No Bake Banana Split Cake Recipe is super quick and easy and always a hit. Layers of strawberries, pineapple and more topped with chocolate and cherries make this dessert so decadent.
No Bake Banana Split Cake Recipe:
Banana splits are always a popular dessert choice and I thought it would be a fun idea to turn it into a cake! This no bake treat is inspired by all that you enjoy in a banana split. You will love it!
Each bite is delicious with so many flavors. From the graham cracker crust to the cream cheese filling, this dessert does not disappoint. You get lots of strawberries, pineapple and chocolate in each bite.
This Banana split cake is always a crowd favorite. We also love Eclair Cake or Banana Split Dump Cake for another treat. This recipe for Banana Split Cake is so easy to make and the process is simple too.
What is a Banana Split?
Banana Split is a common dessert in America. This ice cream based dessert starts with a banana that is split and then topped with three scoops of ice cream and sauces.
What is a Classic Banana Split made of?
A banana split used to be what I always got when I went to our local ice cream store. Of course, I would need some help eating because of the large portion of a classic banana split.
Here are the Traditional Ingredients for a Classic Banana Split:
- First layer is a fresh banana that is split into two and placed in a container.
- Then it is topped with three scoops of ice cream – vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.
- Each ice cream is then topped with pineapple, chocolate syrup and strawberries.
- Then each ice cream is topped with whipped cream, chopped nuts and cherries on top.
No Bake Banana Split Cake Ingredients:
For the Crust:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Layer:
- Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- Granulated Sugar
- Cool Whip
For the Fruit & Toppings:
- Sliced Bananas
- Crushed Pineapple, drained well
- Strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- Cool Whip
- Walnuts, chopped
- Chocolate Syrup
- Maraschino Cherries
How to Make Banana Split Cake:
- Prepare Pan – Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Combine Ingredients for Crust – In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork, stirring until all of the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Layer crust in pan – Dump the crumbs into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.
- Mix together Cream Cheese Layer – In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip until thoroughly combined.
- Layer on graham cracker crust – Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust. Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Add banana and strawberries – Top with an even layer of the crushed pineapple, and then an even layer of the sliced strawberries.
- Layer with toppings – Cover with the Cool Whip, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries.
- Cool, Serve and Enjoy – Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I use a different flavor of Crust?
Yes, you can change the flavor of the crust. We recommend using a Oreo crust instead of the graham cracker crust. It give the banana split a nice chocolate flavor.
Get creative and crush up cookies that you have in your pantry. I love to come up with variations for this banana split cake.
What other Toppings can I add?
- Confectioners Sugar
- Caramel Syrup
- Chopped Nuts
- Sliced Fresh Strawberries
How to Store:
Store leftovers in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. We recommend eating the Banana Split Cake within 3 days.
After about 3 to 4 days the banana starts to turn brown and the layers may not look as good.
Can I use Fresh Pineapple?
Yes, you can use fresh pineapple instead of the canned crushed pineapple. After chopping the pineapple into small pieces, make sure you pat dry the pineapple. This make sure that there isn’t any moisture that will make the crust soggy.
Can you Freeze Banana Split Cake?
We do not recommend freezing this cake, but if you do make sure to wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Then wrap with foil and freeze up to 2 months.
Print Recipe here for Delicious Banana Split Cake:
Banana Split Cake Recipe
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- FOR THE CREAM CHEESE LAYER:
- 12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- FOR THE FRUIT & TOPPINGS:
- 3 bananas sliced
- 20 oz canned crushed pineapple drained well
- 16 oz strawberries hulled and sliced
- 8 zo Cool Whip
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- Chocolate syrup
- Maraschino cherries
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork, stirring until all of the crumbs are evenly moistened. Dump the crumbs into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip until thoroughly combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on top of the cream cheese filling, top with an even layer of the crushed pineapple, and then an even layer of the sliced strawberries.
- Cover with the Cool Whip, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Leftovers can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other easy banana recipes:
- Banana Pudding Cookies Recipe
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- Homemade Banana Pudding recipe
- The Best Banana Dessert Recipes
Try these other easy no bake desserts:
- No Bake Cinnamon Corn Flake Cereal Bars Recipe
- Easy No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Cheerios Bars Recipe
- No Bake Oreo Pie Recipe
- Easy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars