Delicious peanut butter cookies are decorated with adorable Rudolph faces for the best Reindeer Cookies. This easy Christmas cookie recipe is a hit with kids and adults too!
These adorable cookies are perfect for holiday cookie trays. Everyone loves peanut butter cookies and this recipe is so cute. Nutter Butter Reindeer and Reindeer Pretzels also make a great addition to the dessert table. The nutter butter cookies recipe is no bake!
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- Festive Treat for Christmas. From Christmas Eve to holiday parties, this is a darling cookie to make.
- Make the dough ahead. Save time and make the dough in advance prior to your Christmas party.
- Delicious cookie recipe. Not only is it super cute but it is so tasty too.
- Light Brown Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Candy Eyes
- Red M&M
Scroll to the very bottom and get the complete ingredient list in the recipe card.
Substitutions and Additions
- Chocolate chips for the eyes. Swap the candy eyes and use mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- Gingerbread Cookies. You can use Gingerbread Cookie dough instead of peanut butter for a different flavor.
- Red Hots for the nose. You can use red hot candy instead of M&M’s for the nose.
- Sugar Cookies. Another variation to try is sugar cookies instead of peanut butter cookies.
- Melted Chocolate. Dot a tiny bit of melted chocolate on the cookies for eyes as another option.
- Frosting. Decorate the cookies with chocolate frosting if desired.
How to make Reindeer Cookies
Step 1. After you preheat the oven, use a stand mixer to combine the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix at medium speed until combined. Then add the egg.
Step 2. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then gradually add the flour, baking soda and salt to the wet ingredients.
Step 3. Continue to mix until all of the dry ingredients are added. Do not overmix.
Step 4. I like to use a cookie scoop to easily roll the batter into balls. Then shape the balls into triangle shapes and place them on a baking sheet.
Step 5. Bake the cookies and decorate the top of the cookie while still warm so the toppings will stick. Use the pretzels to form the antlers at the large size of the triangles and use the candy eyes and red M&Ms to make the reindeer faces.
Step 6. Allow the top of the peanut butter reindeer cookies to set. Then serve on a platter and enjoy.
- Prepare the baking sheets. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
- Cool on a wire rack. Make sure to allow the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack to set before serving.
- Room temperature ingredients. Use room temperature ingredients for the best results on this recipe.
- Creamy Peanut Butter is best. Make sure that you use creamy peanut butter for this recipe.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days. Keep a slice of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them soft and moist.
Yes, allow the cookies to cool. Then place in a freezer bag or container. Freeze up to 3 months.
More Festive Christmas Cookies to try:
Make these adorable Reindeer cookies and let me know what you think by leaving a comment. It is so much fun to hear from you!
For the Cookies:
For the Decorations:
- 48 Pretzel Twists
- 48 Candy Eyes
- 24 Red M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer or stand up mixer to combine the butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix at medium speed until combined.
- Then add in the egg and mix until the egg is incorporated in the batter.
- Reduce the mixer speed down to low and slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Use a cookie scoop to roll the batter into approximately 2 tablespoons size balls. Then form each of the balls into triangle shapes. Then place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are just set.
- Remove the cookies and decorate them quickly while the cookies are still warm.
- Use the pretzels to form the antlers at the large size of the triangles on the cookies and use the candy eyes and red M&Ms to make the reindeer faces on each of the cookies.
- Let the cookies sit for 5 minutes on the baking sheets.
- Carefully transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe