Sugar Cookie Dip is an easy dessert dip with only 5 ingredients. This recipe is perfect for holiday parties and tastes just like sugar cookies.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Dip is always a hit whenever I make it. I have been making this for holiday parties for years and it’s so easy. If you love sugar cookies, this recipe is a must try and sure to be a hit.
Cake Batter Dip is another easy recipe that we love for any occasion.
Why this recipe is amazing
- You only need 5 ingredients and preparation is less than 15 minutes.
- It tastes like sugar cookie dough for the best flavor.
- Super easy treat for parties and holidays that guests will love.
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Whipped Topping (thawed)
- Vanilla Extract (clear works best)
- Powdered Sugar
- Christmas Jimmie Sprinkles
Jump to recipe at the bottom of the post and find the complete ingredient list.
Variations and Substitutions
- Nonpareils. Swap the Christmas sprinkles for other types of nonpareils to make this year round. You can use Valentine’s, Halloween or any type to make this for any occasion.
- Topping. Top the sugar cookie dough dip with crushed cookies, graham crackers or chocolate chips.
How to make Sugar Cookie Dip Recipe
Step 1. Get out a mixing bowl and beat the cream cheese until fluffy. I used a hand mixer but you can also use a stand mixer.
Step 2. Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and smooth.
Step 3. Carefully combine the Cool Whip and fold into the mixture. Don’t use the electric mixer for this step.
Step 4. Stir by hand stir the sprinkles into the dip. Save some for the top. Carefully and slowly combine the sprinkles so the colors on the sprinkles do not bleed. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Fresh Fruit. Apples, Strawberries, pears and bananas. My kids love apple slices the best!
- Cookies. Animal Crackers, Graham Crackers, nilla wafers, gingerbread men, frosted sugar cookies.
- Other. Pretzels and pound cake cubes are also good to serve with sugar cookie dip.
Tips for Success
- Only use nonpareils for sprinkles. Jimmies will not bleed into the Christmas Cookie dip.
- Use a block of cream cheese. Don’t use a tub of cream cheese as it is a different consistency than the blocks.
- Thaw the cool whip. Make sure to thaw the whipped cream overnight so it is easy to fold into the mixture.
- Clear Vanilla Extract. Use clear vanilla if you can. This will produce the prettiest dip.
I do not recommend freezing the dip as the texture will change. This recipe is so easy to just make the night before you need this.
Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve using an airtight container up to 5 days.
This dip can easily be made ahead of time. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
More Easy Dessert Dips:
Make this yummy Sugar Cookie Dip and please leave a star recipe rating once you do.
Sugar Cookie Dip
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Gently stir in the whipped topping.
- Then gently hand stir in most of the sprinkles (reserve some for topping). Stir slowly so that the colors on the sprinkles do not bleed into the dip.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Then serve topped with the reserve sprinkles with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe