Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are simple to make with only 4 ingredients. The secret is the cake mix but no one will know!
Get ready for one of the easiest cookie recipes. These Red Velvet Cookies are simple to make any time of year, but we love them for Valentine’s Day. From Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies to Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies, the ideas are endless for easy recipes.
Table of contents
Why we love this recipe
- Only 4 ingredients. With a few basic ingredients, anyone can make Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies.
- Delicious taste and flavor. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are really yummy.
- Very little prep time. The entire recipe is quick and easy with minimum work.
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Large Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered sugar
Variations to try
- White Chocolate Chips. Add white chocolate chips for a pretty contrast with the vibrant red cookies.
- Frosting. Top the cookies with Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe or make a cookie sandwich.
- Cake mix. Substitute the cake mix for other flavors.
- Vanilla. Add vanilla extract to the mixture if desired.
- Red food coloring. You can add a few drops of food coloring for a deeper red color in the red velvet cookies with cake mix.
Step by Step instructions
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While the oven is heating up, combine everything together in a large mixing bowl except the powdered sugar.
Step 2. The batter will be thick but this is normal.
Step 3. Use a cookie scoop to spoon the dough into balls.
Step 4. Then roll in the powdered sugar.
Step 5. Once coated in powdered sugar, place the cookies on a baking sheet. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between the cookies.
Step 6. Bake until cookies are slightly brown on the edges of the cookies. It will take 8 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes and then move to a wire rack.
- Use a Cookie Scoop. I prefer to use a cookie scoop. It makes it so easy and all of the cookie dough balls will be the same size.
- Prepare the baking sheet. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mats.
- Press the dough before baking. Gently press the dough balls with a glass. Once baked, this will create a beautiful crackle appearance.
Place the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
More Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Cookies
- Yellow Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
Give this red velvet cookie recipe a try and come back to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix everything except the powdered sugar into a bowl (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into balls and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are slightly brown on the edges of the cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe