Make a festive treat in minutes with this St Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookie recipe. The secret is a cake mix and you can whip this up in minutes for a delicious cookie.
St Patrick’s Day Cookies:
I try to make things special for the kids and they really love when I make St Patrick’s Day cake mix cookie recipe. With so few ingredients needed, I literally can make these any day of the week.
Plus, they are soft and delicious and just incredibly decadent. Each bite is so sweet and delicious with the white chocolate chips. We all really love these. The ingredients and you start with a box of white cake mix.
We made Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Cookies so I thought we needed to try St Patrick’s Day Cookies. It is really easy to make festive treats with simple recipes like this.
Easy St Patrick’s Day Cookie Recipe:
We love making fun and festive treat for any holiday. These easy cookies really are amazing and you won’t believe how few ingredients you actually need.
It is quick and easy enough to make for a quick after school snack but special enough for a party. You will love that each bite is so tasty that you will need more than one.
We love making cake mix cookies. They are a quick and easy cookie recipe that only require a few extra ingredients.
Ingredients for the Easiest St Patrick’s Day Cookies:
- White Cake Mix
- Green Food Coloring
- Vegetable Oil
- White Chocolate Chips
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookies:
- Step 1 – Prepare Oven – First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Mix Ingredients – Next, mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together in a large bowl. (The batter will be thick but this is normal).
- Step 3 – Add in food coloring – Mix in food coloring until the dough is the color that you desire.
- Step 4 – Add in White Chocolate Chips – Then stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Step 5 – Scoop Cookies – Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Step 6 – Bake Cookies – Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Step 7 – Cool and Serve – Allow to cool completely and then serve. Keep reading for the full recipe. It is super simple cookie recipe.
- Change the Chocolate Chips – Use milk chocolate chips instead of white chocolate.
- Cake Mix Variations – Substitute chocolate cake mix for the white cake mix.
- Add in Sprinkles – Add sprinkles to the cookies to make them even more festive. Green sugar sprinkles are so pretty.
- Ice the Cookies – You can top the cookies with cream cheese frosting for added flavor.
- Cookie Sandwiches – Make a cookie sandwich with frosting in the middle. You can also ice cream in the middle of two cookies.
- Powdered – One the cookies are finished cooking, dust the tops with powdered sugar.
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to start the dough into balls. This way the cookie dough balls are about the same size.
- Cooling Cookies – To cool the cookies before serving, place on a cooling rack.
- Line Baking Sheet – For easy cleanup and to easily remove cookies for baking pan, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cake Mix Ingredients – When making this cake, you only need the 4 ingredients listed. There is no need to add the ingredients from the cake mix box.
How to Store:
After your cookies have completely cooled, place in an air tight container. Store at room temperature for up to week.
How to Freeze:
Make sure that the cookies cool completely before freezing. Place the cooked cookies on a baking sheet. Then place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour. After this time, move them to a freezer bag for up to 2-3 months.
Freezing the cookie individually for an hour, allows you to take out small serving without having to defrost a large portion.
Defrost them at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy! I love just pulling a few out at dinner time and they’re usually defrosted out in time for green St Pattys dessert.
St Patrick’s day cake mix cookie recipe
- 1 white cake mix
- Green Food Coloring
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together in a large bowl. (Batter will be thick). Mix in food coloring until the dough is the color that you desire.
- Then stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More St Patrick’s Day Desserts:
- St. Patrick’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
- St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Treats
- St Patrick’s Day Puppy Chow
- St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe
- Easy Rainbow Cookies
- McDonalds Shamrock Shake Recipe
- Easy Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats Recipe