M&M Christmas Cookies are festive for the holidays and so delicious. Red and green M&M candy combined with chocolate chips make each bite rich and decadent.
Christmas M&M Cookies are soft and gooey on the inside while being perfectly crispy around the edges. It is such a simple Christmas Dessert and perfect for parties.
The kids activities keep me busy and simple M&M Dessert Recipes help with busy schedules. I can make M&M Christmas Cookies without much time or work and they taste amazing!
They are the perfect soft and chewy cookie. You might also love Cowboy Christmas Cookies.
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe:
- Gooey Chocolate. There is so much chocolate in this recipe and each bite is delicious.
- Simple to make. This recipe is mostly pantry ingredients.
- Perfect for gatherings. If you need festive treats for a holiday party, this is perfect.
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- All Purpose Flour
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Red and Green M&Ms
Jump to recipe card at the bottom for the complete ingredient list and instructions.
Substitutions and Additions
- Seasonal M&M’s. Enjoy this recipe year-round by swapping the M&M’s for other colors. You can use regular M&M’s, Spring, Halloween or any color.
- Chocolate Chips. Substitute white chocolate chips for milk chocolate or use a combination.
How to make Christmas M&M Cookies:
Step 1. While the oven preheats, combine the butter and both types of sugar. Combine until the mixture is smooth.
Step 2. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then add the eggs and vanilla.
Step 3. Get out a separate bowl. Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch.
Step 4. Combine the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. I suggest mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
Step 5. Add the chocolate chips and M&M candy to the mixture.
Step 6. Carefully fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms by hand.
Step 7. Form the dough into balls and place on baking sheets. Press the reserved M&Ms on top.
Step 8. Allow the cookies to bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool and then move to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet. Wait to move the cookies to the cooling rack until they cool a few minutes.
- Use a lined baking sheet. Prepare the pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon the flour into the measuring cups. This will prevent you from using too much flour in this M&M Cookie Recipe.
- Use a cookie scoop. This will make it easy to make the cookies uniform.
Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Reserve some of the M&M candy for the top of the dough balls. Carefully arrange the extra M&M on top.
More Easy Christmas Cookies:
Make the best M&M Christmas Cookies and please a comment once you do!
M&M Christmas Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl beat (with a stand up mixer or hand mixer), the butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Then mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. We recommend mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
- Next gently stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Reserve some of the M&Ms for topping on the cookies.
- Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1.5 tablespoon amounts. Press the reserved M&Ms into the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are slightly brown. Do not over bake. The cookies may look raw in the middle but they will continue to cook as they set.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe