Air Fryer Hand Pies are easy to make with only a few ingredients. The flaky crust and delicious filling combine for an irresistible dessert.
Once you make Air Fryer Hand Pies, you will be hooked! They are super easy and so tasty. Each handheld treat is so delicious for a great dessert in minutes.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe
The crust is perfectly cooked, the filling is delicious, and the glaze takes it up a level. Anyone can make this easy dessert because you don’t need much time. It’s the ideal dessert or snack for busy moms.
- Refrigerated Store-bought Pie Crusts
- Apple Pie Filling (store bought or homemade)
- Large Egg
- Powdered Sugar
- Pie Filling. Other ideas include Homemade Cherry Pie Filling, strawberry pie filling, blueberry filling and peach.
- Topping. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top instead of using the glaze. Cinnamon and Sugar make a great topping as well.
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Use a small bowl and beat the egg and water together. Set this aside for later.
Step 2. Next, roll out the pie crusts with a rolling pin. Use a circle cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to cut out small circles.
Step 3. Add the apple pie filling to the center. I used about a tablespoon of the apple pie filling. Make sure to leave ½ inch edge around the outside.
Step 4. Form a half circle by folding each of the pie crusts. Seal the edges together with your fingers or with a fork. Use a small knife to cut a small X into the top center of each prepared pie.
Step 5. Next, rub the air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent the pies from sticking to the basket. Place the pies in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Brush the top of each hand pie with the egg wash mixture.
Step 6. While the pies are cooking, stir together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.
Step 7. Allow the pies to cool. Then brush the glaze on top.
Step 8. Serve and enjoy these tasty pies.
- Do not use cooking spray in the air fryer basket. Do not use a non-stick cooking spray in your air fryer basket as it will cause build up in your basket. We recommend using a spray olive oil or rubbing olive oil into the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook in batches. Don’t overcrowd the hand pies. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook these in batches.
- Don’t overfill the pies. You do not want the filling to come out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Yes, you can. Follow the recipe instructions and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
This allows the steam to escape so the dough isn’t soggy.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Peach Cobbler
- 39 Best Air Fryer Cookies
- Air Fryer Donuts Recipe
- Air Fryer Churros
- Easy Air Fryer Banana Bread
Your family will be impressed once you make these Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies. Please come back and leave a star recipe rating and comment!
Air Fryer Hand Pies
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Pie Crusts 2 crusts – 14.1 ounces
- 1 cup Apple Pie Filling store bought or homemade
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Beat the egg with the water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Allow the pie crusts to come to room temperature.
- Roll out the pie crusts. Use a 4 inch circle cookie cutter or round bowl to cut out small circles out of the pie crusts.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the apple pie filling to the center of half of each of the circles leaving an ½ inch edge around the outside.
- Fold over each of the pie crusts to form a half circle. Seal the edges together with your fingers or with a fork.
- Then use a small knife to cut a small X into the top center of each prepared pie.
- Rub the air fryer basket with olive oil to prevent the pies from sticking to the basket.
- Then, working in batches, place the pies in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Brush the top of each hand pie with the egg wash mixture.
- Air fry the pies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes until the pies are golden brown.
- Remove from the basket to a wire rack to cool. Continue this process until all the pies are cooked.
- While the pies are cooking, stir together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Once the pies have cooled completely, brush the glaze on top of each of the pies.
- Then the pies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe