You only need 4 ingredients to make this decadent Cake Batter Dip Recipe. Serve it with fruit, graham crackers or anything you like for an amazing treat in minutes.
With just 4 ingredients, this is so easy to make and very inexpensive. No one will be able to resist this creamy and delicious cake batter dip.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
- No bake. You can make this in minutes.
- Only 4 ingredients. You probably already have what you need to make this.
- Versatile. This recipe is simple to adapt based on what you have on hand. Many different types of cake mix will work.
Friends and family will enjoy this no bake dessert dip. It is a must try recipe and always a crowd pleaser.
It is so easy and goes with just about any occasion. From pool parties to a birthday party and holidays, this dip never disappoints.
- cream cheese, room temperature
- whipped topping
- Funfetti cake mix, (unprepared)
- bright multi colored sprinkles, for garnishing
Scroll to the bottom of the post for complete ingredients and recipe.
Birthday Cake Dip Variation ideas:
- Cake Mix. Try other types of cake mix instead of funfetti cake mix for a change. White cake mix, lemon and strawberry would all be delicious.
Chocolate fans might like a chocolate cake mix. It would be a yummy chocolate dip.
- Sprinkles. Use different color sprinkles for holidays- red and green, orange and black, pastels, patriotic colors etc. I would not use sugar sprinkles in this dip.
- Cool whip. Add cool whip to the mixture until it is the desired consistency. It will make the dip even more creamy.
- Vanilla yogurt. You can use this instead of cream cheese for a different flavor. This will also lighten up the dip.
- Mix-ins. Change the flavor and add a handful of mini chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers, crushed oreo cookies or anything else you like.
How to make Cake Batter Dip:
Step 1. You will need a large bowl. Add the whipped topping and cream cheese to the bowl and beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer until it is smooth and creamy.
Step 2. Next, add the cake mix and milk.
Step 3. Stir it together using a wooden spoon and not the mixer until combined.
Step 4. Add the sprinkles on top before serving.
- animal crackers
- graham crackers – Just break them into sticks. Try using chocolate graham crackers, cinnamon graham crackers or original.
- vanilla wafers
- fruit- strawberries, grapes, apple slices are some of our favorites.
- Pretzels- The sticks are perfect for dipping but any type will work.
- Teddy Grahams. We like using plain, cinnamon and chocolate.
- Sugar Cookie Sticks
Choose one of these ideas or use your favorite dippers in this easy dessert dip. My kids love animal crackers and graham crackers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Put the dip inside an airtight container. Store in the fridge up to 2 days. Keep in mind that leftover dip will have the sprinkles in it so it might run into the dip.
It won’t look as pretty but will still taste fine.
Yes, just make sure the dip is in a freezer bag or freezer container with a good lid. It will keep up to a month in the freezer.
You can make this dip up to 2 days in advance. However, do not add the sprinkles until you are ready to serve.
The sprinkles will run if you mix them in when you make the dip. It is best to garnish the day of serving.
Also, let the dip sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. This will give it time to soften and make it easier for dipping.
It will thicken in the fridge. You can add a few tablespoons of milk until it is the desired consistency. Just make sure to add the milk gradually so you don’t pour too much.
Yes, it is ok to eat the flour. However, if this concerns you, you can heat treat it. Spread the cake batter on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
More Dessert dips to make:
Make this easy Funfetti Cake Batter Dip for the best treat. Then please leave a comment once you do!
Cake Batter Dip Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed (cool whip)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix (unprepared)
- bright multi colored sprinkles for garnishing
- Add whipped topping and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add cake mix and milk and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Serve garnished with sprinkles and whatever dippers you prefer. Graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, fresh fruit, etc.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe