritol is another sugar replacement that we like to use.
Powder Erythritol is a good substitution for sugar and it can be replaced with same amounts in most recipe. It also doesn’t give that bitter after taste that a lot of sugar substitutes do.
When selecting a keto sweetener, make sure to check ingredients to make sure it stays within your low carb diet. It could change the net carb count if the sweetener contains any added ingredients.
Keto Chocolate Fat Bomb Tips:
- Use a Cookie Scoop – I like to use a cookie scoop to scoop keto fat bomb recipes into servings on a muffin pan. The cookie scoop really helps to make them all the same size. You can buy a set and I promise you will use them for all sorts of things. We use them for cookies, cupcakes and even meatballs.
- Melt Coconut Oil – Before mixing the other ingredients with coconut oil, make sure it is melted. You can melt it in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Liquid Stevia – Liquid Stevia is a great substitute if you are use to using maple syrup or honey to sweeten your dessert.
- Nut Butter – Make sure your nut butter has clean ingredients. We like the very creamy nut butter.
- Freezing Nut Butter – To individually freeze your fat bombs, place them on a cookie sheet and freeze for about 30 minutes. Then you can place them all in a freezer safe container or zip lock back to freeze.
Variation Fat Bombs:
- Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs – Made with cream cheese, coconut oil and other simple ingredients. I love cheesecake and this is the perfect treat to help with my cravings.
- Add in Shredded Coconut – If you love coconut, grab some sugar free shredded coconut to mix in with these fat bombs.
- Chopped Nuts – For some extra crunch, mix in some chopped nuts. Chopped almonds or chopped pecans are my favorite to add in.
- Edible Essential Oil – If you have orange or peppermint essential oil, they are a great addition to these fat bombs.
- Protein Powder – To increase your protein, add in a scoop of protein powder to the fat bomb mix.
How to Store Fat Bombs:
To store fat bombs, they are best to be placed in the freezer. They will melt very fast at room temperature so placing them in the freezer allows them to be colder longer.
You can store them in the refrigerator, but they will melt faster.
Can you Freeze Fat Bombs:
Yes, we recommend placing the fat bombs in the freezer. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until completely frozen. Once frozen, remove from mini cupcake tin and store in a freezer-safe plastic bag in the freezer.
Note- These will melt rapidly so you do need to keep them in the freezer.
How long with Fat Bombs last?
Fat bombs will last up to one week in the freezer. That is why we like to prepare them on Sunday, which is my meal prep day.
Make these Fat Bombs Today!
- Easy Ingredients – There are only 5 ingredients to create this easy recipe. You can always get creative and for added health benefits, add in some chia seeds.
- No Baking – There is no baking required. You only need a freezer and these easy ingredients to mix together.
- Low Net Carbs – Sweet and delicious treat. They are a filling treat perfect for anytime of the day.
- Customize Fat Bombs – Customize this fat bombs to what you have on hand or for your specific diet. You do not have to be following the keto diet to enjoy these.
Print this easy recipe for keto chocolate peanut butter fat bombs below:
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter creamy
- 1/3 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
- sea salt for topping
- First, line with mini cupcake liners.
- Next, place peanut butter and coconut in a medium-size bowl and mix. Then, add cocoa powder and stevia and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture into each mini cupcake tin. Repeat until mixture is gone. You should get about 24 fat bombs.
- Swirl in a little more creamy peanut butter.Sprinkle of sea salt when ready to consume
- Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until completely frozen. Once frozen, remove from mini cupcake tin and store in a freezer-safe plastic bag in the freezer. Will melt rapidly.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe