You only need 4 ingredients to make Patriotic Oreo Balls. This creamy and delicious treat is festive, tasty and oh so easy!
Patriotic Oreo Balls
Oreo balls are always fun to make and eat! I started thinking about how cute they would be decorated in red, white and blue. So fun for July 4th or Memorial Day.
The entire recipe is so simple. If you have made our traditional recipe for Oreo Balls, you know how tasty and easy it is to make. I think are going to love having this festive version to make!
- softened Cream Cheese
- Oreo Cookies
- white almond bark
- Red white and blue sprinkles
That is it! It really is so simple and you do not need many ingredients at all.
How to make Oreo Balls for 4th of July:
First, get your baking sheet ready. Line it with parchment paper and set aside.
Second, crush the Oreo cookies. You want this to be fine finely crushed. If you have a food processor, this would be the easiest and fastest way to finely crush the cookies.
Now, if you do not have a food processor, you can also crush the cookies in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin.
Next, put the crushed Oreo cookies in a bowl and add the cream cheese. Combine this mixture until everything is well blended.
Scoop the mixture into balls. I normally do about 1″ balls. You can use a cookie scoop to quickly make these uniform.
After you have scooped all of the cookie mixture into balls, put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Finally, heat the chocolate in 1 minute intervals. Make sure to stir in between each interval. Keep repeating this process until melted.
Now, dip each ball into the chocolate to completely cover each ball. You can use a fork or a toothpick to dip the balls. Make sure to shake off excess and place on the baking sheet you lined in wax paper earlier.
The last step is to decorate. Top with red, white and blue sprinkles to make these festive treats.
How to store:
Store the Oreo balls in the fridge inside an airtight container. You don’t want to leave them out because the chocolate will start to melt.
See Can you Freeze Oreo Balls to learn how to freeze oreo balls.
- Sprinkles- You can use any color to make these work for any occasion or Holiday. Try red and green for Christmas, pink and red for Valentine’s Day, pastels for Easter or Spring, black and orange for Halloween. You get the idea!
- Chocolate- Dip these in milk chocolate for a change from the white chocolate. You can even drizzle melted chocolate over the balls instead of using sprinkles.
- Oreo cookies- I’m a big fan of traditional oreo cookies but it would be fun to try other types to make these oreo truffles. The ideas are endless- birthday cake, peanut butter, red velvet and more! It seems they have a ton of Oreo flavors these days.
Tips for 4th of July Oreo balls:
- It will be helpful to have a food processor like these on Amazon. It is so handy to crush the oreo cookies.
- Cookie Scoop- This is not necessary but it sure is helpful. A cookie scoop makes it so easy to get all of the oreo balls uniform.
- Use lollipop sticks in the oreo balls to make these more like cake pops. So fun and still really easy.
Try Patriotic Oreo Balls for an easy and yummy treat!
Oreo balls are a ton of fun to make and super easy. I love how few ingredients you need to make these. They look so fancy but take hardly anytime at all to make.
This is definitely my kind of dessert! Make these for your next July 4th or Memorial Day party. They would also be pretty for Veteran’s Day.
Festive treats are always a hit! Let us know how they turn out once you try them. Just leave a comment!
Print the recipe for red white and blue oreo balls:
Patriotic Oreo Balls
- 8 oz softened Cream Cheese
- 14.5 oz Oreo Cookies
- 1 pound white almond bark
- red white and blue sprinkles
- Line a cutting board or baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor.
- Combine cream cheese and crushed cookies until well blended.
- Form mixture into 1″ balls and place on prepared sheet.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Heat chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute stirring and repeating until melted.
- Using a fork dip each ball into chocolate to completely coat. Shake off excess and return to tray.
- Add sprinkles to oreo balls.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe