Make Reindeer Pretzels with the kids for an easy and festive Christmas treat. The salty sweet combination is always a hit.
This is such a fun recipe and we look forward to making it year after year. From parties to movie night, this treat never disappoints. The reindeer pretzels turn out so cute and taste amazing too.
I don’t know about you but I absolutely love the combination of salty pretzels and sweet chocolate. We make this Rolo Pretzels Recipe and thought it would be fun to make a holiday version.
Christmas Pretzels Recipe is the perfect holiday treat. You only need a few ingredients and the results are a fun and festive holiday treat. Get the kids involved to make this tasty treat this holiday season.
Quick and Easy Holiday Treat:
If you are anything like my family, the holidays get busy. But I like to set some time to spend with my kids and make some holiday treats. This holiday treat only requires a few ingredients and the perfect no bake treat.
The combination of the sweet and salty flavors always makes these a crowd favorite. This quick and easy Reindeer Pretzel Treat would be great to add to your holiday dessert try or wrap up for a holiday gift and give to friends and family.
Ingredients you need:
- Mini Pretzels
- Rolo Candies, unwrapped
- Red M&Ms
- Candy Eyes
Just a few simple ingredients. You will love how easy this festive recipe is to make.
How to Make Reindeer Pretzels with Rolos:
- Step 1 – First, preheat the oven to 250 to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2 – Place half of the pretzel twist on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Step 3 – Cut the rest of the pretzels in half to be the antlers on your pretzels. Next, place the unwrapped Rolo candies on top of the pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Step 4 – Bake for 2 minutes to allow the Rolo Candies to melt. You want them to be soft and melty.
- Step 5 – Add the red m&m to the bottom center of the rolo candy and slightly press down to spread the melted rolo out across the extra pretzel.
- Step 6 – Then add 2 pretzel antler to each one by placing the pretzels into the top of the melted chocolate. Top each one with 2 candy eyes above the red noses.
- Step 7 – Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the chocolate to solidify. Then carefully remove them from the baking sheet and enjoy!
How to Serve:
We like to serve these on holiday dessert trays and for family gatherings. These Reindeer Pretzels are perfect as a dessert or a snack.
They are perfect to give as a gift. Wrap them in a clear holiday bag and give to kids teachers, neighbors and friends.
Tips for Reindeer Rolo Pretzels:
- Refrigerate before serving – Don’t rush at the end. You really do need to refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the chocolate to solidify. This will help the reindeer to stay intact.
- Storing – Store in an air tight container. If it’s more humid in your home, then store in the refrigerator.
- Baking Sheet – You will need a good baking sheet. We used these and they were a good price. If you need to replace some of yours, you can see more baking sheets here. I have had the same baking sheets for years and it was time to get some new ones.
- Chocolate – Feel free to use different chocolate. We have used white chocolate kiss and they turned out so cute. Make Christmas Pretzel Hugs with Hershey Hugs Kisses.
How to Store Reindeer Pretzels:
We recommend storing in the refrigerator or at room temperature. These Reindeer treats do not last long in my house, but I would try to eat them within a week.
Can you Freeze Rolo Pretzel Reindeer?
We do not recommend freezing these Reindeer Treats. The texture of the pretzel changes but you can definitely try to see if you get better results.
I suggest that you flash freeze the treats first. You can do this by putting them on a baking sheet or plate in the freezer. Allow them to stay in the freezer for about an hour.
Then put the treats inside an airtight container or bag in the freezer. You can easily grab a couple when the craving strikes.
They shouldn’t stick together since they were flash frozen first. The treats will last up to 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
Print this recipe for christmas rolo pretzels below:
- 50 Mini Pretzels
- 25 Rolo Candies unwrapped
- 25 Red M&Ms
- 50 Candy Eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place half of the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut the rest of the pretzels in half to be the antlers on your pretzels.
- Place the unwrapped Rolo candies on top of the pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 minutes to allow the Rolo Candies to melt.
- Add the red m&m to the bottom center of the rolo candy and slightly press down to spread the melted rolo out across the pretzel.
- Then add 2 antler pretzels to each one by placing the pretzels into the top of the melted rolo.
- Top each one with 2 candy eyes above the red noses.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the chocolate to solidify. Then carefully remove them from the baking sheet and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Make sure you check out all our Christmas desserts too.
More easy reindeer desserts:
- Adorable Reindeer Cupcakes
- Nutter Butter Reindeer
- Reindeer Cake Pops
- Easy to make reindeer brownies
- Adorable Reindeer Cookies – Easy Christmas Cookies
Try these easy Christmas treats:
- Christmas pinwheel cookies Recipe
- Easy Grinch Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Snowball Cookies Recipe