Gingerbread Kiss Cookies Recipe is a delightful combination of chewy gingerbread and Hershey Kisses. This easy recipe is sure to impress for the perfect cookie.
The flavor of gingerbread is so delicious and reminiscent of holidays. The cinnamon, molasses and other ingredients create a tasty flavor combination. I have been making this cookie recipe for years.
If you love gingerbread, this simple recipe for Gingerbread Kiss Cookies is a must try. It’s similar to Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe but with white chocolate Hershey Kisses.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
- Soft and Chewy Cookies. The texture is perfect in this recipe.
- Hershey’s Hugs Kisses. The gingerbread cookies are topped with hersey kisses for a delectable treat.
- Holiday Cookie Exchange. This recipe is idea for a cookie exchange party.
- Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- All Purpose Flour
- Ground Ginger
- Baking Soda
- Striped Hershey Kisses (Hugs), unwrapped
Find the complete ingredient list and instructions at the bottom in the recipe card.
How to make Gingerbread Kiss cookies:
Step 1. While the oven is preheating, get out a mixing bowl. Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. I prefer to use a stand mixer.
Step 2. Pour in the molasses to the mixture. Add in the molasses, egg and vanilla extract. Beat together.
Step 3. Combine the dry ingredients. Whisk together flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, all spice, baking soda and salt in a separate large bowl.
Step 4. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
Step 5. Shape into balls. Roll into 1-inch balls using a cookie scoop. Roll each of these cookie dough balls into a bowl of granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet several inches apart.
Step 6. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Hershey Kisses so they are ready.
Step 7. Top with a Hershey Kiss. Once the cookies are done, place a striped Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie once you remove them from the oven.
Step 8. Allow to cool. Then carefully move the cookies from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips to make Gingerbread Kiss Cookies:
- Room temperature ingredients. The mixture is easier to combine if using room temperature ingredients.
- Sugar. You can either use granulated sugar or sanding sugar to make these cookies.
- Hershey Kisses. This recipe is versatile and any type of these can be used.
- Cookie Scoop. I prefer to use a cookie scoop to form the cookies. It ensures each one is uniform and they bake evenly.
- Baking Soda. This ingredient helps to make the cookies soft and fluffy. Do not omit this ingredient or it will result in crispy cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cookies will last in an airtight container up to 5-7 days.
I don’t recommend freezing them after baked but you can freeze the dough. If you plan to freeze the dough, it is best to flash free the balls.
Simply, place them on baking sheets and freeze for 30 minutes to an hour. This will prevent the cookies from sticking once frozen in a container. Freeze up to 3 months.
When ready to bake, you do not have to thaw. However, if frozen, you might need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
Roll the cookie dough balls in sugar and bake. Top with the Hershey Kiss as normal. Freezing the dough is a convenient way to save time around the holidays.
Yes, this recipe is easy to adapt to what you have on hand or prefer. The stripes of the hugs look so pretty against the contrast of the cookies.
However, any type of Hershey Kiss would look great. Feel free to use traditional Hershey Kisses or any flavor you like.
Give this a try for an easy recipe everyone will enjoy. Please leave a comment and star recipe rating once you do.
More easy Cookies:
- Christmas cake mix cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Easy Christmas pinwheel cookies Recipe
- Best cut out sugar cookies
More kiss cookies to try:
Gingerbread Kiss Cookies
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar plus a little more for rolling the cookies in
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp All Spice
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 24 Striped Hershey Kisses Hugs, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the molasses, egg and vanilla extract. Beat together.
- Whisk together flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, all spice, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Roll into 24 1″ balls. Roll each of these cookie dough balls into a bowl of granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the striped Hershey Kisses (Hugs) so they are ready.
- Once the cookies are done, place a striped Hershey Kiss (Hug) in the center of each cookie once you remove them from the oven.
- Then move the cookies from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe