You only need 3 ingredients to make this Oreo Icebox Cake in minutes. Let the kids help with this easy and delicious dessert. It is an easy no bake dessert for Summer.
Oreo icebox cake
Oreo fans will love this icebox cake with oreos. It is such a quick dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth. It only calls for 3 easy ingredients. Anyone can make this easy reicpe.
You will not believe how amazing this turns out. It’s a must try with less than 30 minutes needed prep time. In reality, it’s probably just 15 minutes!
This easy dessert makes it way into special occasions, weeknight dinners and much more around here. We all love it this 3 ingredient Oreo cake recipe.
It is just so simple to make and the entire family goes crazy over it. You don’t even need a food processor because the Oreo’s don’t need to be in fine crumbs. The topping is large cookie pieces so very simple.
What is an icebox cake?
It is a simple layered dessert with cookies, graham crackers or something similar that includes whipped cream and other yummy ingredients. It requires the refrigerator to set and typically it is an easy recipe.
This Oreo ice box cake does not disappoint. It is one of our favorite icebox cake recipes.
- Oreo Cookies
- Cool Whip
How to make oreo icebox cake:
- Step 1. Dip the cookies in milk. Dip approximately 30 Oreo cookies in milk and place them side by side in a 9X13 pan.
- Step 2. Top with whipped cream. Then spread cool whip over the top of these cookies. Make sure to spread it over all the cookies.
- Step 3. Keep making the layer of Oreos. Continue this process 2 more times in the same pan to use all the cookies and cool whip.
- Step 4. Garnish the cake with Oreo cookies. Chop up the remaining 5 Oreos. Sprinkle the crushed up Oreos on top of the cake.
- Step 5. Allow to chill. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours but overnight is preferred. Slice and enjoy this luscious dessert.
How long can you keep Oreo icebox cake?
Typically 2-3 days. The cake will become very mushy after awhile.
You do not want to make this too far in advance.
Cover the pan with plastic wrap or a lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Homemade whipped topping. Instead of store bought whipped cream, you can use heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to make homemade. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Oreo Cookies. You can use double stuff or try other flavors. Golden Oreo, peanut butter, chocolate, lemon and more would be delicious.
- Topping. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the dessert for more chocolate flavor. Other ideas include, chopped nuts, caramel syrup and chocolate syrup.
- Double the recipe. We love to double the recipe and prepare this in a trifle dish. The layers are so pretty and makes an easy yet gorgeous dessert.
- Gluten free option. Just use gluten free Oreo cookies in this recipe if you need to make it gluten free. This is an easy substitute if you have dietary needs.
- Chill at least 4 hours. This dessert is best served after it has been refrigerated at least 4 hours. We prefer overnight for best taste as this gives the cookies plenty of time to soak in the whipped cream.
- Freeze to get clean slices. Right before serving, put the dessert in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes and it will be nice and firm. This will make it super easy to cut into nice clean slices for serving.
- Make in advance. This dish is perfect to make in advance. I usually make it a day before I play to serve it. It tastes even better with the softened cookies layered together.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, homemade whipped cream can be substituted for store bought. Either option will be delicious in this recipe.
This can be made in advance up to 1 day. You do not want to prepare it too early or it will get very mushy. However, it is best made up to a day in advance to give the cookies time to soften.
Double stuffed Oreos can be used in this recipe if you love all the extra cream. It is a tasty variation to try.
Sure! The 9×13 size works perfectly for this recipe but feel free to try other ideas. You can use a trifle dish to display those gorgeous layers.
We do recommend doubling the recipe if you plan to use a trifle dish.
This is the perfect dessert to serve in the Summer months when you want something sweet but not too heavy. It is light and delicious while being super easy to prepare.
With just 3 ingredients, anyone can throw this together without much work at all. We think it is so delicious and sure to be a hit with your family.
It is perfect for cookouts, potlucks and gatherings of all types. Everyone will love this easy recipe.
Print this oreo icebox cake recipe below:
Oreo Icebox Cake
- 95 Oreo Cookies
- 3 12 oz containers of Cool Whip, thawed at room temperature
- 1 1/2- 2 cups Milk
- Dip approximately 30 Oreo Cookes in milk and place them side by side in a 9X13 pan.
- Then spread 1 container of the cool whip over the top of these cookies.
- Continue this process 2 more times in the same pan to use all the cookies and cool whip.
- Chop up the remaining 5 Oreos. Sprinkle the crushed up Oreos on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours but overnight is preferred.
- Slice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe