We are going to show you How to Make Cookies from Cake Mix with only 4 ingredients. The cookies taste amazing and it is such an easy dessert. The next time you need a quick and delicious dessert, this cake mix cookie recipe is a must try.
Easy Cake Mix Cookies:
You are going to be so excited once you know how to make cake box cookies that are soft and delicious. They are also budget friendly and easy to make.
I was hesitant at first that a cookie made from a cake mix could turn out so decadent. However, I quickly saw just how amazing these little cake batter cookies are. I also make Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies for another tasty treat.
Each bite is soft on the inside with just the slightest crisp on the outside. They really are just perfect. With only 4 ingredients, you can make these cookies anytime you want. They are so simple to make in a flash.
What are Cake Mix Cookies?
Cake Mix Cookies start are any flavor of cake mix. Eggs and oil are added to make cake cookies. You can even add in chocolate chips or M&M’s to add flavor and texture.
There are so many options with Cake Mix Cookies. You can even frost the cookies with a cream cheese frosting or top with powdered sugar.
- White Cake Mix – or our Homemade Cake Mix Recipe
- Vegetable Oil
- Add-ins (sprinkles, M&Ms or chocolate chips)
How to Make Cookies from Cake Mix:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While you are waiting on the oven, get out a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together in the bowl. The batter will be thick but this is normal. Gently fold in the add-ins of your choice.
- Step 3 – Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies. Place them on a cookie sheet. You will need to leave about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Step 4 – Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies will brown slightly on the edges.
- Step 5 – Serve – Let the cookies cool and then enjoy. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for them to cool.
How to Store Cake Mix Cookies:
Place the cookies once completely cooled inside an airtight container or bag. They will keep up to 3 days.
You can put a piece of bread in the container and this will keep them soft. This is a handy little trick.
Can you Freeze Cookies?
Yes, this is a great way to make the cookies last longer. They can be frozen up to 3 months.
Just make sure to let them cool completely and place inside an airtight container. I like to separate the layers of cookies with wax paper when freezing.
You can also freeze the cookie dough balls to bake later. This is very simple to do.
Just put the cooking dough balls on a baking sheet. Instead of baking, put in the freezer just long enough to flash freeze the cookies. This normally takes about 1 to 2 hours.
Learn more tips and tricks on how to freeze cookies for baking.
Does Cake Mix go bad?
Box of Cake mix can in deed go bad. While it is a great idea to stockpile cake mix when on sale, you don’t want to buy too much that it could expire.
I don’t recommend using cake mix past the expiration date. The leavening agents will not be as effective. Furthermore, if you notice any changes in color, odor or spot mold, toss the cake mix immediately.
I love to keep cake mixes in my pantry so I can make these cookies at anytime. Make sure to learn how to know when cake mixes are bad so you can make sure you don’t cook with an expired cake mix.
Tips for the Best Cake Mix Cookies:
- Cookie Scoop. These are so handy and you definitely want to use them to make these cookies. It makes scooping the cookies fast. Plus, each cookie will be uniform and bake evenly.
- Allow to cool. The cookies should rest a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them. If you try to move them to a cooling rack to soon, they will crumble.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. Keep in mind the cookies will continue to bake while on the cookie sheet.
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat. I like to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat but it is optional. It helps the cookies to bake more evenly and makes cleanup super easy.
Cake Mix Cookies Variation ideas
- Add white chocolate chips to the cookies to make them even more decadent. These contrast so pretty in cake mixes such as red velvet, chocolate, strawberry and lemon.
- Try different types or flavor of cake mix- yellow cake mix, chocolate cake mix, devil’s food, strawberry and more. You can use Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, store brand or any brand you prefer to make these cookies.
- Put a Reese’s cup on top or Hershey kiss. Just place these on top of the cookie when it comes out of the oven. Gently press it down and allow to set.
- Add nuts. Some ideas include: chopped pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts. Try adding ¼ cup or ⅓ cup nuts.
- Toss in shredded coconut. Normally, ½ cup to 1 cup shredded coconut is perfect.
- Chocolate chips taste amazing. Try dark chocolate, milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Make cookie sandwiches. This delicious cake mix cookies recipe is absolutely perfect for cookie sandwiches. It is really decadent and a great treat for something extra special.
- Ice Cream Sandwich. Add a scoop of ice cream between 2 of these yummy cookies. It is an easy way to make an ice cream sandwich and so tasty.
- Make the cookies festive with sprinkles. Enjoy these year round by adding Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter and Halloween sprinkles to the cookies.
- Add mini M&M’s to the cookie dough. This is always a favorite with the kids.
- Use leftover candy for the cookies. Chop candy bars and add into the dough. Some ideas to try include: Butterfinger, milk way and Reece’s cups
Cake Mix Cookie Flavor Combinations we love:
- Lemon cake mix and white chocolate chips.
- Chocolate cake mix and peanut butter chips.
- Red velvet cake mix and white chocolate chips.
- Strawberry cake mix and dark chocolate chips.
- Carrot Cake and white chocolate chips.
More Cake Mix Desserts:
- Strawberry Cake Mix Brownies
- Lemon Bars with Cake Mix
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies Recipe:
Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Add-ins (chocolate chips, M&Ms or sprinkles)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together in a large bowl. (Batter will be thick). Gently fold in the add-ins of your choice.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes. Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try all these Cake Mix Cookies Recipes:
1. Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies
2. Lemon Cake Mix Cookies:
3. Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies:
Find more of The Best Cake Mix Cookie Recipes.